✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

16-Jul-09: Wireless Amphitheatre, San Diego, CA - Tickets, Previews, Meetups, Reviews, Setlists, Pho

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The show was AWESOME, as usual. But this time I got to spend it being in the front row...6and a half hours was so so worth it;) Being in the front and having Coldplay right in front of you was the best! Words cant even describe how happy and amazing it was to see my favorite band up close like that. Definitely the best day of my life:nice: The band was so full of energy and it spread through the entire audience, it was great! I met some coldplayers there and they had pit tix so we stood next to each other. At the end I got a set list from this camera guy:dance: My voice is pretty much non exsistant and my face and neck are pretty sun burned...but hey, anything for Coldplay!

YAY JOOOOOOOOOOOOOEE! :dance: :hug: :kiss: :dance: So happy for you!!! :D

what a night to remember. got to the venue like 5 hours early. joe saved me a spot. my first coldplay luck of the day, well sort of . the oxfam lady i forgot her name saw me wearing a make trade fair shirt. and was like that is an old shirt. come by later and i'll give you a new one. so i was set on meeting her later. anyways so we get in the venue and run for it. and we were front row right on jonny's side in the pit. along with lina and joe. who are awesome! then as i'm waiting to my surprise the oxfam lady comes and finds me and is "i knew you would be in the pit. i didn't bother looking in the seats. can i take a pic of you for the oxfam twitter." lol so i guess i'm on the twitter for oxfam. the opening acts were great! coldplay came on and it was amazing! i can't even describe how great it was. anyways so i was waving my shirt that the lady gave me and says MTF and a big green = sign and chris saw me and waved at me! i couldn't believe it. i was also right next to camera guy and after i heard that girl got the mallet i was like you have to give me something! and he was like ok ok relax. i think i annoyed him but oh well. so he hands me a setlist but the guy next to me tried to take it so a bit of it is ripped but you can still see all the songs on it! and he gave me friend one. my friend got a jonny's setlist! overall great show. best night of my life.

edit: and i saw phil at the beginning. i'm kicking myself for not calling out his name!

oh and i found the twitter

http://twitter.com/sohfresh

Yay Erick! :D

I know, it made me worried they were onsale forever - either the PIT is going to be huge or maybe people just don't know they were available since if you search for best available, it's sold out :inquisitive:

My ticket says '348' so who knows...

Anyway, they are all gone now other than 3rd party sites.

Yes, I just checked again and it appears to be completely sold out. Good for Coldplay!

Carson still has seats in sec. 134, which is to the right side of the stage in the lower bleachers, but the floor sections are all sold out.

Starfish42

Thanks for the reviews everyone!

I just got back from SD a few hours ago and my right ear hasn't popped yet from the plane ride, so i'm deaf in one ear as I write this and somewhat miserable, but here goes...

First, i spotted Jackie, Kelly and Geoff and said hello and they said hello back, i even got a smile from Kelly. I totally impressed my friend who was with me by the fact that I knew who they were and she didn't:smug:

Some guy brought a 6-9 month old baby to the show:stunned: I'm all for young people being introduced to Coldplay, but whatevah!

The crowd turned hot and cold. During the uptempo familiar songs, they all came alive and were standing, especially during VLV, but for the slower or unfamiliar songs, like GOW or THP, PFFA they all sat back down, i was livid and mortified:shocked2: I swear I wanted to strangle them:veryangry:

As for the guy to the right of me, we were feeding off each other's energy. When I clapped, sang, screamed, jumped, danced and ohhh ohhh'd, he would mirror me and vice versa. We even tried, but failed to get a Viva chant going during the remix, his girlfriend high-fived me for the effort!

The Mexican cell phone wave looked stellar, Clocks and Glass of Water with the mesmerizing lazers outstanding as ever! Chris was impressed with us during VLV (we did sound stunning) and Lost! When we sang "doesn't mean I'm lost", he threw his head back and went "ohhh!"

Others have already posted the story of Chris asking the audience to sing to Will to ask for forgiveness for his screw-up during Yellow:lol:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PFFs1cE2sE]YouTube - Coldplay live I'm Sorry Wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiill! San Diego 07/16/09[/ame]

There were a few technical glitches: during Fix You, Jonny's guitar went bad somehow, sorry I'm not a music technician so i have no idea what the lingo is, but Matt stepped in immediately after the song and brought him a different one,the confetti cannons shot the butterflies more straight up than out, and they didn't travel too far so more wound up on the stage than out in the audience:\, the jumbotrons weren't functioning either properly and sometimes not at all. And i guess at the end of the show, right after LiTii, some lunatic jumped the fence to the pit area and hopped up on stage, but security apprehended him in record time. WTF?

The adrenaline rush, excitement, thrill and anticipation when Blue Danube kicks in is still there, and I still get emotional during LIJ as the flourescent butterflies shower the night sky, and I still cry at DAAHF when the powerful, symbolic VIVA backdrop is released, even after attending numerous concerts.

To any and all out there reading this who haven't seen them live yet, you MUST MUST MUST! These four talented young men put their heart and soul into these concerts, that are a feast for the eyes, ears and emotions, as I'm tearing up right now. And it's evident they are always thinking of their fans, a class act.

