✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Is Charlie Brown THE BEST Coldplay song...EVER??

LetsTalk212

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For me is "Charlie Brown" one of the Best from the new Songs, But i dont think they can beat my all time Favo "Politik"

I LOVE the new touches Jonny put on his Politik solo. I did not think I could love that song anymore than I already did, and when I was watching Glasto, it blew me away. It rocks live too, its one of the two of my personal favorites Ive seen of all the bands I love. I was mad when U2 didn't play Bad.

Now Im all gushy about Politik. I do believe Charlie Brown will be the lead single off the album, and it will rock the charts.

I bet that in about two or three years CB will be considered a classic Coldplay song and everyone will sing to it during the concerts. Maybe not their best song ever but of course it's on their top 5.

^ that's possible, CB has a great potential. It's too soon to tell if it's their best song, we haven't even heard the studio version yet, but it's definitely one of my favourites right now.

Guest howyousawtheworld
I said it from the very beginning "Cartoon Hearts" sounds better, why did they change it :(

Still great Song :P

Charlie Brown is far far better in my opinion. It fits the song's innocent feel!

It will never be as high up as any songs from Parachutes or AROBTTH or X&Y to me, it is a very good pop song but I will always prefer more rock and acoustic stuff.

Charlie Brown > all of X&Y for me. Already. :lol:

Besides, X&Y is pretty darn poppy. :confused:

The song reminded me of LiT 2 at first, but I think it's better (partially because I've always preferred instrumental LiT). Out of all the pop offerings we've heard so far from this new era, it shines brightest.

I think Charlie Brown is a stupid title for a song..

It's not that great of a title, but it's genius when compared to "Every Teardrop is a Waterfall".

Funny how a lot of people say that Major Minus is bad because of the distorted vocals (which is barely noticeable for me, seeing that other bands distort vocals to, sometimes to the point where it sounds like it comes out of a megaphone) yet have absolutely no problem with Charlie Brown, which has Chris' vocals sped up in Smurfs fashion (or kinda reminiscent of Woodstock, just to stay on topic;)). Though "Smurfs-intro" aside, I think it's a really good song, but I like Major Minus and even ETIAW better (the latter because of its brilliant riff by Jonny). Though I think it's a good song, I'd prefer Major Minus to be on the album, if I had to choose from the two songs.

Why does everyone keep calling it a "pop" song? Just because Coldplay is a popular band doesn't make it pop. No, not in my view anyway. Though it is JUST mine and everyone has theirs. :P

When I think of pop I think of Katy Perry, Rihanna, Lady Gaga, Bruno Mars, the Black Eyed Peas, Ke$ha, artists like that. Artists who have that 'signature' sound that is commercial garbage and are all sellouts for the most part. Coldplay is nothing like that.

Even ETIAW isn't like that, despite what people say. Most pop songs today don't feature acoustic guitars, insane riffs, and "face-melting" (I don't know who came up with that but I still love it!) bass, plus it hardly even has a chorus. Charlie Brown is no more than a great alternative rock song as far as I'm concerned. I mean there's less sonic landscapes, less violins, less synthesizer sounds on these new songs than Viva at any rate.

And Coldplay write songs with raw and deep, heartfelt meaning to them. Hardly any (if any at all) pop artists do that. Coldplay's not out for the money or the #1 singles. They're out to make the best damn music they can and go places they're never gone before to fulfill their talents to the fullest extent. Even the vocal part on Major Minus isn't really pop- it serves an intrinsic purpose, creating the alienation and creepy, "somebody's watching me" vibe to the song.

Why does everyone keep calling it a "pop" song? Just because Coldplay is a popular band doesn't make it pop. No, not in my view anyway. Though it is JUST mine and everyone has theirs. :P

When I think of pop I think of Katy Perry, Rihanna, Lady Gaga, Bruno Mars, the Black Eyed Peas, Ke$ha, artists like that. Artists who have that 'signature' sound that is commercial garbage and are all sellouts for the most part. Coldplay is nothing like that.

Even ETIAW isn't like that, despite what people say. Most pop songs today don't feature acoustic guitars, insane riffs, and "face-melting" (I don't know who came up with that but I still love it!) bass, plus it hardly even has a chorus. Charlie Brown is no more than a great alternative rock song as far as I'm concerned. I mean there's less sonic landscapes, less violins, less synthesizer sounds on these new songs than Viva at any rate.

And Coldplay write songs with raw and deep, heartfelt meaning to them. Hardly any (if any at all) pop artists do that. Coldplay's not out for the money or the #1 singles. They're out to make the best damn music they can and go places they're never gone before to fulfill their talents to the fullest extent. Even the vocal part on Major Minus isn't really pop- it serves an intrinsic purpose, creating the alienation and creepy, "somebody's watching me" vibe to the song.

Post of the freaking year.

You are so right! Also with ETIAW! Thumbs up!

Just :clap: