✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Letter from Phil Harvey: Dear Coldplaying...

busybeeburns

I think right now they probably want to be left alone to get on with the album. Sending presents after some of the comments and stuff that's gone on might seem a bit disingenuous.

The postcards thing worked because it was our creative response to their own creation - not just a way of trying to mend fences.

Lets see what LP 5 brings and then do something...

exactly :)

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm going to submit a question, but I will put a little note along with it to make sure that they know I wasn't on the boat. That way if there is a similar question or something, a boat person's question will get preference over mine. :nice:

That's exactly what i did! :nice:

I think I thought of a pretty good question that should get some details about LP5! :sneaky:

I love that I only JUST found this :lol:. That's what I get for only posting in two different threads the past few days.

My question is probably too personal and selfish to be answered, about advice on working in the music industry, but I'm going to send it anyway.

God, what amazing, nice people this band and their team are composed of :wacky:.

Okay I havent posted in a while but seeing this negativity I have to comment. I would give anything to have been on that boat and i cant believe people actualy complaint about not getting a q&a helllooooooo you were invited by coldplay themselves to come on the boattrip show some gratitude! Can anyone imagine their train of thoughts?

C:let's do a video with a boat

W: you know what be real nice? Have some kind of choir

G: we should really let it mean something not just any choir...

J: they should be fans!!!

P: let's get the people of coldplaying.com they the loyalidt of the all!

C: ohhh lets surprise them and tell them its a q&a and then they'll end up being in the video

J: omg!!! They'll just die on the spot ( you're so brilliant chris I :heart: u )

I hope im not out of line posting this i mean no harm just realise that i am ffing jealous of those who were luckyenough to be there!

Thatbeing said...

A letter from phil :dance: may this be posted in the philnthread :blush: :heart:

Okay I havent posted in a while but seeing this negativity I have to comment. I would give anything to have been on that boat and i cant believe people actualy complaint about not getting a q&a helllooooooo you were invited by coldplay themselves to come on the boattrip show some gratitude!

I agree. The song is called Christmas Lights, not Christmas Fights.:dozey:

Okay I havent posted in a while but seeing this negativity I have to comment. I would give anything to have been on that boat and i cant believe people actualy complaint about not getting a q&a helllooooooo you were invited by coldplay themselves to come on the boattrip show some gratitude! Can anyone imagine their train of thoughts?

C:let's do a video with a boat

W: you know what be real nice? Have some kind of choir

G: we should really let it mean something not just any choir...

J: they should be fans!!!

P: let's get the people of coldplaying.com they the loyalidt of the all!

C: ohhh lets surprise them and tell them its a q&a and then they'll end up being in the video

J: omg!!! They'll just die on the spot ( you're so brilliant chris I :heart: u )

I hope im not out of line posting this i mean no harm just realise that i am ffing jealous of those who were luckyenough to be there!

Thatbeing said...

A letter from phil :dance: may this be posted in the philnthread :blush: :heart:

hahahah :D :wacko:

Heya chelsea!

I just can't believe anyone would be dissappointed :S can you image one year ago an invite like this to come in?! we almost dropped dead on the spot when we realised Phil and Debs sometimes check in here

Heck Phil hardly had his own thread before.. now we're disappointed for not getting a Q&A... wth people... heck of all hecks... last year phil had a half a second cameo in LITii and we fureaked.. now his in skintigh elvis costume?! i mean OH my gawddd!

Heya chelsea!

I just can't believe anyone would be dissappointed :S can you image one year ago an invite like this to come in?! we almost dropped dead on the spot when we realised Phil and Debs sometimes check in here

As numerous people, including myself, have intimated, some people's expectations have unfortunately become way too high of late.

It's incredible to have such accessibility to a band of Coldplay's stature, and now it seems it's being somewhat taken for granted.

Coldplay are global megastars who have remained incredibly down-to-earth when you consider the level of fame they have attained.

This should be fully appreciated and not in any way underestimated, lest this special relationship be irreparably damaged.

Hopefully, what several of us said to Phil and the band members over the past couple of days has reassured them that their fans are extremely grateful for everything they've done, and continue to do, on all levels.

Long may this continue!:cool:

Heya chelsea!

Heck Phil hardly had his own thread before.. now we're disappointed for not getting a Q&A... wth people... heck of all hecks... last year phil had a half a second cameo in LITii and we fureaked.. now his in skintigh elvis costume?! i mean OH my gawddd!

Uh yeah, that's because you're crazed fangirls duh :D

Funnily enough, I joked many times throughout the night that I wished I was a female fan, because I might have been happier then, but alas my dream wasn't fulfilled :laugh3:

It was a great night, mainly because of seeing everyone from the forum again and meeting new friends, and on that note Carla so lovely to see you back :hug:

As numerous people, including myself, have intimated, some people's expectations have unfortunately become way too high of late.

It's incredible to have such accessibility to a band of Coldplay's stature, and now it seems it's being somewhat taken for granted.

Coldplay are global megastars who have remained incredibly down-to-earth when you consider the level of fame they have attained.

This should be fully appreciated and not in any way underestimated, lest this special relationship be irreparably damaged.

^This x a million:smug:. I love the boys so much because not only do they make amazing music, but they are fantastic people. They make me so happy :) AND I can't believe how "close" we all are to them