✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Did they miss an opportunity with the Viva videos?

IneedYou23

Oh, I love Violet Hill video!!! Its so wierd that I love it ---> my absolute favorite

And LiTii videao's got such a cool idea!!! Love it as well

You all are right about VLV, though... It's a OK video, but the song's amazingness indeed deserved a better video - at least in style of VLV iTunes ad:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O3mYc1m3lsM]YouTube- Coldplay - Apple iTunes Viva La Vida[/ame]

The worst video I saw of the Viva era was Viva La Vida SMAPplay. Oh god! :wreck:
That was so cringey, I couldn't even watch it the whole way through.

My favourite video is strawberry swing, because it's just so full of creativity and imagination -the people who made it are really talented. And it's also really enjoyable to watch, some music videos are so dull.

That was so cringey, I couldn't even watch it the whole way through.

Agreed! :stunned: I had never seen that before and didn't realise Coldplay were actually IN it until after a few seconds... I can't believe they even DID that to be honest!!

I love all the VLV videos. I think they are all good in their own way. LOST! is great since it's like as close as we have to a VLV tour DVD right now :lol:

My favourites are LiTii, Strawberry Swing, Lovers In Japan and Violet Hill though.

I agree wholeheartedly that the band missed an opportunity with the Viva la Vida era videos.

I rate LIT2 as one of the best music videos I've ever seen and I appreciated their efforts with Strawberry Swing, although I too had expected something different and hoped for something different.

I'm not sure about doing too much with war, because I think the whole revolution that VLV was about was a personal one. The song Viva la Vida always seemed to be about dealing with fame. If there was a video, I would have hoped it could have been seen in a storyteller way like how the lyrics go. If not that, I would have liked something along the lines of what they did with the alternative video. The King in a modern world.

As for the other songs and singles, I generally felt the band could have done more. The reason I first connected with Coldplay was The Scientist video, but since then I haven't seen the same imagination (God Put a Smile on Your Face was also an excellent video).

I like that LIT2 and Strawberry Swing may have signaled a new phase in their videos and I hope it continues.

I think my fav one is VH.

^ I dunno, VLV pt. 2 is quite bleh, but it is kinda cuter.

The worst video I saw of the Viva era was Viva La Vida SMAPplay. Oh god! :wreck:

EDIT - So people know what I'm talking about

YouTube- SMAPLAY VIVA LA VIDA

The camera stuff is pretty, but bleh SMAP. Chris fangirls get treated to intense curls however.

:wtf:

Well, I've got to say that I love LITii 's video. Can you see those adorkable puppets playing? No one else came up with that, obviously Coldplay had to do it ;) And VLV video, ahh, so perfect <3 Chrissy looks so cute with his little crown and wandering around awwwww.

Violet Hill, so wonderful to see Chrissy's teeth <3

VLV got me into Coldplay. THANK YOU VIVA LA VIDA.

/sarcasm.

The videos are well.. tbh, I don't think I like any Coldplay videos, at all :/ maybe just Fix you, but that's X&Y.

I don't think CP videos are good :stunned: No offense really... but if I really think about it.. it's just them playing.. mostly.

I freaked out when I read the first part seriously... but then I read "sarcasm" and everything made sense :)

Oh, I love Violet Hill video!!! Its so wierd that I love it ---> my absolute favorite

You all are right about VLV, though... It's a OK video, but the song's amazingness indeed deserved a better video - at least in style of VLV iTunes ad:

The iTunes ad was kinda cool.

I don't care if you call me a stupid fangirl, you can just go suck a fuck.

Chris looked pretty damn hot in VLV, his eyes were just.. ohh! :wacky:

:P U fangirl!

Agreed! :stunned: I had never seen that before and didn't realise Coldplay were actually IN it until after a few seconds... I can't believe they even DID that to be honest!!

I don't see why :thinking: It's part of a TV show, not a proper music video. It's just like the time they do 'Talk' with puppets...

I don't see why :thinking: It's part of a TV show, not a proper music video. It's just like the time they do 'Talk' with puppets...

But 'Talk' with the puppets was funny AND it's like something Chris would do :lol:

This was just weird since they had other singing along with them... it was just A W F U L !

This video is STILL freaking awesome. iTunes produced its best commercial with this one.

On topic, I think my favorite video from the VLV-era was either Violet Hill, Lovers in Japan or Strawberry Swing. I do still love LiTii's video, too. ;)

This was just weird since they had other singing along with them... it was just A W F U L !

:lol: but to japanese people, it's an honor for someone to sing with SMAP! There are god like out there. That's why Chris cover their song 'Sekai Ni Hitotsu Dake No Hana' on one of the japanese gig.

And duet with SMAP are most of the time part of the show so... It's just like when they sing with other artists except that this time, the other one can't sing :lol: