✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Ask the Oracle on Coldplay.com (Now in session!)

twistedlogic149

I asked if the city of London uses the power emmitted by Jonny's smile to power the Northern Line on the Underground. :D

Great question and by the looks of it the answer is YES

I asked how we could get the pictures of us from Guy's camera sent to us...:(

^ that sounds interesting, I want to see his Barcelona pics :nice:

I just asked if there will ever be an official fan club..you know maybe in the future fans rather than random mobile companies cutomers will get access to pre-sales :rolleyes:

maybe Chris is bored and can't sleep :P :D

the oracle was up pretty early when the first questions were answered, and we know chris has insomnia, but then again, roadie 42 wrote a blog first, then took it back off and added the oracle section first, so they're probably the same person.

and I think the reason the oracle wouldn't answer the prospekt question is probably also because they are the same person

and I think it's phil because he's the 5th member of the group and would be logical to have shared a tourbus with the others... and also, since he's not the manager anymore I don't think he has a lot to do anymore so they gave him the roadie 42 stuff to do....

so there's my filosofy on that.....:rolleyes:

New questions answered..

July 29, 2008 - submitted by Danny, Australia

Q. I am trying to find the video clip of the coldplay song will touch you or somthing like that.It was made about 3-4 yrs ago and it starts off really slow and intimate and as the clip unfolds and the song reaches it's crecendo the band ends up on stage live audience and completes the song.

The Oracle replies:

The song you're looking for is Fix You - the video can be viewed on You Tube. The live climax was filmed at Bolton's Reebok Stadium on July 4th/5th 2005.

------

July 29, 2008 - submitted by Zaituni, Tanzania

Q. What is the name of the song that goes "for some reasons I can't explain..."

The Oracle replies:

Viva la Vida

-----

July 29, 2008 - submitted by Emanuel, Israel

Q. Where did the name Coldplay come from?

The Oracle replies:

The name originally came from a collected book of poems called Child's Reflections, Cold Play written by Philip Horky. The band came by it via Tim Crompton, a close friend of Chris, who first used the name for his band. When they no longer wanted it, the then Starfish asked if they could use it. Tim is now in The High Wire. The book has become somewhat of a collector's item in recent years due to the band's popularity. Philip Horky is now a fan (not because of increased sales necessarily, he likes the music).

----

July 29, 2008 - submitted by sharon Harper, United Kingdom

Q. My Little person has a song in her head from her leaving assembly at school it's called 24 hours (she thinks) here are some lyrics 'people rushing left there's pretty faces left to right and you just take it all into your stride, faster thatn the speed of light, I'm holding on, I'm holding tight cos stars are gonna crash into this place....'Who is it by and what is it called? It's driving us all nuts! Thank Meester Oracle Sir xx

The Oracle replies:

It is indeed called Twenty Four Hours and is by UK band Athlete, taken from their album Tourist. FYI the man who signed Coldplay to EMI - Dan Keeling, also signed Athlete.

----

July 29, 2008 - submitted by Kati, Poland

Q. Why song 'Amsterdam' is called like the city - Amsterdam?

The Oracle replies:

The answer to this Kati is a simple one. The song Amsterdam was so named as it written in Amsterdam.

New questions answered..

Q. I am trying to find the video clip of the coldplay song will touch you or somthing like that.It was made about 3-4 yrs ago and it starts off really slow and intimate and as the clip unfolds and the song reaches it's crecendo the band ends up on stage live audience and completes the song.

The Oracle replies:

The song you're looking for is Fix You - the video can be viewed on You Tube. The live climax was filmed at Bolton's Reebok Stadium on July 4th/5th 2005.

------

The Oracle replies:

Viva la Vida

-----

July 29, 2008 - submitted by Emanuel, Israel

Q. Where did the name Coldplay come from?

The Oracle replies:

The name originally came from a collected book of poems called Child's Reflections, Cold Play written by Philip Horky. The band came by it via Tim Crompton, a close friend of Chris, who first used the name for his band. When they no longer wanted it, the then Starfish asked if they could use it. Tim is now in The High Wire. The book has become somewhat of a collector's item in recent years due to the band's popularity. Philip Horky is now a fan (not because of increased sales necessarily, he likes the music).

