✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

07-Nov-08: Orlando - Tickets, Preview, Meetups, Review/Photos

• Replies 561
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After months of sitting in my sock drawer, I finally took out my Coldplay ticket. What an amazing night, with a crowd just as, if not more, excited as the last time they came here! I was all the way at the top, and sadly the crowd up there was a bit dead- Believe it or not, I saw some people sitting down and texting during the show!!!

But the actual show was beautiful, the orbs were so awesome to see in person, and the side stage was really cool looking too. Chris was also very, very talkative last night, and during the side stage mini-set, he wouldn't stop talking. After he introduced the band, he noticed the group in the front with the sign that said "We're from Devon," and he goes, "Hey! They're from my hometown!"

Before he started "The Hardest Part" he said a bunch of little things, mainly probably talking to himself. I wish I could remember everything he said, but he did say he had never heard a crowd sing as good as the Orlando crowd. He introduced "The Hardest Part," by saying it wasn't the best Coldplay song. Not even first or second best....more like 17th best, he said. He changed the words to "God Put a Smile.." to say something about Florida which this morning after the show I cannot remember, but the crowd went crazy. The techno Talk was so damn good, my friend and I loved it so much. During the show, Chris mentioned how it was great to be in the states during this historic week, and I think during "Talk" he changed the lyrics from "I'm so scared about the future" to "I'm not scared about the future." Chris loves Barack Obama!

I like to think that "Lovers in Japan" became "Lovers in Orlando" last night, because Chris changed the lyrics to say, "dreaming in the Orlando sun." I don't know if the crowd got that, but I went nuts! If I heard right, he dedicated the song to John Lennon. GIANT sing along during "Fix You," which surprised me.

When they went to the back for the acoustic set, the crowd went absolutely insane. It was probably the loudest reaction of the night. Chris introduced "The Scientist" by talking about Joe the Plumber. Apparently he was once a member of Coldplay, and wrote the song, but was let go when he didn't want to spread the wealth! He didn't say what song it actually was until it started, and instead he sang "I'm...Joe the Plumber." The crowd started laughing, and he said something like "ok, ok, just kidding! this is a serious song." Lots didn't know "Death Will Never Conquer," but Chris is right: Will sounds like an angel. I loooooooved it.

Also, I just gotta say, stopping the show after that acoustic set, and then starting it back up with "Politk" is genius. To me "Politik" is an opener, not for the middle of the set, so to start it up again like that? I was shaking it and jumping like a psycho, I loved it. And they closed with my Viva La Vida favorite, so it was perfect

They didn't play "Yes," but the encore kicked ass purely for the diplomatic efforts shown by Jonny, Guy, Chris and Will with the Magic jerseys...again! Yeah!

Great night. FANTASTIC. Can't wait for another round tomorrow in Sunrise! Thank you Coldplay for just coming here and looking like you absolutely loved it.

I hope everyone here loved last night as much as I did. Jenjie, thank you for sharing those videos! And Texasluvsjonny, your signed single looks awesome, congratulations on getting that.

After months of sitting in my sock drawer, I finally took out my Coldplay ticket. What an amazing night, with a crowd just as, if not more, excited as the last time they came here! ........

fab review ty :D not my vids, though I wish they were, I just trawled youtube for them

:snore:

:D

morning madam :) I take it you had an alright evening? :P