✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[11-June-2011] Coldplay @ Pinkpop Landgraaf festival, Netherlands

Carlaatje

• Replies 904
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who said it was a bad audience?

Never heard a crowd in Belgium/Holland (except Werchter) sing so loud 'Fix You' as on the stream I just heard of yesterday.

In 2009 I went to Nijmegen and I couldn't hear anyone... :)

This is broadcasted:

Yellow

Major Minus

Lost!

Trouble

Cemeteries of London

God Put A Smile Upon Your Face

Violet Hill

The Scientist

Viva La Vida

Charlie Brown

Life Is For Living

Clocks

Fix You

So no: Hurts like heaven, in my place, us against the world, politik and every teardrop is a waterfall. The organisatiuon just didn't have permission to broadcast more. But maybe at the end of the week they may show the whole gig.

http://www.youtube.com/user/benskyb#p/u

I contacted this person, (he is uploading all the vids on good quality) and he says he has the all the songs I listed above. He waits if their gonna be more material and then he will put the entire show on piratebay.

So, now you are all able to see all the vids from Coldplay@pinkpop2011, the crowd wasn't that bad eh? Just referring to the previous remarks that the crowd lacked enthousiasm and energy. I really think the vids show for themselves.:)

Take A look at the hq recording from the Scientist and see Chris' face and hear the crowd singalong, seems to me that he (and the crowd) is enjoying to the fullest...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L4UdbvZ8dAo]YouTube - ‪Coldplay - " Charlie Brown " HQ Live @ Pinkpop Festuval : Landgraaf, Netherlands‬‏[/ame]

Even better version

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2xGS2M6sOZ8]YouTube - ‪Coldplay - " Major Minus " HQ Live @ Pinkpop Festuval : Landgraaf, Netherlands‬‏[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hR66huaMsQs]YouTube - ‪Coldplay - " The Scientist " HQ Live @ Pinkpop Festuval : Landgraaf, Netherlands‬‏[/ame]

EPIC SINGALONG AT THE END

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0cajqQ38Ols]YouTube - ‪Coldplay - God Put A Smile Upon Your Face HQ Live @ Pinkpop Festuval : Landgraaf, Netherlands‬‏[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UbDftpduQfs]YouTube - ‪Coldplay - Violet Hill HQ Live @ Pinkpop Festuval : Landgraaf, Netherlands‬‏[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BK-adVWq7_M]YouTube - ‪Coldplay - Trouble HQ Live @ Pinkpop Festuval : Landgraaf, Netherlands‬‏[/ame]

BRILLIANT

There was a girl with a dark green Coldplay t-shirt with some of the lyrics to Square One on the back who was right up at the front of the queue for the left pit. She had blue eyes & brown hair. Does anyone know her, or if she's on here?

^ Love the ending Chris did for The Scientist :P

yep!! :D

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dgf8_KuUx6o]YouTube - ‪Coldplay - " Fix You " HQ Live @ Pinkpop Festival : Landgraaf, Netherlands‬‏[/ame]

That was an awesome banner, by the way! :awesome:
Thanks! :blush:

Good evening girls and boys!! :hug:

So it's really late now and I don't know if I've got the energy to bore you with something long now?

Let's see where's the best point to start the story...

Things you might not be interested in:

So I arrived at 7am, not knowing yet that it was totally unnecessary.

e9ff9388.jpga1a947b4.jpg

I quickly made friends with the nice security guys haha

They were sooooooo chatty!

In the time until Mathieu arrived we talked a lot and I know most of their life now. :lol:

Really nice people, they told me some Dutch words, too. (Like "shit"... what did you expect? :lol:)

Then Mathieu arrived and he went to ask at the information if they'll really clear out the front section after every act and... they said no!!

So we were hopeful!

Soon afterwards Marianne (is that your name? Sorry if I tpyed it wrongly! :embarrassed:), Esther and Gioia from Coldplayzone (:heart:) joined us.

We had a nice time chatting on the blanket I bought before the Arcade Fire gig with Imke in November (LOVE YOU IMKE!).

th_f2713784.jpg th_4bef977d.jpg

Then Natascha briefly said hi from the other side of the fence!

df43cf96.jpg

She was working for Oxfam before the gig so she was already on the festival ground.

We were joking that it looked like a prisoner getting a visitor. :laugh4:

Come on, we had to hug! Hadn't seen her since the Christmas Lights weekend in London...

Then half an hour before the gates would open they opened the first fence thingy and we positioned ourselves at the entrance. Carla joined us just in time!

th_15aa513d.jpg

It took a while until they opened and wtf, they really looked closely if you took drinks or food with you. Luckily the guy only found some of it... or rather I could persuade him to leave me a banana and a Capri Sun. :P

Then we ran to the stage and went to the front. Those were awesome spots!

fa26fa38.jpg

And I'm really really glad we did it, "De Staat" were playing first and they were awesome!!!!

I'll definitely look into them more, they did hilarious stuff like using car horns in their songs and there was this weird "drum machine". You'd have to see it to know what I mean. :)

All band members are hilarious and awesome in their own way.

The drummer has perfect drummer hair, the bassist had some crazy dancing going on, the car horn guy can sing amazing and reminded me a bit of Jack Black, the singer was dancing a bit like Simon from Biffy while looking like an ex bf of mine. :lol:

Papping the paps:

464546b3.jpg

It was cool using the time until 3pm to catch up with Carla. :kiss:

Here she is sending a tweet to vivacrew during the rain:

f239db65.jpg

But then we really had to leave after "De Staat" finished playing. Bummer.

We were all disappointed. All the waiting for nothing.

