✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Letter from Phil Harvey: Dear Coldplaying...

busybeeburns

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heya chelsea!

I just can't believe anyone would be dissappointed :S can you image one year ago an invite like this to come in?! we almost dropped dead on the spot when we realised Phil and Debs sometimes check in here

Heck Phil hardly had his own thread before.. now we're disappointed for not getting a Q&A... wth people... heck of all hecks... last year phil had a half a second cameo in LITii and we fureaked.. now his in skintigh elvis costume?! i mean OH my gawddd!

When Phil told us "not to catch our deaths" out there that night, I said I was more worried about him in skintight polyester and drafty huge bellbottoms than us in our warm clothes :lol:. He said at least he had a trailer to go into.

Even though I feel extremely positive about the whole thing, it's not so much the disappointment of others that I wanted to address, it was the way it was handled in various venues, but I'm so done talking about it.

Okay I havent posted in a while but seeing this negativity I have to comment. I would give anything to have been on that boat and i cant believe people actualy complaint about not getting a q&a helllooooooo you were invited by coldplay themselves to come on the boattrip show some gratitude! Can anyone imagine their train of thoughts?

C:let's do a video with a boat

W: you know what be real nice? Have some kind of choir

G: we should really let it mean something not just any choir...

J: they should be fans!!!

P: let's get the people of coldplaying.com they the loyalidt of the all!

C: ohhh lets surprise them and tell them its a q&a and then they'll end up being in the video

J: omg!!! They'll just die on the spot ( you're so brilliant chris I :heart: u )

I hope im not out of line posting this i mean no harm just realise that i am ffing jealous of those who were luckyenough to be there!

Thatbeing said...

A letter from phil :dance: may this be posted in the philnthread :blush: :heart:

Heya chelsea!

I just can't believe anyone would be dissappointed :S can you image one year ago an invite like this to come in?! we almost dropped dead on the spot when we realised Phil and Debs sometimes check in here

Heck Phil hardly had his own thread before.. now we're disappointed for not getting a Q&A... wth people... heck of all hecks... last year phil had a half a second cameo in LITii and we fureaked.. now his in skintigh elvis costume?! i mean OH my gawddd!

Carla, why are you so smart :wacky:

I :heart: what you said!!

:kiss:

Okay I havent posted in a while but seeing this negativity I have to comment. I would give anything to have been on that boat and i cant believe people actualy complaint about not getting a q&a helllooooooo you were invited by coldplay themselves to come on the boattrip show some gratitude! Can anyone imagine their train of thoughts?

C:let's do a video with a boat

W: you know what be real nice? Have some kind of choir

G: we should really let it mean something not just any choir...

J: they should be fans!!!

C: ohhh lets surprise them and tell them its a q&a and then they'll end up being in the video

J: omg!!! They'll just die on the spot ( you're so brilliant chris I :heart: u )

I hope im not out of line posting this i mean no harm just realise that i am ffing jealous of those who were luckyenough to be there!

Thatbeing said...

A letter from phil :dance: may this be posted in the philnthread :blush: :heart:

imo, your post is not out of line. but that's just my opinion since i feel the same way as you about this whole thing & i was lucky enough to be on the boat. for one thing, when i first came to England 1yr & a bit ago, i never in a million years would ever imagine that i'd ever be on a music video...let alone Coldplay's! & in a Coldplay song that mentions bits about London!

