✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

"Coldplay: Glastonbury 2011" to be shown in cinemas (cancelled?): Latest loc are via GlastonburyHD.c

cleeson7

Like everyone I hope this will air here too, but since I'm in France, not an English country, I highly doubt that :dozey: But I still hope for it, I live near Disneyland and they've got an IMAX theater there.

I live five minutes away from an IMAX theater and yet the only place showing it nearby (35 minutes) is not -- so it's not exclusive to one particular film format. :laugh3:

I didn't want to miss out so I bought tickets, but plan to keep checking back to see if the theater near my house pops up as an option as the event nears.

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Exactly. Right now there's only one theater in the whole DFW metroplex showing this too, which is completely ridiculous. I expect it will be officially announced soon and many more theaters will be showing it.

I hope so, but I have a feeling only certain cinemas are carrying this, U2 was exclusive in our area of Orlando:shrug:

I live five minutes away from an IMAX theater and yet the only place showing it nearby (35 minutes) is not

Basically the same thing for me. I live 5 minutes from on IMAX, 20 minutes from another, yet the nearest place it is being shown (from what I can see) is about 45 minutes away and it's not IMAX. Mmmmph.

(And yes it does make a difference... if you sit in the middle of an IMAX theater it feels like you're really there.)

Basically the same thing for me. I live 5 minutes from on IMAX, 20 minutes from another, yet the nearest place it is being shown (from what I can see) is about 45 minutes away and it's not IMAX. Mmmmph.

(And yes it does make a difference... if you sit in the middle of an IMAX theater it feels like you're really there.)

Comment about the middle of the IMAX is spot on, that's where I will be.

Carrie, are you going?

Comment about the middle of the IMAX is spot on, that's where I will be.

Carrie, are you going?

Well, I was going to wait to see if one of the IMAX theaters decides to show it. Do you think that whatever theaters are currently listed, those will be the only ones that will show it, and other theaters won't be added to the list?

Well, I was going to wait to see if one of the IMAX theaters decides to show it. Do you think that whatever theaters are currently listed, those will be the only ones that will show it, and other theaters won't be added to the list?

It's hard to say if any will be added:thinking: I didn't care I just purchased them and then found out it was IMAX:) I would have gone down the dirt road in the center of town near the edge of a swamp, and watch it on a screen outside while the alligator catchers zoom by on their airboats just to watch it:lol:

It's hard to say if any will be added:thinking: I didn't care I just purchased them and then found out it was IMAX:) I would have gone down the dirt road in the center of town near the edge of a swamp, and watch it on a screen outside while the alligator catchers zoom by on their airboats just to watch it:lol:

The cinema where it's playing near me has 21 theatres and an IMAX, so I have no idea which theatre it will be showing in. There are 4 large "themed" theatres and the others are just normal. Less than a month to wait and seeeee...

Just purchased my tickets for the only theatre listed in the Washington DC area. Can't wait. Wouldn't it be great to be able to go to a theatre and watch every show played during the upcoming tour.

:wacky:

Guest howyousawtheworld
Plus a $2.50 convenience fee for each ticket. And yes it's marketable, we're buying tickets aren't we?

Marketable isn't selling tickets. Selling tickets could mean just two tickets. Imagine that. Two people sitting in a theatre watching Coldplay. Why don't you just get a proxy and watch it on BBC iplayer?

Marketable isn't selling tickets. Selling tickets could mean just two tickets. Imagine that. Two people sitting in a theatre watching Coldplay. Why don't you just get a proxy and watch it on BBC iplayer?

That is marketable to a movie theater. 10 o'clock at night has much less people in the theater and they're always playing older movies that aren't that great and everybody's already seen. A normal 10 o'clock showing of something could only bring in a couple of people as well, but this is twice the cost of tickets so they're making more money off of this than anything else they'd show in that theater.

It'd be easy to show it on the Internet but this is a better experience and more profitable.