✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Did they miss an opportunity with the Viva videos?

IneedYou23

I persnoally think that the boys missed a golden opportunity to do something epic with their videos for the Viva La Vida album.I love the videos that they put out and obviously they put some thought into them or else they wouldnt have put them out.

But I just think with the amazing lyrics and sounds of the tracks they maybe could have done something even better.I thought we might have seen some images of war in the Viva La Vida video instead of them just performing.Or something done in Japan with Lovers In Japan for examples.I think Strawberry Swing is the best video out of all of them.But even I was expecting something different for that video.

Im not complaing,I guess I hold my expectations high when it comes to them.So what do you guys think?Were you expecting something different from what they put out for the vidoes?

I personally love their videos, I think they have the best videos out there

look at Strawberry Swing, Life in Technicolor, and the alternative vid for Violet Hill

the boys have always said that they don't want to be to explicit in their lyrics or videos, so seeing images of war and stuff is not going to happen

I definitely was not expecting what resulted in the "Viva la Vida" video (the one with Chris' dancing/flailing around).

As for the other videos, I think they're fine. Then again, I didn't really have expectations for them. :shrug:

EDIT: But yeah, I can see how you'd think the boys missed a chance to do something "epic" with one of their videos. I still adore the Viva videos, though.

^ I dunno, VLV pt. 2 is quite bleh, but it is kinda cuter.

The worst video I saw of the Viva era was Viva La Vida SMAPplay. Oh god! :wreck:

EDIT - So people know what I'm talking about

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9OP-DPeaPg]YouTube- SMAPLAY VIVA LA VIDA[/ame]

The camera stuff is pretty, but bleh SMAP. Chris fangirls get treated to intense curls however.

^ I dunno, VLV pt. 2 is quite bleh, but it is kinda cuter.

The worst video I saw of the Viva era was Viva La Vida SMAPplay. Oh god! :wreck:

EDIT - So people know what I'm talking about

YouTube- SMAPLAY VIVA LA VIDA

The camera stuff is pretty, but bleh SMAP. Chris fangirls get treated to intense curls however.

OMFG WHAT IS THAT???? :shocked2: :shocked2: :stunned: :inquisitive: :facepalm:

I almost laughed my ass of when the asians were singing along with Chris and he was like...dancing and fooling around like usual and they were just standing besides him :D :laugh3:

aaaaand they dont even know the lyrics correctly... only sort of phonetically - just what they've heard - this leads to situations like from 2:25 when they're singin something completely different then Chris

FAIL :D

Haha, I'd forgotten about that video, it's so random. I wish we'd had a proper video for Cemeteries of London, it's my favourite.

That would have been awesome, but they're not really known for mindblowing videos really...

I love the videos from the viva era, violet hill is by far my favorite, it's actually what got me into coldplay, i was watching it and was blown away by how good they were and i've loved them ever since; the viva la vida video is great, although i was expecting more...the song is so epic and amazing and i thought it deserved better but i didn't mind the actual video, lost and lovers in japan are great but strawberry swing is my favorite:D and i might be the only one saying this but i don't really like Litii, i loved it the first few times i watched it, i laughed for a good 5 minutes the first time i saw it but i got tired of it(they played i almost ever 15 min on tv here)...i can't wait for LP5 stuff :dance::dance:

Well, I've got to say that I love LITii 's video. Can you see those adorkable puppets playing? No one else came up with that, obviously Coldplay had to do it ;) And VLV video, ahh, so perfect <3 Chrissy looks so cute with his little crown and wandering around awwwww.

Violet Hill, so wonderful to see Chrissy's teeth <3

VLV got me into Coldplay. THANK YOU VIVA LA VIDA.

/sarcasm.

The videos are well.. tbh, I don't think I like any Coldplay videos, at all :/ maybe just Fix you, but that's X&Y.

I don't think CP videos are good :stunned: No offense really... but if I really think about it.. it's just them playing.. mostly.

Well, I've got to say that I love LITii 's video. Can you see those adorkable puppets playing? No one else came up with that, obviously Coldplay had to do it ;) And VLV video, ahh, so perfect <3 Chrissy looks so cute with his little crown and wandering around awwwww.

Violet Hill, so wonderful to see Chrissy's teeth <3

VLV got me into Coldplay. THANK YOU VIVA LA VIDA.

:stunned: You almost had me there!

As for the videos, Coldplay should have done what Elbow used to do: Make one video for each song. Not anything big, just one video.

I'll have to say the Viva, Lovers and Lost videos did not match the songs :inquisitive:

OMG what the hell is that?!? I don't think I needed to see that or to see it again :facepalm: :stunned::thinking::laugh3:

This is part of a famous japanese show called SMAPxSMAP that is hosted by SMAP (aka the japanese 'Take that' minus the singing talent). This show is HUGE in Japan and SMAP are regarded as god like to japanese (and of every age). So yes, they boutcher VLV but if an artist wants to get publicity in Japan, this is the show to go to. (and SMAP are pretty fun guys who don't take themselves seriously...Hence all the parodies they do every week which some are just hilarious :laugh3: )

This is part of a famous japanese show called SMAPxSMAP that is hosted by SMAP (aka the japanese 'Take that' minus the singing talent). This show is HUGE in Japan and SMAP are regarded as god like to japanese (and of every age). So yes, they boutcher VLV but if an artist wants to get publicity in Japan, this is the show to go to. (and SMAP are pretty fun guys who don't take themselves seriously...Hence all the parodies they do every week which some are just hilarious :laugh3: )

Ah ok. Thanks for explaining that...I was sat there watching it a bit :stunned::stunned::laugh3:

I wish we'd had a proper video for Cemeteries of London, it's my favourite.

I'm still very, very bummed out that the video was scrapped. Or maybe they did film some footage and it's now stored away? :wideeyed:

am I the only one that likes the lovers video, I thought it was pretty neat :embarrassed:

I also liked Lovers in Japan video! It's a pretty great picker-upper. I don't really know how to describe it, but the video was colorful and joyful. :nice: I love some of the little moments in the video (e.g., the boys bobbing their heads while watching the TV).