✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Letter from Phil Harvey: Dear Coldplaying...

busybeeburns

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi everyone.

Just wanted to let you all know that a small group of us had the extreme good fortune to meet Phil, along with Chris, Jonny and Will yesterday afternoon, and that I told each one of them how grateful we all were to have been given the opportunity to be in the video.

Hopefully what was said to them face-to-face will have more than made up for any of the unnecessarily negative comments which have been posted on here, which had clearly (and sadly) got back to the band.

Chris even seemed to think he needed to apologise for not being on the boat. I don't know why, because he had absolutely nothing to apologise for. This actually made me a bit sad.:(

Anyway, all of us said how much we appreciated being invited to be part of what was undoubtedly a once-in-a-lifetime experience, which thousands of other fans would have given their right arm to be a part of.

The boys said they couldn't believe how far some Coldplayers had come to take their place on the boat after we told them.

Anyway, anyone who took part is now a part of Coldplay history, and should feel totally privileged and honoured.:cool:

We were all really happy we could thank them personally. As Mark already said we all thought that some of the complaints (yes complaints, not constructive criticism of what could have been done a bit better) were a bit exaggarated because some people tended to ignore the positive aspects of this unique experience in their posts.

So, in the end, the band got to know what some people would have liked to be included in the boat trip (because some of the team have read our comments), they explained their thoughts and even explained why some things couldn't happen. They also got to hear that most of us were really pleased and (at least nearly) everyone enjoyed it despite some negative feelings a few had. Seemed like they were happy to hear that from us.

I think we should leave it this way. To see the video in a few days will probably a huge pleasure for everyone of us who had been there.

edit: We might post some pictures later after we collected them =)

Hi everyone.

Just wanted to let you all know that a small group of us had the extreme good fortune to meet Phil, along with Chris, Jonny and Will yesterday afternoon, and that I told each one of them how grateful we all were to have been given the opportunity to be in the video.

Hopefully what was said to them face-to-face will have more than made up for any of the unnecessarily negative comments which have been posted on here, which had clearly (and sadly) got back to the band.

Chris even seemed to think he needed to apologise for not being on the boat. I don't know why, because he had absolutely nothing to apologise for. This actually made me a bit sad.:(

Anyway, all of us said how much we appreciated being invited to be part of what was undoubtedly a once-in-a-lifetime experience, which thousands of other fans would have given their right arm to be a part of.

The boys said they couldn't believe how far some Coldplayers had come to take their place on the boat after we told them.

Anyway, anyone who took part is now a part of Coldplay history, and should feel totally privileged and honoured.:cool:

Thanks for thanking them, Mark. :) I feel kind of bad that Chris thought he needed to apologize. :( It was a great gift from the band to the fans to give them the opportunity to be in a fucking Coldplay video. I would have loved to be there!!

Thanks for doing that!!I really want them to know that it means a lot to most of us

We were all really happy we could thank them personally. As Mark already said we all thought that some of the complaints (yes complaints, not constructive criticism of what could have been done a bit better) were a bit exaggarated because some people tended to ignore the positive aspects of this unique experience in their posts.

So, in the end, the band got to know what some people would have liked to be included in the boat trip (because some of the team have read our comments), they explained their thoughts and even explained why some things couldn't happen. They also got to hear that most of us were really pleased and (at least nearly) everyone enjoyed it despite some negative feelings a few had. Seemed like they were happy to hear that from us.

I think we should leave it this way. To see the video in a few days will probably a huge pleasure for everyone of us who had been there.

edit: We might post some pictures later after we collected them =)

Hi everyone.

I feel bad that the negativity trickled back to the boys...BUT on the other hand I still completely understand why some may have felt disappointed. I'm both sad and relieved that I wasn't there, and I know that does not make sense!

I am SO envious of those who have bumped into the band at the Beeehive...words cannot convey just how much.....

Awww gee, I understand that people would be disappointed after getting their hopes up a lot and with all the excitement, but what happened for certain things not to happen sounds a bit unavoidable unfortunately. You all got to see each other though so I'm glad that of course went well ^^ Feel bad it got under the skin of the band themselves though. They couldn't really do anything about it, but shows how much they care.

Hi everyone.

This!

I hope you don't mind, but I did submit a question. I know I wasn't there, but I was nearly there,lol. I have wanted to know the answer to this question about my favorite song for quite a few years now....so we wait and see!:)

Why would anyone mind? :P

Ian said it's open for anyone to ask, but of course the people who were on a boat's questions get preference.

I feel bad that the negativity trickled back to the boys...BUT on the other hand I still completely understand why some may have felt disappointed. I'm both sad and relieved that I wasn't there, and I know that does not make sense!

Awww gee, I understand that people would be disappointed after getting their hopes up a lot and with all the excitement, but what happened for certain things not to happen sounds a bit unavoidable unfortunately. You all got to see each other though so I'm glad that of course went well ^^ Feel bad it got under the skin of the band themselves though. They couldn't really do anything about it, but shows how much they care.

These.

Other people are so much better at conveying what I want to. :lol: :P

I'm not going to send in a question, I think the people on the boat should have their questions answered, altho that might be hard, unless they specify they were on the boat:thinking: I'm sure the questions asked with the answers given will make me tingle all over anyways:D

unnecessarily negative comments which have been posted on here, which had clearly (and sadly) got back to the band.

uh oh, uh oh, uh oh. yikes. :sick:

what with those of us at home freaking out prematurely about the non-disclosure agreements (which turned out to be nothing), and then people on the boat coming here and saying that they were tricked...

*hides face in shame*

thanks for apologizing to the band for us, at least :\

Hi everyone.

Thanks Mark, to thanking the band!

Awww Phil. :cheesy:

I'd love to do participate in something like the postcards from far away project though. :surprised:

I'm sure we can think about something once they release LP5

it'd be so easy if they release a song called PFFA II xD

I'm glad that at least not only negativity reached them. Because truly some of us here would have given their right arm to be there and be part part of such an epic and historic thing.

Phil is so sweet! So, so so sweet. Glad he put things straight and after everything people said give us a great gift again.

The boys are just so nice, they are really close to us fans in a very special way, and that's amazing :heart:.

:nice: that said I can't wait for CHRIStmas Lights + Video + Aswers to the Questions.

Hi everyone.

Thank you Mark for telling them :nice: