✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall / Major Minus / Moving To Mars - CD, vinyl and digital release

• Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OH and other stuff from instruments related with songs:

major minus: chris guitar, jackets from ALL "got one eye on the road and one on you"

charlie brown: 1- chris piano " I stoled a key" 2- "samshed my heart" jonny's guitar

princess of china: background slideshow , "wear a ring" guy bass.

hurts like heaven is pretty obious, the MX of the website, the walking man, and lyrics, dont remember were.

us against the world: "lions den" jonny guitar

weird but i have never seen something related with ETIAW maybe im missing something:

extras:

the ufo thing (its everywhere)

golden arrow (POC SLIDESHOw ) (posible song name)

"no me llores" (latin that stands for "dont cry" ) (chris second acustic guitar)

and the popular MX , xyrobytes or something like that, in the slideshow for poc

thats what i have found... :)

I just put this in the Twitter thread, before I saw this thread:

So they release it the day it comes out. We all buy it (some of us out of loyalty more than anything else)

They release it physcally WEEKS after it orginally comes out. We all buy it for the collectors stuff.

They then say "oh actually we have this bundle on iTunes with extra tracks". We all buy again.

So we're all gonna own this song three times! They had better not put it on the album cos I certainly do not want to own it four times!

:lol: yeah this

I'm thinking about buying the vinyl+cd+print thing but I hate the song so I'm not sure about it. The artwork doesn't help, it's ugly! The blue vinyl is cute though :wacky:

Im thinking that the extra tracks on the itunes bundle will be live tracks or maybe even a remix. with the exception of Major Minus I don't think there will be another "new" song. Of course I could be (and hope that I am) wrong.

my PREDICTION

01. Every Teardrop is a Waterfall

02. Major Minus

03. Every Teardrop is a Waterfall (Live from ?????)

04. Every Teardrop is a Waterfall (????? Remix)

I sure hope there's not a remix. That song is bad enough on its own. I'd hate to hear what a remix of it sounds like. D:

can a b - side from a single make ot to an album??

If it does, it's usually a bonus track of some sort, like on a deluxe edition or something.

My prediction for LP5 (probably all wrong but why not to try?)

1- Hurts like heaven

2- UFO

3- No me llores

4- Us against the world

5- Major Minus

6- Up with the birds

7- Golden arrow

8- charlie brown

9- Car Kids

10- Princess of China

11- Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall

(chris said at least 3 tracks with U. ufo. up with the brids. us against the world)

(chris said ETIAW would likely to be the album closer)

I mean you dont say we are releasing a b - sinde, you just release it wit the single, the thing you are releasing is the single but coldplay says they are releasing a brand new song ON the single, AND MORE SONGS, maybe a small EP, maybe a EP, who knows, lets wait for next week to see how many songs will it have , and which ones, totally new, or the ones played at rock am ring... etc....

A physicle release, especially such a bundle and a coloured Vinyl is pretty awesome!!! Very happy about it =)

A digital itunes only bundle with additional songs... alright, I'd rather have it on physical formats and if that's not possible, I'd rather buy it somewhere else, but I'm ok with that. Might be my first itunes purchase...

A digital bundle such as this one announced weeks after most of the die-hards had already bought a digital version appears bold. Even if you can upgrade on itunes, I'd have to buy the complete bundle because I avoid itunes and therefore bought it somewhere else.

I'm a convinced purchaser of music. But I don't like that to be exploited. To be fair, at least Coldplay never released a "Tour edition/Extra edition/Remastered only one year after release edition/..." of an album. And I sincerely hope they're not drifting into that direction. Because I'm not willing to waste my money.

it is most certainly going to be on the album. the band doesn't need to confirm it. after three years away (to most non fans in the world) their first new song wouldn't not be on the album.
So you're saying that Christmas Lights is going to be on LP5?

and all these people talking about buying the song five times or whatever - you're not REALLY buying the song five times. if you buy the cd/lp bundle you're buying it to have it. not to listen to ETIAW. you're buying it to be an "ultimate" fan.
Yes, it REALLY is buying to song five times (assuming the description of the bundles on the band's website):

1. purchase original release June 3rd

2. purchase vinyl as collectible

3. purchase CD as collectible

4. purchase digital download because the vinyl/CD won't arrive until weeks later so you want to listen to the other songs in the meantime

5. if it's on LP5 (as you insist it has to be)

That's 5. If it's not on LP5, then 4.

