✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

What do you think about Violet Hill?

Lore

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's for sure one of their best songs, in their top 10 or top 5, but I just need more time. The first time I listened to it it was ok, but it was getting better and now I love it. The lyrics are good, the rythm also and johny's solo is very good. 10/10

my mom likes it too! :dance:

she REALLY likes it! but she says she really doesn't think it's that different than their earlier stuff at all (meaning X&Y, not like "yellow" or whatever).

i've come to the conclusion that violet hill must be played LOUD. you cannot listen to this at normal volume, no way. i think i may kill what's left of my ear drums by next week. let's hope spell/yell is a bit less...biologically dangerous :D

My mom knows im a coldplay fanatic an shes been asking me when the new album was coming out an if i heard about the free concerts and stuff.Then when the song came out yesterday she asked if i heard it yet.Then she was like i want to hear it haha.And i played it for her and she was like "Oh,is that chris singing?It doesnt even sound like him."Then she was like oh thats different but its good and you can still tell its them.

Their most unique, original song in ages... Well done boys! They've certainly matured and grown - there's more vision and purpose now :D

This album will be their best to-date... the depth's gone to a whole new level!

And has anyone noticed that Johnny's guitar stabs are reminiscent of U2's Sunday Bloody Sunday where they're meant to mimic the bursts of rapid gunfire (read that bit in an analytical piece about the symbolism at play in the latter song)? Fits perfectly into VH's revolutionary aspect obviously...

Their most unique, original song in ages... Well done boys! They've certainly matured and grown - there's more vision and purpose now :D

This album will be their best to-date... the depth's gone to a whole new level!

And has anyone noticed that Johnny's guitar stabs are reminiscent of U2's Sunday Bloody Sunday where they're meant to mimic the bursts of rapid gunfire (read that bit in an analytical piece about the symbolism at play in the latter song)? Fits perfectly into VH's revolutionary aspect obviously...

couldn't agree more!

God i can't stop listening to this song!!!

Violet Hill is jus another Coldplay defining song dat i truly believe cud change their image. Its brilliant!!!!! I love it_i've completely exhausted the song on my ipod. Its Coldplay at their BEST.

My frenz think its sounds like X&Y bu i disagree..... Its like a natural high lol

Closing in on 50 listens, and still loving it :)

My dad is seriously Anti-Coldplay, and he said it was great that I was listening to it so much cos he reckons I will be totally sick of it within 2 weeks and won't want to listen to Coldplay ever again.

I beg to differ. :)