✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Your favourite 5 bands at the moment... in no order are...

Hicksy

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oh shit #exposed

Coldplay were the first band I loved and they have a very special place in my heart but right now they're no longer in my top 5 on most days

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

• Like 3

Old thread, but hear are my five favourite artists (besides Coldplay of course):):

Tom Waits. I've been listening to Waits for a looooong time. Lyrics like short movies, many times funny and sad at the same time.

The Rolling Stones. Needs no introduction...

Peter Gabriel. Another long time favourite, waiting for a new record...

Lake Street Dive. New acquaintance, great groove! Just released a new record Free Yourself Up.

David Bowie. Long time favourite, the first LP I ever bought was Let's Dance.

There seems to be some question whether the five artists listed should include Coldplay. I interpreted the question to be about five favourite bands BESIDES Coldplay, it is the Coldplay forums after all!

Coldplay - obviously :yum

Snow Patrol - new album Wildness is finally almost out and I'm honestly ecstatic... been waiting since Gary first mentioned a new LP back in 2012

U2 - Songs of Experience is their best effort in my lifetime. Powerful. Relevant. And badass. Incredible effort from a 42 year old band!

Muse - among the best concerts I've ever been to. Incredible!

Radiohead - fell in love with this band a few years ago and my interest hasn't waned by any stretch. OK Computer, Kid A, and In Rainbows are my musical holy trinity.

Right now I am listening to (besides Coldplay):

Beach House 7 newest release which is beautiful

Novo Amor (I have a playlist with this, Bon Iver, Damien Rice and similar, but Novo Amor is my newest addition)

U2

Beck

And a collection of stuff like Death Cab for Cutie, Temper Trap, Florence & the Machine, Alabama Shakes, Childish Gambino, The Weeknd, The Civil Wars, XX, etc....I mostly keep it pretty eclectic with exception of my pure Coldplay list

• Like 2

Right now I am listening to (besides Coldplay):

Beach House 7 newest release which is beautiful

Novo Amor (I have a playlist with this, Bon Iver, Damien Rice and similar, but Novo Amor is my newest addition)

U2

Beck

And a collection of stuff like Death Cab for Cutie, Temper Trap, Florence & the Machine, Alabama Shakes, Childish Gambino, The Weeknd, The Civil Wars, XX, Metallica, etc....I mostly keep it pretty eclectic with exception of my pure Coldplay list

I haven't gotten around to listening to much of the new Snow Patrol but it is next!

And I heard Lenny Kravitz is coming out with a new album. I listened his newest release and thought it was cool.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...