And I don't understand how NOT buying those makes someone a not "ultimate" fan.

Yes, it REALLY is buying to song five times (assuming the description of the bundles on the band's website):

4. purchase digital download because the vinyl/CD won't arrive until weeks later so you want to listen to the other songs in the meantime

:lol:

You don't have to buy all.

If you already bought it and want a physical buy the cd is 2£

then it's not too expensive ...

:lol:

You don't have to buy all.

I'd you already bought it and want a physical buy the cd is 2£

then it's not too expensive ...

Well no of course not (I certainly won't), but it was in a response to him saying that people who do want the CD/vinyl won't essentially (eventually) end up buying it 5 times. Because they will.

A physicle release, especially such a bundle and a coloured Vinyl is pretty awesome!!! Very happy about it =)

A digital itunes only bundle with additional songs... alright, I'd rather have it on physical formats and if that's not possible, I'd rather buy it somewhere else, but I'm ok with that. Might be my first itunes purchase...

A digital bundle such as this one announced weeks after most of the die-hards had already bought a digital version appears bold. Even if you can upgrade on itunes, I'd have to buy the complete bundle because I avoid itunes and therefore bought it somewhere else.

I'm a convinced purchaser of music. But I don't like that to be exploited. To be fair, at least Coldplay never released a "Tour edition/Extra edition/Remastered only one year after release edition/..." of an album. And I sincerely hope they're not drifting into that direction. Because I'm not willing to waste my money.

Ita clearly EMI that needs money..

Plus :sad: I'm pissed off they released only 1 DVD of 4 big tours

Plus :sad: I'm pissed off they released only 1 DVD of 4 big tours

This annoys me quite a lot, I mean is it too much to ask that we can have another DVD at some point?! :inquisitive:

As for the ETIAW/MM business...yes it's bad that we have to buy it numerous times to get all the extra content BUT nobody is making us buy all the editions. It's down to personal choice on whether you want to buy it or not. If they both appear on the album fine. You'll be buying the album because you want the other new tracks that will be on there.

Anyway, I've pre ordered the bundle and I'll get the iTunes stuff when it comes out too. I have some money sitting in my iTunes account so it would be rude not to buy it :P

Correct me if i'm wrong here... Didn't X&Y have a 'Tour Edition' in some territories?

and then there was the Viva La Vida Prospekts Edition?

For this we've paid 99p for the single,

now £9 for the bundle,

and then it'll be at least another £1.99 for the iTunes bundle,

and then we'll get the same 2 songs on the album (maybe)

i'm not really complaining as i'm happy to have new stuff... but I'm not really made of money. :/ ...Got glasto to go to next week!

^^.

they recorded so many gigs including barcelona one ..

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NSP4N2EiqLQ&sns=tw]YouTube - ‪Coldplay - "Viva La Vida" Live from the Viva La Vida World Tour unreleased DVD in Barcelona‬‏[/ame]

And didn't release it :mad:

Well no of course not (I certainly won't), but it was in a response to him saying that people who do want the CD/vinyl won't essentially (eventually) end up buying it 5 times. Because they will.

Carrie, you are full of win. That is all.

For those who already bought ETIAW

I'm not sure, but I already have ETIAW on iTunes, and since Major Minus is gonna be released as a b-side, I really hope this doesn't mean I will have to get it again. Do you think we'll be able to but Major Minus by itself?