✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

What do you think about Violet Hill?

Lore

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A step forward

Well, 'Violet Hill' is quite different, yeah. But, as a matter of fact, I think we are listening to a band that is willing to take risks trying to reach their own sound. That's why the song may sound different, even weird. I mean, we are used to a Coldplay sound. However, I think it's time for us to be patient and give them a chance to evolve. We have to listen to this album as what it is meant to be: a transition. From my point of view, Coldplay are on their way to write music not just to sell albums, but to write music itself. They want to stop being a group of musicians to become a group of artists: 'This is our music. You don't like it? Well, FUCK YOU!' This album may be the begining of a Radiohead-like challenge.

I had to listen to it a couple of times but I definately love it! It was on the radio this morning, when my alarm went of it was playing and I did this weird roll/leap thing to get out of bed and turn on my proper radio coz my clock radio has crackly sound lol. I love that it's a bit more rocky... and I really like the end bit "I took my love to violet hill....."

How do you say it? I don't know it's just brilliant, great, love it, wow. I'm totally obsessed :rolleyes::D:):smug::o

but oyyyy did anyone read that news article that said something like "for years people have said that Coldplay music isn't worth paying for :cry:and now it seems they've given into the pressure .... blah ..blah free violet hill download." How unproffesional news articles are supposed to be unbiased and informative. What an arse hole, I would spend my uni money on anything to do with Coldplay because they effin deserve that. So, if I happen to meet the journalist anyone want to come with?:veryangry2::veryangry2::veryangry2::veryangry2::veryangry2::veryangry2::veryangry2::veryangry2:

This morning, I really like it and play it a lot.. it took me a couple of listening before to dig the tune, but now, it's all over my mind...

Can't wait for the album... if it's as good as X&Y then I'll be delighted

I don't think its the best song, but its absolutly one of the best.

In the first seconds when Chris begin to sing, it sounds like "Bigger Stronger" or "A Rush of Blood to the Head". Chris sings very deep in the versus, and i think it's a bad part of the song.

But the Intro and Outro is genius.

I wasnt overly impressed its a ok song but not one that makes me go wow. Personally I think its lacking melody which is the reason I love Coldplay, it sounds to simple to me I know Coldplay have always gone with simple stuff but to me this a bit to simple and a bit all over the place. The drum beat isnt anything special at all compared to X&Y some of the drums in that were shit hot. Ive listened to it almost 10 times and still hasnt grown on me yet, all there singles they have realeased before ive loved from the very start even the hardest part but this for some reason hasnt dont know why. I did have my reserves about this new album. It isnt a bad song at all just hasnt clicked with me. Who knows maybe it will, I for one hope it does and I do hope the rest of the songs do to.

Scrap that comment of mine. I was majorly tired and werent in a to cheerful mood. Listening to it again i have decided it is a excellent song. Took a day or two of hearing it and to adapt to the change, kept hearing it over in my head. Love it now cant get enough of it. Once again they seem to have done it. Brilliant work.

For some strange reason, I wasn't too thrilled about Violet Hill coming out this Tuesday :/ What's more, I went on holiday several hours before its release, and somewhat gave up on hearing it right away. How wrong I was...

As soon as I got to an Internet café, I made sure it was OK to download files, and got my hands on Violet Hill. When Chris started singing, it just sent chills down my spine. I don't think hearing any song for the first time has got me so excited :) A beautiful track, well worth the three-year wait :D

I have only just heard it, just this last few minutes!!! Had to go on Youtube to do it like seeing as the 'download the track free' rubbish is exactly that, rubbish, I have downloaded it 3 times now after a big palarver, and carn't listen to one of them because they haven't downloaded properly, the zip got damaged or something, whatever..... anyway, I like the song, its definately not their best song, but its darn good. Carn't wait for the album, I've had to pre-order it as I'm on my jolly hollys when its out.

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVEEEE IT:D

...especially jonny's solo and the chorus..it really got stuck in my head!*iiif youu looove meee wooon't you leeet me knooow:P*

:dance:

:shocked2::stunned::o

who said this!?

GET THEM BANNED!

Gym Class Heroes are the worst band ever.

I won't be giving them a new friend request ;)

I'm the one he's referring to, but I think he totally misunderstood me. Of course I didn’t compare Coldplay with Gym Class Heroes, Coldplay is one of the greatest bands of the last years (and my favorite one) and Gym Class Heroes is just another shitty and mediocre band out there, the two bands are in a complete different level.

I was just saying that the only thing I didn’t like so much of Violet Hill was the rhythm of the song in some parts, that it even reminded me of Maroon5 or the chorus of that Gym Class Heroes song... but that was just to make a dumb comparison to emphasize why I didn't like that part. In fact after a few more listens to Violet Hill I’m starting to like that rhythm.

Sorry if someone was bothered with my comments, but when I make a review or give my opinion in something like a song, album, concert, movie, book, videogame, etc. I tend to make comparisons, and I think that's not bad, it's just that when I have something new it always reminds me of other things.