✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

What do you think about Violet Hill?

Lore

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't want to over-kiss-its-ass, but Violet Hill is the better sound of the WHOLE HISTORY OF COLDPLAY! It's PERFECTLY comparable to The Scientist, IMHO it PWNS The Scientist.

It's just me or it looks like Genesis?

Was a long and dark December

From the rooftops I remember

There was snow

White snow

I don't want to over-kiss-its-ass, but Violet Hill is the better sound of the WHOLE HISTORY OF COLDPLAY! It's PERFECTLY comparable to The Scientist, IMHO it PWNS The Scientist.

It's just me or it looks like Genesis?

Was a long and dark December

From the rooftops I remember

There was snow

White snow

It sure does pawns the scientist, and while we're at it, anything written by the Beatles, the Doors, Led Zep etc. etc.

lol, this sounds like oasis,u2,franz ferdinand,the killers,genesis. i dont think there are similarities. the comparasion with oasis and u2 are ridiculous its more like a genesis sound. and gimme a break the most plagirist band in the world is oasis like it or not.

:rolleyes: I have to say that at first I was quite confused.. I wasn't able to reconize them.. but now.. NOW... I can only say "Well done guys!":laugh3:

(can't wait to see the video;))

I cant wait either, I hope it'll be as good as "Talk" and "the hardest part"

You hit the nail on the head for me. While I do like the song quite a bit, I'm hoping for some more radical moves on the other tracks. This just seems like a particularly dark Coldplay song. I do love the guitar, though.

They maybe just picked this song to ease us all into their experimentation :wink3:

I like it but i don't love it yet....i'm have already worked out the chords and guitar riffs (as you can see i'm very obsessed with their music) the thing that sticks out to me is that it reminds me of hip hop. the way the guys do the 8 count on the breaks it reminds me of a hip hop beat beginning.....i absolutely love the ending piano part.....and also to add the guy who posted that he heard it before all of us, we now know he lied....lol there is indeed false settle and it doesnt start with a jagged guitar distortion....it starts with martins martin's strong vocals barreling over the music.....i just wanted to say that so we know his amount of credibility...lol

hmmmmmmm subliminal messaging?

not seen them/heard naything new for a while and the first single they release has lots of repeats of "If you love me, Won't you let me know?"

Erm, in answer, yes we still love you doh!!!

So if you're in agreement, and you haven't already, get your butt into Tracie's thread and let them know :D

oh, and nearly forgot to mention love it, but not as much as Clocks which is still my all time favourite.

i really like it ! i thought i would hate their ' new dark style' but it still has a high coldplay rate which makes it really nice.

but to me you can hear some R&B & rap influences. but perhaps that's just me.

still... very good song and makes me want to hear the album as soon as possible !