✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Rate 'Major Minus' now!

busybeeburns

Please vote out of 10!

(Don't forget you can only vote once... make sure you're sure of your answer before scoring!)

STUDIO:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n1O9X0_WNTY]YouTube - ‪Coldplay - Major Minus (Official)‬‏[/ame]

LIVE:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=79ojmqJFfR0]YouTube - ‪Coldplay - " Major Minus " HQ Live @ Rock am Ring festival : Nürburgring, Germany‬‏[/ame]

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ill listen to it more times

But hugely dissapointed about what they did to Chris Martin´s voice,

Its probably Will singing on the back.

Live version > this version

On the other hand,

Studio version sounds more powerfull,and the "UHH" is better than live.

Guest howyousawtheworld

Hmmm. I actually like the production on Chris's voice for once. It ain't just a lazy overdubbing like some other Coldplay tracks. It's different I'll give them that and I liked it...a lot! A song that will definitely need to blast through my stereos to wake up the neighbourhood.

8/10

Now i know why ETIAW and MM (studio version - live was better) didn't made for LP5 :). 7/10. My hopes for MTM to be my 10of10 - rising :).

Sadly I think MTM would have also "computer" voice, maybe because Chris thinks computer = technical = astronomy = solar system / space / stars. Would be lame if true.

Live: 9/10

Studio: 5.5/10

What a disappointment this, they ruined Chris amazing voice and Jonny's guitar skills a bit. I need to listen more and more to get used to it, if I ever will be. I think I will listen the Live version more, which I already did a lot the past weeks.

I like the fact that it's, like they say, overproduced. It fits the era, and they're clearly doing something different, something new.

And this definitely proves to me that the new era is NOT mainstream music. Whether you like the song or not, you just definitely don't usually hear stuff like this on radio.