🌙 COLDPLAY ANNOUNCE MOON MUSIC OUT OCTOBER 4TH 🎵

[5-Aug-2011] Coldplay @ Lollapalooza Festival, Chicago

Ebs757

So for those who are staying for the full 3 days, what acts are you seeing on Saturday and Sunday? I'd still like to meet some of you on the other days even if I won't be joining in on your Viva-chanting and confetti-snatching.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anybody else got their shirt yet? :)

And omg I can't wait to get my tickets in the mail! Ahh it reminds me of when I got my tickets for the Viva tour :)

Im so happy I can't believe im going to lolla!!!

No, I haven't gotten my shirt yet, I need to get on that LOL. A month from Tuesday, we will be there :dance: I cannot wait to finally see Chicago and Coldplay of course!

No, I haven't gotten my shirt yet, I need to get on that LOL. A month from Tuesday, we will be there :dance: I cannot wait to finally see Chicago and Coldplay of course!

yea I gotta get to it too :P

Its almost here! Yup im just imagining how excited ill be at the airport!! :D

When do you guys think coldplay will get to chicago?

So I want to run this by everyone, I don't want to get a light blue tshirt, because I have a light blue viva and a slighlty lighter navy blue X&Y shirt....another blue coldplay shirt is just alot....but yet i do not want to look out of place. So either I look out of place or I fit in and get another light blue coldplay shirt./ What is everyones thoughts??

So for those who are staying for the full 3 days, what acts are you seeing on Saturday and Sunday? I'd still like to meet some of you on the other days even if I won't be joining in on your Viva-chanting and confetti-snatching.

I usually take in quite a few bands every year; haven't planned out the schedule for this year yet, but definitely hoping to hit the Cars, Fitz and the tantrums, cage the elephant, okgo, at least part of flogging Molly, Noah and the whale, tennis, pains/pure at heart, Young the giant and joy Formidable.

Tho who knows how it'll actually pan out. Say Hello if you see me roaming.

I usually take in quite a few bands every year; haven't planned out the schedule for this year yet, but definitely hoping to hit the Cars, Fitz and the tantrums, cage the elephant, okgo, at least part of flogging Molly, Noah and the whale, tennis, pains/pure at heart, Young the giant and joy Formidable.

Tho who knows how it'll actually pan out. Say Hello if you see me roaming.

Cool, The Joy Formidable is on my planned schedule. Saturday's a really flexible day for me, though I really want to catch the Arctic Monkeys > Foo Fighters transition on Sunday.

Anybody else got their shirt yet? :)

And omg I can't wait to get my tickets in the mail! Ahh it reminds me of when I got my tickets for the Viva tour :)

Im so happy I can't believe im going to lolla!!!

I got mine and I'm really pleased with it! It's exactly the same as the one 66 got (except, of course, it has JillyBlue on the back). Can't wait to see you all. I'm just hoping I can survive the heat!

Ooh! Got my tee from Cafepress today, and it looks great! Ill edit this with a photo later.

Thanks again to TheSkittz for the design and the idiot-proof ordering instructions!

Photos of front and back:

http://s28.photobucket.com/albums/c222/9102/?action=view&current=1e12d9c2.jpg&evt=user_media_share

http://s28.photobucket.com/albums/c222/9102/?action=view&current=314e3687.jpg&evt=user_media_share

The shirt isn't as bright as it looks in the photos. Came out really well.

It's awesome....I think I'm going to copy it exactly.....same blue too, it's great. How can we order one like it?

I need some advice Coldplayers -- I live in Northeast Ohio, about 6 and half hour drive from Chicago.

I really want to go see Coldplay because I'm not sure when they'll announce a U.S. tour, but I'm the only one that would go. Also, I'd only be able to go for that day only.

So I can either:

a) Drive 6 1/2 hours to Chicago, watch Coldplay, drive straight back to Ohio (with a lot of Caffeine.)

b) Fly out to Chicago; stay at crappy hotel at airport, rent a car to drive out to Grant Park, spend the night. drop off rental car, fly back home -- all for around 700 dollars (including ticket).

c) Drive 6 1/2 hours to Chicago, watch Coldplay, find hotel for the night, drive back home next day.

d) not go. =(

Money is sort of an issue until I talk to my parents. =)

At this point, it's sort of a dream to go and see Coldplay at a festival like this since I've seen them twice at the Q in Cleveland and once at a pavillion in Cincinnati.

Maybe keep your eye in flight deals? if you can find a cheap flight out to O'Hare, you can shuttle to a hotel in Rosemont and try to get a hotel near the River Road El stop. $2.50 train ride in (stay on the train to Jackson, aim for the lake. it's a bit of a walk, but not terrible - if you're comfortable with public transportation, I can route you to transfer lines and drop you closer). $2.50 back to Rosemont. If you'd prefer driving out, traffic and parking can be a bitch in the Loop. I'd fly in or go with option C.

Ok so when ordering the shirt from cafepress for the color is it light blue or "iris" the color we should choose. There's no "baby blue" option

I think I did the basic tee... Maybe light blue? Don't remember choosing iris. My phone and cafepress's create a shirt program aren't particularly compatible. Won't let me see the shirt color names! If you open the women's basic tee, I'm pretty sure I used the lighter blue (third from last color).

Maybe keep your eye in flight deals? if you can find a cheap flight out to O'Hare, you can shuttle to a hotel in Rosemont and try to get a hotel near the River Road El stop. $2.50 train ride in (stay on the train to Jackson, aim for the lake. it's a bit of a walk, but not terrible - if you're comfortable with public transportation, I can route you to transfer lines and drop you closer). $2.50 back to Rosemont. If you'd prefer driving out, traffic and parking can be a bitch in the Loop. I'd fly in or go with option C.

Thanks for the help! Quick question, let's say I did drive out to Grant Park -- does Lollapalooza have 1 day parking setup somewhere or am I going to be trying to find somewhere to park (like if I went to a Bulls game)? ... and how close will I get? =)

I'm 22 and in great shape so walking is no problem. (just throwing that out there)

BTW, I'm researching the airfare right now and it's reasonable. =)

You should able to find parking in one of the self park garages in the loop. If you have a GPS or smartphone, use any of the parking apps. I'm not sure about the price or how fast they fill, but I think you can still get a few hours for around $30? There's a Grant Park parking deck, but heard that fills fast. I commuted downtown from the suburbs for years, but only drove a few times because of the traffic (I have little patience). wish I had more info for you.

Another thought, if you fly in and out without staying the night, you can literally jump on the Blue line train from inside O'Hare. Also can see if there are any hotels a ways away from Grant Park/the Loop that you'd find suitable. Cheaper parking, and either drive, cab or jump a bus/El into the South Loop.

Basically, you just have to decide how you're going, not if! :-)

Early Lolla Get Together?

So we're less than a month away and I'm getting really excited. I will be arriving on Thursday the 4th - Anybody else coming in a day early who might want to get together near the Park? I've been practicing my Coldplay piano!