✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Is Charlie Brown THE BEST Coldplay song...EVER??

LetsTalk212

I think that's the kid from Australia. He's awesome. I've seen a bunch of his piano covers.

lol, i never knew that. i checked his twitter and he also lives in my hometown (Perth).

If anyone loves coldplay piano covers, then subscribe to this guy. I remember when ETIAW and christmas lights came out, he literally uploaded the piano covers around 4-5 hours after its release. He's also done piano covers of the majority of coldplay's songs

http://www.youtube.com/user/0AdRiaNleE0

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

definitely the best version of CB! i love the start especially and chris's count in "Ready boys! a 1, 2 a 1 2 3 go!"

I'm praying for an amzing studio version :) btw, for me, their best new song is a tie between Hurts Like Heaven and this

While this is clearer, I think the Glastonbury performance was better.

Not the best ever, we must wait until the whole album is released, I'm sure that they have left the best for the final and if they have lasted three years to finish the LP5 they"ll gives amazwesome songs, (but it is the best by now!!!!

Best coldplay song ever honestly.

It sends shivers (no pun intended :L) down my spine in the live version! The intro is amazing, and (live) when he introduces Johnny he does some shouting/singing and that just makes me go "hdsjdsdsh NEED.STUDIO.VERSION!"

:)

I`m so in love with this song! Have to see it live again and again!! Hopefully they return to Europe with a new tour soon!!! :D

It was the concert opener at their first show this year at Rock im Park! It was amazing! They changend its position with 'hurts like heaven' in the setlist after that. Any speculations about why they might have changed it:D

Is there any way we could get a video of that Splendour performance?

Here's one: [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jSIceQ6TxLk]‪Coldplay - Charlie Brown [Live @ Splendour in the Grass 2011]‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

The guitar sounds a bit different from the other performances (including the Jimmy Kimmel one).

Maybe it's just slightly off tune.

hopefully, it won't be the best song of LP5.

They have like, what? 16 songs they still haven't performed yet? I'm positive they're saving some really good ones JUST for the album's release!

This EP thing was actually quite genius. Coldplay's been gone for a while, so they release ETIAW (that's good but not too memorable) just to get people's attention and talking about Coldplay again, they play some new stuff live, and then they wait. This builds up suspense.

Obviously Chris Martin and Co. think that Charlie Brown is going to be the biggest hit because they're endorsing it on Jimmy Kimmel.

But I also hope that we get another fantastic song, apart from Charlie.

If Charlie Brown, Hurts Like Heaven and ETIAW all make it then this would probably make it my 3rd favorite album of theirs at worst.

While A Rush of Blood to the Head has more songs I like better, Viva flows much better as an album for me, which is why it's my favorite of theirs. It sounds like this album is going to have a fairly consistent sound and theme (and loud and quiet songs can still sound similar and have similar themes), but that is speculation as I have yet to hear 80+% of it.

I like charlie brown a lot but for some reason it's basically the same riff over and over again - don't get me wrong it's a catchy riff, but I feel it'll be a minor hit but not viva la vida level for sure. I really do hope they have at least 2 other grade A quality kind of songs that could become worldwide hits that they're saving for the album. Right now, I don't see that with Charlie Brown, and frankly having this recorded for the Jimmy Kimmel Show tells me that it might be their next single released from the album. Overall, not a strong single like Viva that's for sure. I hope that's not the case bc they need a strong single which I think ETIAW was but not strong enough apparently.

^It is the same riff again and again but for me thats what makes it great and full of energy. Kinda Johnny Marr-ish. And I really could'nt care less about the commercial side of it. How big it is going to be especially compared to Viva. I mean, really do you want it on the airwaves so much that the song gets saturated and sucked the life out of?