✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall / Major Minus / Moving To Mars - CD, vinyl and digital release

etiaw80.jpg

Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall / Major Minus - CD, vinyl and digital release

16 June 2011 12:08 am

Pre-order the CD single and 7-inch vinyl of the new single now

news_line.png

singlespack.jpg

Good afternoon. We're pleased to report that Coldplay will release a CD, limited edition 7-inch blue vinyl and two digital bundles of the new single Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall on Monday 27th June.

The brand new track Major Minus will be available on all formats. An exclusive version of the digital bundle - available only in iTunes Stores - will also include additional tracks to be announced next week.

Full formats are as follows:

7-inch:

1. – Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall

2. – Major Minus

Die-cut sleeve and colored blue vinyl

CD:

1. Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall

2. Major Minus

Standard digital bundle:

1.Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall

2. Major Minus

Exclusive iTunes digital bundle:

1.Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall

2. Major Minus

Plus additional tracks to be announced next week

The 7-inch and CD are available to pre-order now from digitalstores.co.uk/coldplay - where they're also offering a bundle containing an exclusive print. Digitalstore ship worldwide. The CD and 7-inch will also be released internationally in July (the digital bundles will be released worldwide on 27th June).

Anchorman

• Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When they have recorded Major Minus, and other track will be released soon digital...

Does 'other tracks' mean an album, or have they again to many songs (like Prospekt's March) ?

So we will soon know a bit more how the album sounds, what Brian and the four and the person who mixes the songs want us to hear (so produced like Viva or more natural like A Rush... or even something else ?

Didn't Mercury said last year they would not longer produce singles as cd, only digital ?

AHHH new coldlay release :):):) smiley-spamming yeah !

EDIT: the release is the monday after their Glastonbury show. I think we can really expect something great on the Saturday in 9 days :)

I just put this in the Twitter thread, before I saw this thread:

So they release it the day it comes out. We all buy it (some of us out of loyalty more than anything else)

They release it physcally WEEKS after it orginally comes out. We all buy it for the collectors stuff.

They then say "oh actually we have this bundle on iTunes with extra tracks". We all buy again.

So we're all gonna own this song three times! They had better not put it on the album cos I certainly do not want to own it four times!

This is unbelievable. I am pretty sure no one on this forum was expecting this. Right now, there's a lot of confusion as to what will finally be in LP5. Maybe, after all, they have decided to release songs in single format and what we will finally get on the album will be totally different of the music that is going to be released via singles. I pretty hope so, since as already many have pointed out, it would not be very cool to buy all the songs that will finally end on the album in single format first. Anyhow, it is clear that they are trying a new direction on the way they are releasing their music. Hopefully it will work and we will be pretty happy.

I just put this in the Twitter thread, before I saw this thread:

So they release it the day it comes out. We all buy it (some of us out of loyalty more than anything else)

They release it physcally WEEKS after it orginally comes out. We all buy it for the collectors stuff.

They then say "oh actually we have this bundle on iTunes with extra tracks". We all buy again.

So we're all gonna own this song three times! They had better not put it on the album cos I certainly do not want to own it four times!

pretty clever way to get a number1 lol:laugh3:

Guest kmm1482
For me, this means that the stuff being released now, is not even album-worthy... maybe they have even better songs up their sleaves?!:D

That's what I'm thinking! Maybe the songs went over SO well at festival that they're releasing them early and the songs Chris keeps coming up with more suit the album and are replacing these singles.

I really thought Major Minus was going to be in the album. But now it doesn't make much sense to release it as a b-side to ETIAW and then release again in the album. After all, maybe all the new songs we have heard until now won't even feature on LP5. That would be great news, but I highly doubt it.

Btw, can the iTunes exclusive bundle be pre-ordered now?