✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Is Charlie Brown THE BEST Coldplay song...EVER??

LetsTalk212

The more I listen to this song, the more it continues to hit me: this may be their biggest and best song to date. It will undoubtedly be a fixture at the end of their live sets for eternity, along with Viva. I think it ends up being the lead single from LP5. They are pushing it hard on the crowd at these festivals.

So my question is, when LP5 is said and done, do you think Charlie Brown ends up being remembered as their most successful and/or best track to date?

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IMO too soon to tell, though it most certainly is my favorite of the new songs they've played live (want to hear moving to mars live) It's got such an instant classic feel to it, but I want to wait till the album comes out before I put it up there with Politik, Yelllow, Fix you, Clocks and Viva la Vida. (Those are not my top 5 songs, just some of the ones I think are very successful and popular among most fans)

How can someone say that when we haven't even listened to the studio version?. Even if the live version is awesome (I think it sounds lovely and it's a good pop song), it's too soon to judge.

How can someone say that when we haven't even listened to the studio version?. Even if the live version is awesome (I think it sounds lovely and it's a good pop song), it's too soon to judge.

GET OUT OF HERE :snobby:

:P

It's a pretty good song, but it doesn't really compare to the likes of Clocks, Amsterdam, The Scientist, Fix You etc. And the studio version will probably be an over-produced mess like ETIAW and to some extent Major Minus.

It's a pretty good song, but it doesn't really compare to the likes of Clocks, Amsterdam, The Scientist, Fix You etc. And the studio version will probably be an over-produced mess like ETIAW and to some extent Major Minus.

I share your fears, partly. But I trust what they're doing.

Guest howyousawtheworld

Can't fully judge until we've heard the studio version but I see no harm in judging it already if you want to from the live version alone. From what I've heard from the live version I think it is up there with the best they've written. For me it's probably the best live song they've ever performed and this is a song with no crowd involvement. Songs like In My Place and Viva La Vida only work with the whole crowd joining in but because the crowd don't know this one they can't really join in but still is able to work it's way to epicness live!

That poppy guitar hook from Jonny is just instantly loveable. A perfect pop song!

It's close. Very very close. Right up there next to "I Ran Away" for me. It was one of those songs where when I first heard it I thought "This is one of the best songs I've ever heard", so I'd say it's very close if not there already.

Not. Just because we haven't heard much from them for almost three years it doesn't mean this album will contain their best song ever. Lame to claim something like that. And Charlie Brown is a good song but not as good as their old songs. And I don't mean just Fix you and Viva la Vida. It's more simple than that.

This song freakin' rules! I don't think it's their best, but I go through a phase for every song. Each Coldplay song has been my favorite one at some point, except "A Whisper" for some reason. Charlie Brown might be one of those that stays my favorite for a VERY long time! Right now it's Moving to Mars though :D

And the studio version will probably be an over-produced mess like ETIAW and to some extent Major Minus.

I think that this is the only thig that can stop this song from beeing in the BEST EVER hall of Coldplay songs. For me, this song is MUCH better than Yellow and Viva La Vida, wich are good songs but not as great as people say so.... and it ties up with Clocks and In my Place.

It will definetly be in the setlist for ever.