& i also think that they had good reason to try & cover up the shoot as much as possible due to leaks & such. since the entertainment industry can be incredibly anal about leaked songs/videos/movies/shows, especially for highly anticipated material. by disguising the opportunity as a Q&A with essentially the least known of the Coldplay members & 2 of their roadies, they're (theoretically) making sure that not just any Tom, Dick or Harry shows up. because, seriously, how many Coldplay fans, especially those outside of this forum, honestly know who Phil, Matt or Miller are?

i still remember in the pit at the final Wembley gig, 1 of the CPers here had a sign & rose for Miller & kept shouting for him during the stage turnover from Jay-Z to Coldplay's stuff. there were ppl around us who were Coldplay fan(s), but were wondering who in the world is this Miller person & why is this girl so excited to see him? & when i'd told them that Miller is the roadie who blogs for the official website, they were surprised about it still.

end of the day, i think some things could've been organised better, like having a bit more food or something more filling than finger sandwiches & biscuits as not everyone realises that "refreshments" literally means just that & the timing was pretty much during dinner time. i was lucky once again in that i've been trained to eat up whenever i can before an event & to expect the unexpected during an event from my previous job.

BUT for that 1 night in the freezing cold in the middle of the river in my favourite city in the world, i got the totally unexpected privilege & honour to:

• listen to a yet-to-be-released Coldplay song with 100 others before anyone else in the world aside from the band & crew + probably some other EMI ppl.

• be there for the shooting of the video for the new song.

• actually be a part of that video & song.

• meet up again with friends whom i'd met through this very forum but not seen in a while...some not since Wembley last year. & meet friends whom i'd not had the pleasure of meeting in person yet.

• go on a free cruise on the Thames River...something i've never done for all the times i've visited London or for the past year that i've been here in the UK.

...now how many ppl can say that, especially the first 3 points?

(well, ok...aside from you other 99 ppl who were there. ;))

tho having said that, i have to admit that if it wasn't that i am already in London now or perhaps coincidentally making a trip to London around this time &/or i didn't happen to have something important to be at, i wouldn't have re-shuffled my life or come from far away just for this. even if the band were supposed to appear (which was NEVER promised to begin with). i don't think anyone in Coldplay or Coldplay HQ expected fans to do this either for a Q&A with Phil, Matt & Miller. especially those who made the effort to travel over from abroad (to you, i tip my proverbial hat to for your steadfast dedication!).

i understand how those who genuinely came for the original promise of the Q&A would be disappointed (guess those 4 other guys need to get used to the fact that Phil, Matt & Miller have their own fans too! :P), but for those who went just because of the expectation that anyone of the 4 or all of them to appear, then i guess this is a perhaps costly lesson to be learnt. because at the end of the day, once again, there was no promise made that Coldplay themselves would be there for a private gig or to do a Q&A or whatever in the world was expected of them. only excited speculations.

& if anyone seriously went & rang the bell at the Beehive/Bakery just because they were disappointed about how the boat trip worked out................ :facepalm:

lets send them gifts

small easily postable gifts:thinking:

We sent them postcards before, that worked out really well :D

Small, can be sent from anywhere in the world, beautiful, individual, and recyclable :sunny:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AvCKbTFcNlI]YouTube - Coldplaying.com - 'Postcards From Far Away' - Watch Coldplay reading the poscards[/ame]

Now THAT is just about the best thing a band and their staff have ever done for their fans, the whole thing was magical :)

Small, can be sent from anywhere in the world, beautiful, individual, and recyclable :sunny:

Now THAT is just about the best thing a band and their staff have ever done for their fans, the whole thing was magical :)

that video is the best thing ever :heart:.

Oh Carla! I've missed your posts - this was the funniest thing I've read all week! :laugh3: Amongst all the angst and negativity, you manage to bring a bit of Chris & Jonny love in to it :D

Is it pathetic I still feel a bit faint whenever I see that video? :wacky:

I can't believe everything worked out so perfectly with that whole thing. Oh my goodness.

However, like Alison said earlier...I think that something like this shouldn't be for mending fences or anything, and it was more powerful as a surprise, one-off thing relevant to a song, but that's just my opinion.

Not that I'm a loser but I couldn't even see my card in the video :bigcry:

:laugh3:

neither cold I sweetie :bigcry: :P

annnd I missed you too :hug:

tnx everyone :)

If I was a fangirl, I would be crying over the fact Chris Martin is reading something I wrote on a card.

But stefan... I thougts you WERE a fan girl?!