✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Radiohead

Here is Harmonic Loops, which debuted last night:

Someone mentioned on atease that it sounds like Feral, almost like part of the drums (at lease the beginning), which I would agree with. I don't think that this is a real song though, more like studio workings. Much like for the Dazed and Confused there was something called Bloom Treatments

Does anyone happen to have a DL link for last year's Coachella show? I've recently really gotten into Identikit and can't get enough of it. (The Coachella version is perfect.)
I haven't seen the Coachella version, but I keep watching the Austin City Limits version since the show is on my DVR. :dead:

love that song...

• 2 weeks later...

I wrote an article that's sort of not really to do with Radiohead and wanted to share it

WHAT’S THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN SAD MUSIC AND DEPRESSING MUSIC?

I’ll never forget the first time I ever heard the song How to Disappear Completely, partly because of how much of a cliche the event was.

I’d been advised by other Radiohead fans to listen to Kid A, so I put it on my iPod, and went for a walk by the river in the evening. The surface was shimmering and shapeshifting, mirroring the passing headlights, streetlights and the light from balconies of flats, that hung over the river like they were riding the crest of a wave. And that’s when I heard it: that gentle acoustic strum, the lilting melody and rise and fall of those mournful strings. It’s a man who’s so scared of something and all those instruments pop up from nowhere to put an arm round him and comfort him.

I thought it was the most beautiful song I’d ever heard. And then I Googled it, and realised that to a lot of people, it was one of the most depressing pieces of music ever released.

I’ve never understood the use of that adjective in relation to music though: what makes something depressing? Is it the key? The lyrics? The speed? Well, How to Disappear is in D Major, it’s vague lyrically and it’s not particularly slow. And if it’s depressing, does that mean it’s not any good?

It got me thinking about songs that make me depressed, and I don’t know if I’m alone, but the songs that make me depressed tend to be manufactured pop. I know, not particularly surprising maybe, but isn’t it a genre typically designed to instigate excitement and dancing, particularly in young people? I guess so. What makes a song depressing for me though is artlessness: I have no problem with any genre, but when so little effort has gone into it, that’s when a song truly transcends the “naff” category and heads for the plains of “good grief, shoot me now”.

There’s a moment in Doctor Who when a pre-Hollywood Carey Mulligan states that “sad is happy for deep people”. I don’t know if that’s true, but I certainly know that Radiohead make music that makes me inspired, uplifted, and shows me that I’m not alone. If someone’s poured their aching heart into a song and it makes you sad, why should you let that feeling depress you? Hell, someone had that much creativity to channel their sadness not into self-pity, but a beautiful piece of art that could touch others.

Maybe I’m getting old. Maybe I’m a depressed individual myself. But long live sadness: there are enough inanely happy people on the planet as it is.

Don't worry, I don't want journalistic feedback or whatever, just thought it may resonate to some.

for all those fans who don't have a tumblr or w.a.s.t.e.- or at ease thingy, this is a niceniceverynice interview led by alec baldwin and though it's just with thom and to promote amok, i still post it here cos whysoever.

http://www.factmag.com/2013/04/01/thom-yorke-interviewed-on-alec-baldwins-podcast/

oh and eddie, i haven't listened to your songs yet (:shy:) but you'll eventually get my musically illiterate feedback!

Could anyone tell me what Thom is saying right before the chorus in Dollars & Cents? I've googled, but it seems each site says something different. For example:

"Even when you turn the water red

Even when you turn the water green."

or

"Even when you talk the war games (?)"