✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

What do you think about Violet Hill?

Lore

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alright. So we've got quite good beat, nice drums, excellent lyric... And? I'm not delighted. I'm not in love with it. I think (GOD I hope!) that Coldplay CAN do something better than Violet Hill. If VLVODAAHF is going to sound like this, I'm not sure it will be the best album ever made.

The best part is the last part, with beautiful piano - a bit Parachute's style. But those choirs? Falsetto sounds quite strange :dozey:

No more 80's please!

Alright. So we've got quite good beat, nice drums, excellent lyric... And? I'm not delighted. I'm not in love with it. I think (GOD I hope!) that Coldplay CAN do something better than Violet Hill.

...wait, then what the heck do you want? :laugh3:

...listen to it again? :laugh3:

hmmm what can i say...it's ok..Johhny's part is the best one in the song.

definately not disappointed..some songs take time you know :D

The beginnig of the song sounds like square one don't you think?

it's most definitely a grower. like i said, i didn't think much of it at first, but it gets better each time i listen.

Eno's production is so good.

What strikes me is the power with which Chris's first line breaks open the song.

It sounds extremely clear and loud. Great stuff.

I don't usually get excited about music or put songs on repeat, but last night I was jumping up and down with excitement and I've finally got the song now - I think it's AMAZING. Love love love the lyrics, Jonny's guitar solo, the great beat, just the whole sound of it.

Did anyone else get the Spanish-y feel from it like they were talking about for the album? I thought it was most noticable in the guitar solo and there was something of it in the drum beats, too.

On 5th play right now. I think people around me may start to get annoyed soon.

...wait, then what the heck do you want? :laugh3:

Well... I don't know what I wanted to hear, but it wasn't it. Pieces of that song are great, but they don't sound good for me when they're joined, you know?

And yeah, intro is a little bit like "Square One". A little bit.

hmmm what can i say...it's ok..Johhny's part is the best one in the song.

definately not disappointed..some songs take time you know :D

The beginnig of the song sounds like square one don't you think?

Yes, a little bit. :)

Just from the sound of VH, I think Johny was given the go ahead to do his own thing on some of the new stuff, bringing him back to the roots of when he was into My Bloody Valentine and stuff like that.....

The sound as a whole is different but the guitar parts are the most changed....which I like