✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Letter from Phil Harvey: Dear Coldplaying...

busybeeburns

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To those who sent questions, could you tell us what you asked? If you'd like. :)

I'm just curious to know.

Maybe they're not gonna be able to answer all of them, so I guess it'd be great to know what has been asked anyway. :)

I'm sure lots of interesting stuff has been asked!

Really nice of Phil to make sure we get those Q&As afterall.

Phil and all of the crew are just... :heart:

I asked whether the next album had been influenced by one or several instruments/ "sound". VLV featured the violin, and on some songs, North African instruments (Yes!). And there was this picture of Will playing the accordion once so maybe they're now using that.

I asked whether the next album had been influenced by one or several instruments/ "sound". VLV featured the violin, and on some songs, North African instruments (Yes!). And there was this picture of Will playing the accordion once so maybe they're now using that.

:thumbsup:

I know the deadline for submitting questions was December 1st, but when will they have the answers?

This was my question, I'll laugh so hard if they answer it:

In some recent pictures with fans, it appears that Chris was wearing the same 'Back To The Future' shirt three days in a row (maybe more). We know he likes the movie, but... seriously? What is the magical reason for wearing the same shirt at least three days in a row?

i still remember in the pit at the final Wembley gig, 1 of the CPers here had a sign & rose for Miller & kept shouting for him during the stage turnover from Jay-Z to Coldplay's stuff. there were ppl around us who were Coldplay fan(s), but were wondering who in the world is this Miller person & why is this girl so excited to see him? & when i'd told them that Miller is the roadie who blogs for the official website, they were surprised about it still.

I agree to your whole post, Kimmie. :) I'm glad you had a great night!

It was the same for me at Wembley. I was in about 8th or 9th row, which I was not satisfied with. All of the Coldplayers upfront were screaming at Miller and this guy next to me sounded like he thought they were freaks for cheering for "just" a roadie. That was when I was certain I was too far away from the stage, when I was among such people. Actually, I think I thought "What is he doing all the way up here?" He never seemed like that hardcore of a fan during the concert either. [/rant, sorry. :P]

tif it wasn't that i am already in London [...] or didn't have something important to be at, i wouldn't have re-shuffled my life or come from far away just for this.

i understand how those who genuinely came for the original promise of the Q&A would be disappointed [...] but for those who went just because of the expectation that anyone of the 4 or all of them to appear, then i guess this is a perhaps costly lesson to be learnt. because at the end of the day, once again, there was no promise made that Coldplay themselves would be there for a private gig or to do a Q&A or whatever in the world was expected of them. only excited speculations.

This! +1

I stayed at home because I had too many things to do already and school, but I might have gone if I knew for certain (not only had the suspicion) that Coldplay would be there. They weren't really there, but no one can blame them as they did not promise that at all. :)

It's really very sweet of Phil (and Miller and McGinn) to do the Q and A's this way after all. :nice:

I feel bad that the negativity trickled back to the boys...BUT on the other hand I still completely understand why some may have felt disappointed. I'm both sad and relieved that I wasn't there, and I know that does not make sense!

I am SO envious of those who have bumped into the band at the Beeehive...words cannot convey just how much.....

I feel the same way, actually, so to me it makes perfect sense somehow. :)

In some recent pictures with fans, it appears that Chris was wearing the same 'Back To The Future' shirt three days in a row (maybe more). We know he likes the movie, but... seriously? What is the magical reason for wearing the same shirt at least three days in a row?

Excellent question!:lol:

good one!

I know the deadline for submitting questions was December 1st, but when will they have the answers?

Great question :D