----

July 29, 2008 - submitted by sharon Harper, United Kingdom

Q. My Little person has a song in her head from her leaving assembly at school it's called 24 hours (she thinks) here are some lyrics 'people rushing left there's pretty faces left to right and you just take it all into your stride, faster thatn the speed of light, I'm holding on, I'm holding tight cos stars are gonna crash into this place....'Who is it by and what is it called? It's driving us all nuts! Thank Meester Oracle Sir xx

The Oracle replies:

It is indeed called Twenty Four Hours and is by UK band Athlete, taken from their album Tourist. FYI the man who signed Coldplay to EMI - Dan Keeling, also signed Athlete.

----

July 29, 2008 - submitted by Kati, Poland

Q. Why song 'Amsterdam' is called like the city - Amsterdam?

The Oracle replies:

The answer to this Kati is a simple one. The song Amsterdam was so named as it written in Amsterdam.

Yes it is all becoming clear now...know fuck all about Coldplay, ask lamest question possible get it answered.

Dear Oracle, there is this guy that sits at the back hitting circular things with sticks, I think maybe they are drums or something. What's that guy's name? :dozey:

Haha :nice:

I asked if Chris' white/yellow top was a health hazard :lol: which has kinda been answered now and also if the band were aware that the man bottom left in the Delacroix painting is the spitting image of Jonny :D

i asked this morning if they were aware of the dude that looks like jonny! :lol:

they didn't already answer that, did they?

you writing this made me think that they answered it, so i zoomed to the site :P

haha, that's what i thought too. at first, i wondered if the painting was slightly altered to make it look like jonny (and even like guy and chris, but less so), but after looking it up online and ESPECIALLY after seeing it in person...it's creepy! :P

i wonder if they'll answer it, because really, you cannot deny that it's the spitting image of jonny. funny that we had the same question! :D

haha, that's what i thought too. at first, i wondered if the painting was slightly altered to make it look like jonny (and even like guy and chris, but less so), but after looking it up online and ESPECIALLY after seeing it in person...it's creepy! :P

i wonder if they'll answer it, because really, you cannot deny that it's the spitting image of jonny. funny that we had the same question! :D

Great minds think alike :D

I hope it gets answered :D

New questions answered..

The Oracle replies:

------

The Oracle replies:

Viva la Vida

GEEZ! I spend twenty minutes trying to come up with hard-hitting, interesting questions...and these are the types of questions that end up getting answered...

July 28, 2008 - submitted by Tate, Australia

Q. So after months of following entries from 'Prospekt".....who exactly was Prospekt?

The Oracle replies:

Prospekt still is and therefore Prospekt is Prospekt.

That one made me laugh:). I think I'm going to send The Oracle a message, rather than a question. "Send all stupid inquiries directly to coldplaying.com. We'll take care of questions regarding song titles, lyrics, videos, and Phil. You take care of things we can't figure out by looking up on google, like important info, for ex--for each band member--boxers or briefs???:wink3:

I see that lots of people keep asking about lyrics, videos, and other stuff that could easily be found by looking on google. Why not direct those people to coldplaying.com? We'll help them out! i'm sure you're very busy, you should devote yourself to answering the hard-to-find info, like--for each guy--BOXERS OR BRIEFS???

That's exactly what I wrote to the Oracle. :laugh3: Let's see if he pays attention!

hehehe good one too.

i only can think of silly questions :S :idea2: im gonna ask if they know we get all the info about the band on unofficial sites, eg. coldplaying.com, coldplayzone.it (meaning they r not doing a good work for new fans - my opinion)

I asked if the "F------- B-------- "of Brazil could get them to play Shiver, what would it take the G--- D------ New Yorkers to get them to play it at Jersey?:rolleyes: That is a much better question that what are the lyrics to VLV if i do say so myself