✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall / Major Minus / Moving To Mars - CD, vinyl and digital release

There's already a huge thread concerning the purchases of the single, vinyl, bundle, etc. and predictions of such things. You should join the discussion there.

Mods, could you please merge this? Thank you.

• Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Correct me if i'm wrong here... Didn't X&Y have a 'Tour Edition' in some territories?

and then there was the Viva La Vida Prospekts Edition?

1st one could be, don't know and don't really care about it. At least it wasn't released here.

And the 2nd one doesn't count for me because you could also buy the Prospekt's March EP alone. That really was well done.

The only thing that's a bit annoying is that they released the single as a 1-song download and then releasing it with all the extra stuff. But then again it's only 1 € I paid and I'm quite happy to get a physical copy now.

There's already a huge thread concerning the purchases of the single, vinyl, bundle, etc. and predictions of such things. You should join the discussion there.

Mods, could you please merge this? Thank you.

Just done that. :)

Correct me if i'm wrong here... Didn't X&Y have a 'Tour Edition' in some territories?

Yep, I have the X&Y Latin America Tour Edition, its cover is red and, apart from X&Y it brings a DVD with B-sides, pics and an interview.

BIG POST AHOY

Im thinking that the extra tracks on the itunes bundle will be live tracks or maybe even a remix. with the exception of Major Minus I don't think there will be another "new" song. Of course I could be (and hope that I am) wrong.

my PREDICTION

01. Every Teardrop is a Waterfall

02. Major Minus

03. Every Teardrop is a Waterfall (Live from ?????)

04. Every Teardrop is a Waterfall (????? Remix)

I'd say you're right on the money there.

Also, yes, I think you will need to buy ETIAW again to get Major Minus. It wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if that is what's done.

and all these people talking about buying the song five times or whatever - you're not REALLY buying the song five times. if you buy the cd/lp bundle you're buying it to have it. not to listen to ETIAW. you're buying it to be an "ultimate" fan.

Fark off, don't try and dress this up as being better than it really is. YES they are REALLY technically buying the song FIVE TIMES. The song is included in the total price - or else the iTunes speshul bundle would be the same price as the normal digital price, and it's not.

Also I collect various things, however I don't feel the need to buy every single item if I do not like it. It doesn't make me any less of a collector. Just like not buying every single song makes you any less of a fan. Plus, that "ultimate" fan is just some silly ideal.

And I don't understand how NOT buying those makes someone a not "ultimate" fan.

^ what I said above. It's just like the concept of "normal" people.

Unless major minus was only recently demoted to b-side. That would explain why the lyrics are on Chris guitar but it is not release as an A-side

This is what I suspect. Although, it could be less recent. The guitars and whatnot could have been planned out months before they started thinking of singles and tracklistings.

Am I the only one who wants a studio recording of Don Quixote as a B-side? :confused:

Oh no... *vomits*

That's years old man! You've got no hope.

and then there was the Viva La Vida Prospekts Edition?

Differences!

All X&Y Tour Edition added was all of the music videos on an extra DVD, plus HYSTW and Things I Don't Understand. HOWEVER you could not play this disc in a CD player, meaning the only time you could listen to those songs was to put it in the DVD player! However these two were available rather freely on the internets anyways before this release.

VLV Prospekt's Edition was merely VLV bundled with Prospekt's March.

Whereas here, ETIAW was originally released by itself, and then a while later they decide to re-release it with Major Minus.

@Cobalt

This is what I suspect. Although, it could be less recent. The guitars and whatnot could have been planned out months before they started thinking of singles and tracklistings.

This is most likely, with regar to one of the last tweets of Will. Until now, they havn't a final tracklist. It could be possible, that they planned with MM last year, but Chris wrote a brilliant new song or some plans for the guideline of the album changed, so MM was ripped off.

ALL THE SONGS THAT HAVE LYRICS PRINTED IN COLDPLAY INSTRUMENTS ARE ON THE LP5 FOR SURE!, AND THAT INCLUDES MAJOR MINUS, HURTS LIKE HEAVEN , PRINCESS OF CHINA , CHARLIE BROWN. AND THE MISTERIOUS TRACKS:

1- UFO

2- GOLDEN ARROW

3- CK (CAR KIDS)

4- NO ME LLORES (LATIN FOR: DON'T CRY TO ME)

5- MX

Have never seen ETIAW lyrics in their instruments, maybe a hint about ETIAW future...