✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

"Coldplay: Glastonbury 2011" to be shown in cinemas (cancelled?): Latest loc are via GlastonburyHD.c

cleeson7

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I only have one theatre in my town so it's highly unlikely that the Glastonbury performance will be shown here. Actually make that impossible....we never get anything but the massive blockbusters!

Perhaps it will be released as a live DVD somewhere down the line?

Most likely. Besides, we always have footage from Glastonbury anyway. But I am thinking if it is shown in cinemas, then it will come out onto DVD. Think about how rare this is. A Coldplay live performance being shown in move theaters. Its very strange, but I am not complaining :laugh3:

How much is this costing everyone here in the US? Fandango is telling me $18/person -- wondering if I should call the theatre to check that :D

It's $18 in CA. But it's $12 to see any movie at this theater anyway. I've seen trailers for special events at theatres, like they will show opera from the New York Met, and it's the same price as the Glastonbury show.

It's $18 in CA. But it's $12 to see any movie at this theater anyway. I've seen trailers for special events at theatres, like they will show opera from the New York Met, and it's the same price as the Glastonbury show.

Yeah, its really not that bad. Movie ticket prices are expensive now anyway. It's like a mini concert for just $18. I know it is nothing like being there and seeing them live, but to see it on a huge screen will be great!

Yeah they are advertising the Met Opera in ours too, and some college band thingy, but Coldplay??? Dream come true, since I always sit thru these adverts and wished they would show a Cp concert. The U2 concert was the same price as well.

I'm in Ottawa and just checked the cineplex site. They have it listed but no dates. I'm going to keep checking, and hope we get some good news soon. This would be so great to see.

If a cineplex near me is showing it I will go! :D

This is cool! I just purchased for Orlando, Regal Pointe Orlando IMAX! Geez... the guys will be really BIG!!! Heehee! I am taking friend, only she doesn't know yet!

Well, this summer is turning out not so bad... Coldplay on the BIG Screen and Lollapalooza! :)

thanks so much for this!

its playing in a few theaters by me, but I think I'm gonna head into the city to see this one!!! How exciting! And there are tickets! I don't think many people know about this... :uhoh: lol better keep it on the hush until I get mine! :laugh2: