✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Rate 'Major Minus' now!

busybeeburns

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest howyousawtheworld
^ It seems you don't listen radio. Right after premier on BBC they played Foster The People - Pumped Up Kicks and I found this song superior to MM.

Quite frankly people don't have to listen to one song after the other to be tagged as someone who doesn't listen to radio. Who gives a flying fuck whether people listen to the radio or not? If they're not they're probably listening to the greatest albums of all time while you listen to your shit that is Foster The People.

Eh . . . the live version is definitely a 10/10 no question. Could've been my all-time favorite song.

The studio version does too things wrong: it distorts Chris's voice and it takes away the echoes that were so awesome in the live versions. I give it a 7.5/10.

All in all, both versions considered, I give it an 8/10

EDIT: Although I have to admit that the vocals are slowly growing on me :uneasy:

Quite frankly people don't have to listen to one song after the other to be tagged as someone who doesn't listen to radio. Who gives a flying fuck whether people listen to the radio or not? If they're not they're probably listening to the greatest albums of all time while you listen to your shit that is Foster The People.

You missed the point. Like always.

here's my take from the WoM

I like the song more than ETIAW... then again I'd like almost anything more than that.

But I really hate that distorted vocals. Also I really don't like the melody of the verses and the lyrics... I find it to be a bit annoying to be honest. I do like the chorus bit somewhat. But to me this song has U2 written all over it. Also his vocals during the bridge is extremely annoying how high up he gets.

The song is mediocre. Not a huge fan of it, but it's not horrible.

I'd give the song a 4/10

Guest howyousawtheworld
You missed the point. Like always.

There is no point to answer to in your posts....like always.

Well, like I said in the comparison of versions thread: I don't like the production. More Eno trademarks than Coldplay trademarks which is not a producer's job.

Live: 10/10

Studio: don't know yet. 6/10 and that would be one my worst Coldplay ratings. It might grow a little. It's just such a pity because it's such a fantastic song, actually.

I think musicians should stick more to what they'd like to do live. They could easily make it sound more like the studio version on their gigs but they don't seem to want to. And I'm glad about it.

I liked the song so much more live to be honest. The sound popped a lot more. The studio version is too muddled. You can barely hear Chris's voice, Johnnys guitar or anything.

They also don't give him the same part after the first verses. Maybe they'll do another version of the song (ala Lovers in Japan Osaka Sun Remix) where they add those little bits in.

Who knows.

Live I'd give the song an 7 or 8. But the studio version is like a 5 or 6 at the highest. It's kind of a boring song...which I haven't felt a Coldplay song was since the X & Y era.

agree with the major-ity of posts so far! (see what I did there!) - Live version p*sses all over the studio one. Really not a fan of the studio one at all.

Studio F mInus!!

Live - A+

= overall score for the song of 8..

Don't let Eno tinker with the good stuff boys!! We really don't want to hear news in a few years that you're writing the music for Twilight - the musical!! Leave that dirge stuff to U2 please!