✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Rate 'Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall' now!

• Replies 544
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest howyousawtheworld
It reminds me of a AROBTTH era song with a bit of a twist...

Yeah - sounds like they've found a lost AROBTTH demo or something and added some ambience

i seriously hate it, it made me sick to my stomach, its soo badly mixed you cant hear nothing, the intro sounds like someone swinging a cat by its tail and chris' voice is autotoned, and the wa-wa-wa-waterfall is just embarresing...this IS the worst coldplay song...Coldplay is the new Ke$ha...

i seriously hate it, it made me sick to my stomach, its soo badly mixed you cant hear nothing, the intro sounds like someone swinging a cat by its tail and chris' voice is autotoned, and the wa-wa-wa-waterfall is just embarresing...this IS the worst coldplay song...Coldplay is the new Ke$ha...

Better than being the new Rebecca Black! :dozey:

Night!

Do you have a link to ETIAW? I've been looking forward to hearing it live!

For things like that: Just have a look at the gig thread. :idea2:

I already put the videos we have in the first post.

The rest: you can find it in the last pages of the Rock Im Park thread.

Hopefully in the morning there'll be some new, FULL, songs on youtube. For all the excitement that there was for every teardrop is a waterfall, this should be just as, if not more, exciting.

i really hope so, cause ETIAW is a spit in the face for me, but at the moment im more worried than excited :\

It was horribly overplayed which meant it's barely listened to on my ipod but I have to agree. When I first heard it Viva was a great pop song. Great pop like Take On Me by a-ha but obviously not quite as great.

I agree with you on this one. When I listened to VLV for the first time, I knew that I loved it immediately. However, the song was way overplayed on the radio and so I don't ever feel the same enthusiasm I had initially for VLV. I never listen to VLV (the song) any more.:\

As to ETIAW, this song has grown on me and now I rate it a 10. I love everything about it. I don't understand why people are so averse to coldplay have some pop-ish songs. :bomb: It's not the end of the world. Besides I have no doubt that they will have rock songs in the new album.

for some reason, people think that because its a pop song its not good. on the contrary, its because its not good at all that it's not liked. i loved VLV and love C-play's hits just as much as the next person, but if you compare it to pop hits, this doesn't rank in the top-20 currently, and to be honest, if doesn;t compare to born this way AS A POP SONG and i hate lady gaga!!!

every teardrop will be a HIT

The new single is going to be a massive hit on the mainstream radio...I actually think is a CLASSIC GOOD OLD FASHIONED pop song...but is it a good Coldplay song?? mmm...hard to say...I don't think so.

this is going to be a hit on the next tour as well because (you have to admit) it has everything to be that...but isn't what VLV was already? but VLV has something more than the rhythm..it has MEANING and it's an intelligent song...but this?? God!! I'm worried!

if this would have been the first single of a brand new pop artist, it would have been great, but this is a single from the same guys that delivered to the world songs like Yellow, Clocks, Politik, and even Viva la Vida....guess we're gonna have to wait to hear the entire album

In response to Debs, I'm gonna go ahead and say.. I'm entitled to my own opinion.

Yes, I love this band. Yes, I have for a long time. But I don't have to love everything they release. This just so happened to be a song that, to me, sounds like everything else on the radio that I less than like, but I'm not going to say I hate Coldplay. If LP5 is full of songs like this, then no, I won't be buying it because I'm not "with the boys through thick and thin". I listen to music I like, not music released by bands I like. There is a clear and distinct difference, and while I'm all for musical evolution (loved VLVODAAHF), this is not the kind of musical evolution I was expecting.

Coldply's entitled to make whatever kind of music they want, and if they're happy, I'm happy. I just won't listen to it.

Lighten up, everyone. Very few of us are actually hating on Coldplay here.

I voted 5 b/c not feeling that I like this poppy direction, after listening about five times, seriously, I can't listen anymore... but then again, who buys the records these days... maybe catering more to the mainstream pop audience. OH WELL, if the whole album goes this way... let them get it out of their system and I will still be waiting as a huge Coldplay fan nevertheless. I may have to go dig the "disco ball" out of the attic! LOL

"Hear my prayer...May LP6 be recorded in the garage in analogue without all this processing, synths, sampling and Eno. Just do "Coldplay" without any outside influences and create your "own" music...beats or no beats, whatever... you know what I mean? Amen."

