✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Letter from Phil Harvey: Dear Coldplaying...

busybeeburns

Dear Coldplaying

First of all, the band and I would like to say a HUGE thanks to all of you who came along to the boat trip / video shoot last night. You did an amazing job in extremely cold conditions. It looked absolutely beautiful from the bank - we can't wait to see how it looks in the finished video (which you should be able to see on Wednesday night). And your singing was my personal highlight from the whole night.

Apologies that we weren't able to do the Q&As with myself, Miller and Matt. All three of us were genuinely due to come along - we'd been preparing and we booked the PA which I hear you ended up using for karaoke! - but it then transpired that the boat wasn't going to be moored (as was the original plan) meaning whoever got on the boat at 5pm wouldn't be able to get off until it docked again several hours later. Sadly, that ruled myself and Miller out, as we were needed on the shoot (me dressed in skintight Elvis costume). Matt, meanwhile, couldn't come because he was unwell.

To make up for the lack of Q&As, we'd like to offer you some virtual ones - myself, Miller and Matt will answer 20 questions each in writing, so that you can all see the answers here on Coldplaying. Please email your questions to [email protected] by Wednesday December 1st.

I really, really hope that you all enjoyed yourselves. The 100 of you who came on the trip were literally the first people in the world to hear Christmas Lights (there are a lot of people at EMI who still haven't). Not to mention, of course, that you will feature in the video - which you can show your grandchildren in seventy years' time. Miller, Matt and I look forward to getting your questions and seeing you soon, wherever you are in the world.

Thank you again. Yours truly.

Phil

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kudos to Phil for both being so courteous to the Coldplaying community and for providing some explanations for people's misunderstandings.

Is the Q&A open to the entire Coldplaying forum or just those who were on the boat? I mean, there's no way they can control who submits questions, but the boat people were promised a Q&A session, so I'd personally feel a bit bad if one of my questions made it through. Though maybe I'm just too conscious about what other people think of me. :thinking:

But thanks a ton, Phil! It sounds like most of the people who went had a phenomenal time!

That's so awesome! But...is that email address correct? "Please email your questions [email protected] by Wednesday December 1st." Are you sure it isn't supposed to be "Please email your questions to [email protected] by Wednesday December 1st."? Because that way it makes way more sense.

Good catch. Makes more sense that way I think. :)

That's so awesome! But...is that email address correct? "Please email your questions [email protected] by Wednesday December 1st." Are you sure it isn't supposed to be "Please email your questions to [email protected] by Wednesday December 1st."? Because that way it makes way more sense.

Coldplay people can't seem to get email addresses right, can they? first the Oracle, now this :P

thanks for the spot it was a typo, the link version is correct :)