✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

WE'VE FOUND THE BAKERY!! *NOW WITH PHOTOGRAPHIC PROOF* UPDATED FIRST POST!*

Bonus_mosher

So as promised for long time already – on 17th October was the day when Kimchi and I did The Coldplay Tour of London. Luckily against all odds and my quickly changing schedule we managed to stick to the plan and meet up around 10.30 at Leicester Square with me almost getting lost int he very beginning already. The plan we originally had was not to go to The Bakery first but since English Silk warned us that Chris told the day before in an interview that they will be leaving to The States on Friday so we decided to go to The Bakery at first – just in case we can catch some activity over there.

So after we finally managed to find each other, we were headed to The Bakery. Took the underground and then got a bit confused with finding the actual building. We thought we were in the wrong direction while we were int he right, just there could have been a shorter way, and that partcular road is not really well signed, but we managed to find the lovely purple bistro and everything soon – though it really was not too easy.

We had a really special duty there to be fulfilled: to deliver a very special letter for English Silk to Chris. Kimchi and I were more than happy and delighted to do that, so we just truly hope, that it got through. All of our thoughts were with English Silk all day long - we still do send all of our love to her.

Then we went for a lovely Italian sandwich, there is a nice little shop for them at their street, and returned to see the garage door OPEN!!!

So after at least seeing the door up, we headed to the Camden Road flat. We managed to find a bus that went to close to that place, but I cannot remember the number , Kimchi might remember better than I do. We easily found the flat there as well – if it was the proper flat. After taking few pictures we went to the pub that is told they used to go to a lot and is just around the corner. We had a drink there too, and then went to check on Laurel Tree and then Dublin Castle – by bus again but got off a bit early, and had to walk a bit. Easy finds to be honest, for the addresses try Google. Laurel Tree is not operating any more and has some pinky paints inside that make it look funny, but Dublin Castle does indeed. (I should have said they are easy finds unless you are too angaged in talking like we were – simply passed the street and when we relaize we had to laugh so hard…)

Last stop for us was Violet Hill which needed the tube’s assistance again. On the way there we passed the Abbey Road Studios – a plus to it all, and then we were straight on Violet Hill, where we took a smallish stroll, and the Coldplay Stroll of London was over by this. We could have gone to the park there if it was not closed due renovations.

The end of the day was for us – eh for me – some Waterstones and then Japanese food which I never ever tried before, but even managed to eat with chopsticks and had plum wine as well. Here I should add that if you ever get the chance to get this tour done accompanied by Kimchi, you MUST take the chance. He was the best company I could ever imagine, we talked all day away, we laughed a lot and I believe it could not have been better on that particular day for me to go with anyone else than him. I think I might have thanked him maybe too many times already for it all, but I need to add it her once again – thank you for all the lovely moments we have had!!! We got along better than expected, and I think one of the best things about Coldplay had just been the fact that i got to know some amazing people here at the board – school example is the above mentioned person. (And now if he does not tell you somehwere here I am such a perfect companion than you will see he is sooo unfair to me - hehe).

All in all I encourage all of you to do the very same tour if you ever can. This was an incredibly fantastic experience for me with heart so much bumping when we were near The Bakery…

Since it is pretty late and I have never ever posred a photo before and dunno how to do that... please PM for me link fo photos of this lovely tour. Sorry it took so long to get it posted and that it is sooo long story up here.

Again,

Thanks you two for that. Fun day....but thank you on my mother`s behalf for completing a dream of hers, for her. Words cannot express our grattitude.

Szonj...I just love you to bits..you are such a lovely dear friend.:)

And Kimchi, well...you know.:kiss:

Bless you both. In her sleep, Mum is clutching her pics close to heart. And the both of you as well.

~Kelsey

Lovely Szonja, thanks so much for posting that :)

Not much I can add to that, really! The sun shone all day for us, but it was very cold out of the sun, or even in it at times. I was very tired, not strong, that day, but if ever there is a gal to help you along when you find out you didn't wear enough layers in chilly autumnal England it is Szonja - so kind and thoughtful!!

And that's not even mentioning that, although I've been past there many times before -right past the building - I couldn't find the way!! :D Oh well, all was good in the end, thanks to her patience with me, and we delivered a letter for a VERY special friend (someone we both carried in our hearts the entire day), had a lovely Italian-deli ciabatta (yum), and took our pics. We left the bakery and strolled up the street and easily found a bus that took us five minutes walk from the Camden flat (that we were very glad to see, just hope - but think - it was the right place!)

After that to the pub round the corner that the boys drank in around the time of the earliest jams together, and after a drink outside in the sunshine, down on the bus 29 (same side of the street) to Camden and those two spots, very close together (and easily missed if deep in chat with someone nice :))

At that point I thought we were finished on our tour, and done with the map book (yes you will need it!) but Szonja reminded me that he had to come out once again for Violet Hill :( lol. Another bus from Camden, really no trouble at all, a change to the tube for one stop, and we were not far from Abbey Road.

Just inside the station were two girls collecting money for the war dead in the annual poppy appeal. Szonja didn't especially remember, but it deeply struck me, that PoppyFields was meant to have been originally on the album, and still perhaps on the new EP, but luckily by then we had one apiece on out clothing and marching on to Violet Hill, past the fabled studios on the way.

Well, Violet Hill looks lovely, and I hope Szonja can post the pic (if not I shall!) of the funny toilet. A shame the gardens are shut right now, will have to go in them one day :)

Our tour done, it was then onto Green Park by tube. A walk up Piccadilly led us to the Circus, and after some looks round shops I convinced Szonja enough to let me take her to a Japanese restaurant, which I'm glad to say I think she enjoyed. I taught her how to use chopsticks, and five minutes later she was better than me at using them!!

It was a lovely day, despite a little worry. We carried our friend in our hearts around all the spots, and the whole thing was magical, like a dream of sorts. This is as much a report about the fine people you may possibly meet here as anything else. I too could not have imagined the day without Szonja, I told her that at the time. I struggled with tiredness and cold, but would not have been anywhere else.

Thank you Szonja (hope you can put up some pics!) and thanks Guy, Jonny, Will and Chris for keeping everything so close together, and making it a day's tour not a week's sightseeing :D

Kels, you know we love you, all of you, and would have done even a lot more than what we did. For me now it seems like the whole point of finding this site by chance was to meet your Mum, you and Kimchi here and to carry this tour and special delivery out. (hope that does not sound too cheesy)

Well done Kimchi, you really said it out loud I am nice person :D I will still be talking (stalking after? haha) to you from now on, pffh :)

So piccies here they come - tried not to put me all around on all of them. Credits are either by Kimchi or me :D

00000005.JPG

Me before the infamous place :)

00000010.JPG

Delivering...

00000013.JPG

The Camden Road flat, if it is it

00000015.JPG

Where they are said to be hanging around in the ancient days

00000016.JPG

Laurel Tree

00000020.JPG

Dublin Castle

00000025.JPG

Where you are supoosed to sit in snow with your love...