Really hoping LP5 is better than just this one song... anxious to see Coldplay at Lolla! :)

I voted 5 b/c not feeling that I like this poppy direction, after listening about five times, seriously, I can't listen anymore... but then again, who buys the records these days...

Very interesting point. While I obviously don't agree with the literal meaning of the statement, "...who buys the records these days...", while touring VLV Chris had stated in an interview that the listening patters of music has indeed changed over the last decade and they wanted their next release to kind of embrace that. Maybe by having a more accessible sound like that of ETIAW allows the casual listener to pick and choose the songs they like.

For the record, I personally hate this aspect of modern music because rather than being about establishing the song within the context of an album, there's a real fast food/confectionary store mentality to it where it's merely about taking the bits you like and basing the album on that. Before iTunes, this did happen with things like piracy, but not to the extent that it's at now where it's commercially advantageous and in full practice.

HAHA, I love how some people who were totally dogging the song are now trying to back track a bit after Debs post. Seriously, it's fine to have an opinion and post it, but you all need to learn not to get so emotional and post things you might later regret.

At least Debs can see the poll is trending in a positive way (ratings of 6 or above), which means it reflects the majority.

If LP5 is full of songs like this, then no, I won't be buying it because I'm not "with the boys through thick and thin". I listen to music I like, not music released by bands I like. There is a clear and distinct difference..

Exactly :clap:

Very interesting point. While I obviously don't agree with the literal meaning of the statement, "...who buys the records these days...", while touring VLV Chris had stated in an interview that the listening patters of music has indeed changed over the last decade and they wanted their next release to kind of embrace that. Maybe by having a more accessible sound like that of ETIAW allows the casual listener to pick and choose the songs they like.

For the record, I personally hate this aspect of modern music because rather than being about establishing the song within the context of an album, there's a real fast food/confectionary store mentality to it where it's merely about taking the bits you like and basing the album on that. Before iTunes, this did happen with things like piracy, but not to the extent that it's at now where it's commercially advantageous and in full practice.

True that... or you could say does todays artist, and I say "artist" follow his true creativity or chooses the money trail. The corporate media moguls decide what gets played on the radio and TV, so alot of it today is learning how to play the game or.... you loose!

HAHA, I love how some people who were totally dogging the song are now trying to back track a bit after Debs post. Seriously, it's fine to have an opinion and post it, but you all need to learn not to get so emotional and post things you might later regret.

At least Debs can see the poll is trending in a positive way (ratings of 6 or above), which means it reflects the majority.

True. I am guilty of that but lesson learned from me. Cuz I realized I gotta make up my mind about how I feel about a song first. I did feel the way I felt in my posts at the time though. I think I have a right to change my mind in any case. Even if I were to totally trash the song and say I hated it (which I didn't) I would like to feel that I can change my mind about it an decide to totally love it :P

I voted 5 b/c not feeling that I like this poppy direction, after listening about five times, seriously, I can't listen anymore... but then again, who buys the records these days... maybe catering more to the mainstream pop audience. OH WELL, if the whole album goes this way... let them get it out of their system and I will still be waiting as a huge Coldplay fan nevertheless. I may have to go dig the "disco ball" out of the attic! LOL

"Hear my prayer...May LP6 be recorded in the garage in analogue without all this processing, synths, sampling and Eno. Just do "Coldplay" without any outside influences and create your "own" music...beats or no beats, whatever... you know what I mean? Amen."

Really hoping LP5 is better than just this one song... anxious to see Coldplay at Lolla! :)

Cool you're going to lolla too :)

Cool you're going to lolla too :)

Yes!!!! And I hope I will like this song better live... cause I never like Lovers In Japan ... I skipped that song on album until I went to live show and I guess the butterflies changed my mind.. heh! Muse and Foofighters w. Coldplay makes a perfect weekend!