✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

New Coldplay Christmas Song 2010! Christmas Lights // behind-the-scenes footage in first post (parts

antshar

Guest howyousawtheworld
My rumors have been confirmed....I doubt that Wedding Bells will ever be released. Notice how Christmas Lights uses much of WB's lyrics and even the melody to an extent? Wedding Bells must have been scrapped and the left over parts given to this new song. I love CL but I still hoped for a studio version of WB......:cry:

Didn't like Wedding Bells personally. This is brilliant though.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest howyousawtheworld
I really like the new song a lot. I find the tempo/rhythm change in the middle to be great and I find that bit to be nostalgic sounding.

I'm hoping that their next album will head in this direction by taking things down a notch. I feel that X&Y and VLV were so over the top in terms off arrangement, that I was very disappointed. To me they are the kind of band that sound best with less instruments (like their first two albums). I feel that this song is similar to that.

Totally agree!

Plus the strings are put to great use in this song unlike the synth strings of VLV.

An original Christmas song from CP is WAY better than listening to driven-to-the-ground Christmas carols.:cool:

I compleely agree! I work in retail so im forced to hear christmas songs for hours so im really hoping to hear christmas lights at work now. I think ill freak out if it does though.lol n ill be singing along :D

Didn't like Wedding Bells personally. This is brilliant though.

Totally agree!

Plus the strings are put to great use in this song unlike the synth strings of VLV.

I agree with you on both of these. I heard Wedding Bells but wasn't a big fan.

I think that's what I love about this song is that the strings sound very natural, and it compliments the music. I do like some of the strings in certain bits of VLV, but I feel that album as i said before was just too much and sort of over the top.

But I'm really enjoying this song a lot! I'm quite excited for a new album if the songs will be similar to this in terms of sound.

I really like the new song a lot. I find the tempo/rhythm change in the middle to be great and I find that bit to be nostalgic sounding.

I'm hoping that their next album will head in this direction by taking things down a notch. I feel that X&Y and VLV were so over the top in terms off arrangement, that I was very disappointed. To me they are the kind of band that sound best with less instruments (like their first two albums). I feel that this song is similar to that.

I told the same thing to my friend yesterday. I would really love the next album to have the simplicity that's in this song.

I don't think it sounded anything like their first two albums, but this song brings different sound that actually worked (at least for me). It's a bit too poppy, but poppy's good for a christmas song.