✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Is Charlie Brown THE BEST Coldplay song...EVER??

LetsTalk212

And btw, I can say that ;)

Exactly, because it's your opinion, and should therefore be respected.:cool:

I'm not gonna feel offended and I think Fix42YellowClocks went a little over the top but I can easily see how people can feel offended by some of your posts.

In what way?

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What have I even done? ... And this is interesting... but I'm going to say it the last ten posts or so should maybe have a new thread where people can discuss however they feel about it. I don't see how it's related to Charlie Brown, you know? I'm just thinking about the people who want to talk about the song and whether or not it's the best and not what musical genre Coldplay is classified in. It might make matters easier. What do you think NumbersGirl? :thinking: Just a suggestion if I may.

@Lore: Opinions ;)

Well, I'm out of here for now and let you stay in the belief you knew everything better than anyone else in here.

lol I've never said that, that just shows you don't have a valid answer actually. I just asked if have you even listened to those albums.

I just asked if have you even listened to those albums.

No, I have two of them signed by the band's singer and went to Travis and Fran Healy concerts but never listened to a single song of one of their albums. That's why I referred to them.

No, I have two of them signed by the band's singer and went to Travis and Fran Healy concerts but never listened to a single song of one of their albums. That's why I referred to them.

Well in that case I don't understand how can you say they're pop and coldplay aren't. There's no need to show off. Even I've met them anyway.

You should man. They're pretty great, no lie. [: They're not Coldplay-great but they're still in my top 5 favorite bands. Coldplay got a decent amount of influences from them early on- Parachutes especially.

Well in that case I don't understand how can you say they're pop and coldplay aren't.

Which I never did.

And there was no showing off, just stating how ridiculous your question was.

You should man. They're pretty great, no lie. [: They're not Coldplay-great but they're still in my top 5 favorite bands. Coldplay got a decent amount of influences from them early on- Parachutes especially.

My post was extremely ironic ;)

Coldplay is a litle more rocky. Both of them are not very alternative, maybe a little. But as I said, those distinctions are somewhat subjective and arbitrary.

No, I do not think that it is the best song to date. Its a good song, though.

When I heard the guitar solo from Johnny Buckland in Major Minus I thought that would be the best Coldplay song, even better that Viva La Vida, but when I heard the studio version on ETDIAW (ep) I was dissapointed because it didnt have the same atmosphere that the live version did. So we will have to wait until the studio version comes out to see how good it is.

Same here, and they also show up under Rock. My point was that they do also show up under Pop, so people can't say that they are in no way Pop.

Well, I suppose pop music is just music that's popular :). I mean, Coldplay definitely is popular, there's no denying it. As for the more electronic type of pop music, they also have other genres, Lady Gaga and Madonna make dance music, Beyoncé performs R&B and Soul music, etc. So I guess Coldplay can be considered pop music as well as rock music and it doesn't mean that it's commerce, it means that people have good musical tastes :D.

The more they play CB at several festivals, the more i recognize new sounds in this song. When i heard it first at Rock am Ring the guitar sounded more "clear"...now the whole guitar sounds different,more electronic and "space-like":) same with the background music, i always feel remembered on Aliens or something like that ! Right ?

Yes it gets better and better :)

The thing is, I think I'm starting to prefer Hurts Like Heaven, which I absolutely never expected. I always loved how it soars...but my word it seems to soar higher on every listen.

Both are 'classic' Coldplay songs already in my book, as is UAtW, also.

All three better be on the album!

Yes it gets better and better :)

The thing is, I think I'm starting to prefer Hurts Like Heaven, which I absolutely never expected. I always loved how it soars...but my word it seems to soar higher on every listen.

Both are 'classic' Coldplay songs already in my book, as is UAtW, also.

All three better be on the album!

+7,000. Add Moving to Mars to this and we're golden! Although I'm not sure whether or not that'll make it after all so...yeah. :thinking:

^ I would think that Jonny has written 99% (if not all) of them. Although I suppose that most of them are dictated by the lyrical structure--which are probably created by Chris.

So in other words:

Lyrics --> determine Beat --> determines instrumental structure (i.e. Jonny's riffs, Will's drumbeat, etc.)

So Jonny writes them, but I'm sure Chris, Guy, and Will have some part in it.

^ I would think that Jonny has written 99% (if not all) of them. Although I suppose that most of them are dictated by the lyrical structure--which are probably created by Chris.

So in other words:

Lyrics --> determine Beat --> determines instrumental structure (i.e. Jonny's riffs, Will's drumbeat, etc.)

So Jonny writes them, but I'm sure Chris, Guy, and Will have some part in it.

But what about a solo like the solo in Moving To Mars or In My Place, where Jonny just riffs the melody of the song. I assume Chris wrote the melodies and Jonny just plans them out on the guitar?

No, I do not think that it is the best song to date. Its a good song, though.

When I heard the guitar solo from Johnny Buckland in Major Minus I thought that would be the best Coldplay song, even better that Viva La Vida, but when I heard the studio version on ETDIAW (ep) I was dissapointed because it didnt have the same atmosphere that the live version did. So we will have to wait until the studio version comes out to see how good it is.

i thought that too :cry:

I think Chris writes lyrics and accompanies himself on piano/guitar and from that they can form a song together, I think everyone pretty much writes their own parts but the others give suggestions etc and they do it together. With the melody for example, I think they use what Chris has written and then Jon tries some stuff and they see what they like and this can be very much along the melody Chris has written or something entirely different. And the songs don't always start with Chris' part, I think they sometimes start with the drums or base or maybe with a riff. Or they'll use stuff from discarded songs.

There are a million ways they can write songs, and I'm sure they use them all because that'll keep them creative and different. But I'm sure the process is that they work together all the time but write mainly for their own parts in doing that.