✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Q302 - September 2011 - 'Laughing Boys' article (Coldplay) - Scan and transcript on pg. 8

busybeeburns

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think TBC means "to be confirmed" guys. As the article says, they were three possible titles at the time the interview was made.

I was only joking, but apparently I failed again. I'm not that stupid :p

Some people want Parachutes2, AROBTTH Reborn, X&Y's Twin or VLV Duplicate...but as another fan said...they're the best band in the world for a reason!

Whatever they release will be awesome...because it will be a new direction from what they've done. ETIAW is different...whether you love it or hate it....it is and from the other songs played at festivals...they are too! While ETIAW took awhile to grow on me...I love CB, HLH etc.

I for one think they won't disappoint. They never have and never will!:sneaky:

Uh sorry for being so skeptical, but if you are realistic, they have disappointed a few times, and no one is saying that they never will. Not everything they release is automatically good because it's Coldplay (e.g. ETIAW). Of course they make mistakes, and so do we, nobody's perfect and everyone will like different songs than others anyway.

So, I wonder, am I the only one who thinks synthpop/ electro-pop being associated to Coldplay sounds like cussing or even blasphemy?

Thanks for the scan and the transcript by the way :)

What so aaaall of the songs that weve heard already at the festivals are gonna be on the album? Dont get me wrong I love the songs, but I was hoping they would be b-sides, making room for more new songs that we havnt heard! This albums not gonna be very much of a surprise then is it when I'm singing along to half the songs on my first listen through!

What so aaaall of the songs that weve heard already at the festivals are gonna be on the album? Dont get me wrong I love the songs, but I was hoping they would be b-sides, making room for more new songs that we havnt heard! This albums not gonna be very much of a surprise then is it when I'm singing along to half the songs on my first listen through!

I really doubt it. I am positive the article is going off speculation.

July 27, 2011 - submitted by Valentina, Denmark

Q. Q Magazine has written a list of confirmed songs that will make the album cut, but I won't believe it until I hear it from you Oracle. Can you confirm or deny what Q magazine wrote?

The Oracle replies:

Within the first paragraph is the quote that the tracklisting "isn't quite there". That pretty much says it all really. The album is in the final stages and those confirmed songs have been recorded. It's worth remembering that magazines usually work around 2-3 months in advance. That interview took place in mid-June which was as late as Q could leave it before going to print for the September issue. At the time of print those songs may have been "confirmed" but it will be, as Will says, done at the last minute.

Oh and btw to the member that said that asking for new songs is greedy. . . WTF? Their job is to make music, which we buy. If I go to McDonalds and pay for a burger, then dammit I want a whole new burger, without last month's lettuce reused on it.

i would think of it more as them saying, "hey, this is the lettuce we're going to use on your burger," before they make it...

i would think of it more as them saying, "hey, this is the lettuce we're going to use on your burger," before they make it...

No, because when they say it is your lettuce, you don't eat or taste it. By contrast, music is something you listen to and we've already listened to more than half of the album, if it is true of course.

July 27, 2011 - submitted by Valentina, Denmark[/color][/b]

Q. Q Magazine has written a list of confirmed songs that will make the album cut, but I won't believe it until I hear it from you Oracle. Can you confirm or deny what Q magazine wrote?

The Oracle replies:

Within the first paragraph is the quote that the tracklisting "isn't quite there". That pretty much says it all really. The album is in the final stages and those confirmed songs have been recorded. It's worth remembering that magazines usually work around 2-3 months in advance. That interview took place in mid-June which was as late as Q could leave it before going to print for the September issue. At the time of print those songs may have been "confirmed" but it will be, as Will says, done at the last minute.

The Oracle brings hope to us Coldplayers yet again! :awesome:

I really hope that not all of these new songs make it on LP5 (Don't get me wrong, they're great, but by now they're old news). I want an album's worth of new songs, not an EP's worth. :\

July 27, 2011 - submitted by Valentina, Denmark[/color][/b]

The Oracle replies:

YES! I hope it has changed and ETIAW, MM and MTM aren't on it so we get more songs!!!!

I still don´t think Oracle replied to my question hehe But I guess no-one can except Coldplay themselves. As much as I like to believe everything is still up in the air, I still believe those songs will make the cut as they are clearly some of the band´s favorites and chosen to be played in the live shows.

I bet you ETIAW won't be on it. I'm honest. I know they made a video and everything, but the fact they haven't said directly that it WILL be on the album is good enough evidence! It's not even a confirmed single for the fifth album, it's like a single for the fifth album era .

Some people want Parachutes2, AROBTTH Reborn, X&Y's Twin or VLV Duplicate...but as another fan said...they're the best band in the world for a reason!

Whatever they release will be awesome...because it will be a new direction from what they've done. ETIAW is different...whether you love it or hate it....it is and from the other songs played at festivals...they are too! While ETIAW took awhile to grow on me...I love CB, HLH etc.

I for one think they won't disappoint. They never have and never

will!:sneaky:

That is true :D

I bet you ETIAW won't be on it. I'm honest. I know they made a video and everything, but the fact they haven't said directly that it WILL be on the album is good enough evidence! It's not even a confirmed single for the fifth album, it's like a single for the fifth album era .

Well I think it just means they still don't know for themselves, or at least haven't known for a long time.

I'm a bit late, but thanks for the scan (and the transcription)! Nothing is clear enough to have any certainty concerning the songs. Even the Oracle sort of implied it mightn't be true. Obviously the best thing to do is wait for the band themselves to announce this stuff. I don't trust magazines anymore :shrug: