✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

23-Mar-09: Singapore Indoor Stadium, Singapore - Tickets, Previews, Meetups, Reviews, Setlists, Phot

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

gosh! how do you guys even know the sound check's on already??? *in awe*

30mins more before i knock of from work!!! i hope i don't get any last minute nonsense to clear!!!!!!!!!!! *fingers & toes crossed*

hello there :)

are you going as well?

Min's an angel. She feeds us those information :dance:

The setlist was the same as before, i think. Just came back from the show as well!

Wicked show, haha, I loved it when they came out from behind with the sparklers during LIT.

Crowd response was MUCH better than I had expected, so I really really had fun! Chris was quite enthusiastic today, as were Jonny, Guy and Will. We were even asked to do the Coldwave during the short interval.

Today was finally the day Coldplay came back to my home country of Singapore. I was so nervous about the gig I could hardly sleep last night. Despite the boys hardly stopping for fans before the show in Sydney, I decided to try my luck in Singapore. I went there about 2pm, waited around, said hi to Jonathan (frontman of Mercury Rev) and Bash. Bash was so surprised, and demanded to know 'How did you know my name???? :stunned:' So I told him I'm from the Coldplaying forum :laugh3: and he went 'Oh my picture is on there as well???' :lol:

After a while I got shooed by this man supposedly in charge (he doesn't leave a very good impression on me, I think he's too big for his boots) and I was relegated to behind a security barrier. So fiiiine, I'll stay there, whatever. I knew, however, that since they stepped up security, the band would be arriving soon.

And indeed they did come in a van. Saw Chris, Jonny, Guy and Will. I was holding on to my insane Jonny banner so Jonny smiled at me before he ducked under the door. Chris, however, recognised me from the Sydney shows and approached me :stunned: He said 'Nice to see you again! and gave me a tiny hug :bomb: He asked whether I had flown from Australia to Singapore, but I told him that I'm actually from here, and I had flown TO Australia instead. He then asked if I'm watching the show tonight. I said I had a ticket for myself, but my friends didn't have because they couldn't afford the money. He then said, 'OK I'll see what I can do, stay right here.' as he turned to leave.

Then the female security guard (I'm sorry I don't know her name :embarassed:) came out with Kelly and started looking around. Both of them pointed to me and she asked Kelly 'The one with the sign right?' and he nodded. So she came up to me to get my name and asked me to collect my tickets from the box office!

When I went to the box office, I said I was on the guest list and needed to collect tickets. The lady serving me asked, 'Are you with the promoters?' I looked around :uhoh: and said 'Umm... no...' Then she looked at me incredulously and asked 'You're with the band??? :stunned:' I sheepishly said yes :P She seemed so shocked. When she eventually found my tickets, I had to sign a list which had all the names of the ticketholders and the member of the crew who gave the tickets out. So my name was listed as under 'Chris' :dead:

I was so touched by Chris' gesture. I wanted to thank him but I couldn't since he never did come out after that.

... more to come... just hold up a little :nice:

And indeed they did come in a van. Saw Chris, Jonny, Guy and Will. I was holding on to my insane Jonny banner so Jonny smiled at me before he ducked under the door. Chris, however, recognised me from the Sydney shows and approached me :stunned: He said 'Nice to see you again! and gave me a tiny hug :bomb: He asked whether I had flown from Australia to Singapore, but I told him that I'm actually from here, and I had flown TO Australia instead. He then asked if I'm watching the show tonight. I said I had a ticket for myself, but my friends didn't have because they couldn't afford the money. He then said, 'OK I'll see what I can do, stay right here.' as he turned to leave.

THAT is just SO BLOODY NICE OF HIM.