BUT, as we all agreed afterwards, we all wouldn't have found together if we hadn't been there so early. :)

So we treid to see the positive aspect of it, got some food, sat down and went to the toilet. :lol: :lol: :lol:

61388aaa.jpg

71096860.jpg

I texted to Frank that we'd be on Jonny side and if he wanted to join us. The reply he sent to me arrived at friggin' 1am. So I didn't meet him. :disappointed:

We weren't the only ones planning to queue for CP straight after people went into the front area for Elbow.

As soon as the gates opened you could see that most people standing there were queuing for CP already and only a couple of people actually went inside!

So like it has been said here before - Elbow played in front of a half filled front!

They don't deserve that, they were great.

e5b7e4ac.jpg

So to cut it short, we were standing there for almost 3 hours, squeezed together like cattle, waiting to be let inside.

At points I thought I couldn't do it anymore. So bad!

I won't start telling the "irresponsible mother" story in full. Let's just say there was a woman who lost her about 5yrs old son but didn't even bother searching for him because then she'd lose her spot in the queue. Unbelievable.

Then the awful moment came when they opened the gates and we were runnnnnnnning!

Sadly we didn't get to stand together, Carla, Marianne and Gioia were more towards the middle than Esther, Irene, Natascha and me. :(

So there we were, we made it to front row! Mission accomplished! :dance:

I hope I didn't seem annoyed to Natascha or anything, but before it started I just needed to be quiet for a bit and relax and just look around me... Time was passing so slowly and the chewing gum metaphor seems appropriate here!

Then finally some ambient song came on and I knew it'd start soon! :dance:

After that 99 Problems started and it was as if a switch in me had been flipped. :laugh4: I love the song and the fact that it indicated CP starting soon didn't make it better for the girls behind me who had to suffer from my dancing and singing haha

The Back to the Future intro is just PERFECT as last song btw, I was going nuts at that time already. Next we could see the boys come on stage, a little later than 9pm but it wasn't bad at all. :)

I won't give you song-by-song reviews here, that's impossible and you probably wouldn't even read it. :lol: :uhoh:

HLH was a great opener and we held up my banner during that one and Yellow. :)

That time the journalists were still there and some took pics of us, too. That must have been when this one had been taken:

5822714232_c40f9d31da_z.jpg

I can't remember during which song it was, but Chris pointed at us, smiled and then waved, so cute!

Guy must need glasses btw, he was looking sooo long. :lol:

Sadly I couldn't see much of Will and Jonny was hiding behind the camera man most of the time. :disappointed:

After not having slept much and standing at the turnstiles for so long I wouldn't have believed it but I had so much energy all of a sudden! :laugh4:

Me and the girls were jumping and singing and dancing so much!!!

I totally agree with what others have said already: Charlie Brown is so amazing, that song will be huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge! :awesome:

There were some funny bits, too.

During some song (was it Violet Hill???) Chris changed the lyrics and replaced it with "fucking", then during Scientist (I think) he forgot some lyrics and had to laugh... then at the next line he had to laugh some more and just said "shit, the moment's gone" or something like that. :lol:

BEST FUNNY BIT however was before UATW!

Such a shame that hasn't been broadcast, I hope someone recorded it and put it on youtube.

He said "This next song is a new one..." and then he sang "I wanna shake my little booty" and was REALLY shaking it! :lol: :lol: :lol:

So funny! But then he actually started the song and it's so good!

All instruments coming in one after the other - goosebumps guarantee.

All in all it must be mentioned that every one of them was in top form but standing out for me was Chris's voice. Wow. So perfect.

Life is for living is the perfect example. It was spot on and you immediately thought "He can still do it."

"It" standing for everything why anyone loves his voice. Don't know how to describe it. You can only feel it.

Oh and talking of slower songs:

I'm so glad they are there in the setlist - I really needed them to rest a bit from dancing and to drink a little hahahaha

I didn't take many pictures, I was too busy dancing. :P

But here are some:

715f0ce4.jpg

d9dfed1c.jpg

4520f45b.jpg

f05dc6ba.jpg

c19c3df8.jpg

Looking at the videos of the gig it just gets to me now how many people were there behind us. You didn't see it from the front and man, that's some crowd. I hope we'll get to see a pic from #42 of what it looked like from the stage.

He's been on the stage before the gig and taking lots of pics btw. :)

We've been screaming for him and Matt and they didn't look (well, they never do) but they smiled at each other. :D

I have to talk about ETIAW here, right? :uhoh:

It's a cool song to play live, I gotta give that to them.

It was contagious actually to see Chris having so much fun on the stage! :lol:

He was all over the place, jumping around and dancing. :wacky:

If they like it, well, then let them have their fun and join in I'd say. :P

After the gig we said bye to each other... :bigcry:

Girls (and Mathieu :P) - let me say it again:

THANK YOU for spending this day with me, it's been fantastic and even better to be able to share it with awesome people like you.

Gioia: if you read this, give Teresa a kiss from me please!

Carla: I'll see you sooooo-oooo-ooon! :whip: :kiss:

Marianne, Irene and Natascha: Thanks for the nice company and the ciggies. :hug:

Esther: Thanks for holding the banner with me and being such a nice person!

Hope to see all of you again soon. I'm getting mushy here... So ok, I might add some more things coming to my mind later but now it's almost 3am and I need some sleep!!!!!

:escaping3:

There was a girl with a dark green Coldplay t-shirt with some of the lyrics to Square One on the back who was right up at the front of the queue for the left pit. She had blue eyes & brown hair. Does anyone know her, or if she's on here?
You mean the poor girl who got pulled out?

She's posted here, here it is: http://www.coldplaying.com/forum/showthread.php?p=4824772#post4824772