More meh vids will be on my youtube channel later today:)

EDIT: I got an extra copy of LRLRL, if anyone wants it, PM me.

i don't get what part he screwed up on. i sang the lyrics with him and i was front row! i'm guessing he started too early or played a wrong chord.

I watched the clip and didn't hear him screw up either. Nor did I see where Chris even looked back at Will to get a "dirty look" from him. I think it was just Chris' attempt to share the spotlight because he tends to grab all the attention. This is similar to the bit he did at the other two shows I saw, where he asked the audience to sing, "Oh" to Will, for some unexplained reason, except to share the stage with him. He just changed it to "I'm sorry, Will," this time.

He seems to constantly call his attention to Jonny and Will and to express his love and appreciation for the other band members who otherwise tend to be neglected with everyone's attention on Chris. Notice that he hardly focuses at all on Guy because he is already recognized as a sex symbol and doesn't need the encouragement as much. The only thing he usually says about Guy is that the women come to the shows to see him. I thought the whole "Sorry Will" bit was a little exaggerated but it probably gave Will's morale a boost for Chris to give him the attention, and Chris can afford to do so. He has more than enough love from his fans to share it with the others.

Starfish42

I watched the clip and didn't hear him screw up either. Nor did I see where Chris even looked back at Will to get a "dirty look" from him. I think it was just Chris' attempt to share the spotlight because he tends to grab all the attention. He seems to constantly call his attention to Jonny and Will and to express his love and appreciation for the other band members who are otherwise tend to be neglected with everyone's attention on Chris. Notice that he doesn't focus much on Guy because he is already recognized as a sex symbol and doesn't need the encouragement as much. I thought the whole bit was a little exaggerated but it probably gave Will's morale a boost for Chris to give him the attention.

Starfish42

this. could be true.

Was the hiccup before the video began... I noticed Chris was laughing right when it starts which made me think he had just messed up? But I'm sure some of that is true, and good on him for making the other band members more visible ;)

great review clisaj. i think you met joe. if so i was the guy standing right next to him. the one in the MTF shirt.

thanks, yah i met joe and i think i remember you, nice to meet you too!:nice:

@Cindy You've got a smile from Kelly..that's GOLD.....lol.

thanks zeya, wasn't a big smile, more like a "i'm the boss" smirk, but that's a start:D

Thanks for the reviews everyone!

I just got back from SD a few hours ago and my right ear hasn't popped yet from the plane ride, so i'm deaf in one ear as I write this and somewhat miserable, but here goes...

First, i spotted Jackie, Kelly and Geoff and said hello and they said hello back, i even got a smile from Kelly. I totally impressed my friend who was with me by the fact that I knew who they were and she didn't:smug:

Some guy brought a 6-9 month old baby to the show:stunned: I'm all for young people being introduced to Coldplay, but whatevah!

The crowd turned hot and cold. During the uptempo familiar songs, they all came alive and were standing, especially during VLV, but for the slower or unfamiliar songs, like GOW or THP, PFFA they all sat back down, i was livid and mortified:shocked2: I swear I wanted to strangle them:veryangry:

As for the guy to the right of me, we were feeding off each other's energy. When I clapped, sang, screamed, jumped, danced and ohhh ohhh'd, he would mirror me and vice versa. We even tried, but failed to get a Viva chant going during the remix, his girlfriend high-fived me for the effort!

The Mexican cell phone wave looked stellar, Clocks and Glass of Water with the mesmerizing lazers outstanding as ever! Chris was impressed with us during VLV (we did sound stunning) and Lost! When we sang "doesn't mean I'm lost", he threw his head back and went "ohhh!"

Others have already posted the story of Chris asking the audience to sing to Will to ask for forgiveness for his screw-up during Yellow:lol:

YouTube - Coldplay live I'm Sorry Wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiill! San Diego 07/16/09

There were a few technical glitches: during Fix You, Jonny's guitar went bad somehow, sorry I'm not a music technician so i have no idea what the lingo is, but Matt stepped in immediately after the song and brought him a different one,the confetti cannons shot the butterflies more straight up than out, and they didn't travel too far so more wound up on the stage than out in the audience:\, the jumbotrons weren't functioning either properly and sometimes not at all. And i guess at the end of the show, right after LiTii, some lunatic jumped the fence to the pit area and hopped up on stage, but security apprehended him in record time. WTF?

The adrenaline rush, excitement, thrill and anticipation when Blue Danube kicks in is still there, and I still get emotional during LIJ as the flourescent butterflies shower the night sky, and I still cry at DAAHF when the powerful, symbolic VIVA backdrop is released, even after attending numerous concerts.

To any and all out there reading this who haven't seen them live yet, you MUST MUST MUST! These four talented young men put their heart and soul into these concerts, that are a feast for the eyes, ears and emotions, as I'm tearing up right now. And it's evident they are always thinking of their fans, a class act.

More meh vids will be on my youtube channel later today:)

EDIT: I got an extra copy of LRLRL, if anyone wants it, PM me.

Yes all so true Cindy :nice:

glad to hear you had another wonderful night with them! :dance:

and Joe and Erick and Lina im happy you guys had an amazing time too :D:D

thanks, yah i met joe and i think i remember you, nice to meet you too!:nice:

thanks zeya, wasn't a big smile, more like a "i'm the boss" smirk, but that's a start:D

Well I said "Hi" to him once, and he said back, but I didn't got a smile...

Kelly has crushed my heart...:embarassed: