✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

BBC6 Music: EMI says Coldplay 2010 album release is UNTRUE

busybeeburns

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unfortunately, the label markets the album, not to mention pays for its production. They probably have more say in when it gets released than the band itself does, especially considering how much of a dump they're in economically. They'll want to release this album at the most profitable time

Interesting theories as to why EMI would immediately respond to this. Let's face it, other than to us uberfans, this was a insignificant mention which could have easily slipped under the radar. EMI's quick & emphatic denial gives the story wings. I don't know enough about business to understand why a struggling business would hold back one of their biggest assets. However, I do know that there is a difference between recording an album and releasing an album so that means that both EMI & Chris could be correct. The band could have the album in the can, sealed & finished by Christmas but that doesn't mean EMI has to release it then.

Who knows what's going on behind closed doors at EMI. Are they negotiating with outside investors, dangling a new Coldplay album at a specific time? Who knows?

Also, does anyone know -- when a band contracts for a certain number of albums, is it spelled out how many of those releases must be new material? Can then fulfill their obligation by throwing in a live and/or greatest hits CD?

And one last thought (sorry, I'm running my mouth...), I do think the boys were a little too visible for a little too long. I've friends who are casual fans and they were getting tired of seeing/hearing them everywhere. I think it will do them good to "disappear" for a bit -- and, trust me, it pains me to admit this!

Interesting theories as to why EMI would immediately respond to this. Let's face it, other than to us uberfans, this was a insignificant mention which could have easily slipped under the radar. EMI's quick & emphatic denial gives the story wings. I don't know enough about business to understand why a struggling business would hold back one of their biggest assets. However, I do know that there is a difference between recording an album and releasing an album so that means that both EMI & Chris could be correct. The band could have the album in the can, sealed & finished by Christmas but that doesn't mean EMI has to release it then.

Who knows what's going on behind closed doors at EMI. Are they negotiating with outside investors, dangling a new Coldplay album at a specific time? Who knows?

Also, does anyone know -- when a band contracts for a certain number of albums, is it spelled out how many of those releases must be new material? Can then fulfill their obligation by throwing in a live and/or greatest hits CD?

And one last thought (sorry, I'm running my mouth...), I do think the boys were a little too visible for a little too long. I've friends who are casual fans and they were getting tired of seeing/hearing them everywhere. I think it will do them good to "disappear" for a bit -- and, trust me, it pains me to admit this!

^THIS!