✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

LP6

princesanji

No, he didn't say that, he mentioned that that's the direction they're considering right now. People read way to much into every little comment the band makes, which only leads to disappointment when things that are "confirmed" don't come to pass.

Um ok well he said they had an intimate project and an electric project and they were going with the intimate one first then he said they switched it and that they'll do the intimate one next

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Whatever they do, can they just please make an album? Without all this other strangeness attached? Please?

IMHO one thing is independent of the other. Doing all the other stuff in no way effects their ability to make a new album (especially since the band is minimally actually involved in anything other than the actual music). I'm not particularly interested in anything other than new music, but I don't see any of the other stuff posing a particularly big impediment to that.:)

No comics, never again please...(i don't mind movies though)

Again, I don't really see what the big deal is (and I'm in no way looking forward to the comic, and generally I love comics.) It's not like that project is actually keeping the band from doing other things. If you don't like it, just ignore it, it's completely created by outside artists, Chris' involvement is limited to the seed of the idea.:)

We're not even a year from LP5 so I'm not even going to think about LP6. That said, an EP would be nice...

If they don't tour as extensively though (which seems to be indicated at the moment.), it's more likely they'd release new material sooner. The main reason it usually takes them so long is that it takes about 2 years post album release for them to even get around to going back in the studio. Once they do that, it only takes them around a year to deliver something. (and from everything that's been written about their process, it seems like there's only about 6 months or so of actual work in that span of time.)

Lets hope that theyre not doing any stories in their albums anymore

Mylo Xyloto is being made into a comic, they look like interplanetary spies on the cover

Just a double album without any canon would be nice

By "lets hope" I assume you mean "I hope."

There are definitely a lot of fans who like the fact that there is a story to MX and who have enjoyed guessing and interpreting the story.

Id love to see some of the viva demos surface like bloodless revolution and the fall of man. Id also really like to see something done with bucket for a crown. Maybe the song they do with Noel?

I'm not sure songs like Bucket for a Crown were ever even demoed. I think they were just one off songs that Chris wrote to perform live.

I hated Bucket For A Crown. It's just okay.

I really don't think it was intended as an actual song. It has lyrics that specifically reference the event it was performed at. It really sounds like something Chris made up on the spur of the moment.

IMHO one thing is independent of the other. Doing all the other stuff in no way effects their ability to make a new album (especially since the band is minimally actually involved in anything other than the actual music). I'm not particularly interested in anything other than new music, but I don't see any of the other stuff posing a particularly big impediment to that.:)

Oh, nor do I. I just find the cominc immensely annoying,lol.

The movie, otoh? Bring it on!:D

By "lets hope" I assume you mean "I hope."

There are definitely a lot of fans who like the fact that there is a story to MX and who have enjoyed guessing and interpreting the story.

I'm one of them. I loved the concept album idea, and I admire them for trying it. I also loved that we could interpret the story our own way. I'm not sure I want 'the truth' to be revealed, but I'm curious.

I'm one of them. I loved the concept album idea, and I admire them for trying it. I also loved that we could interpret the story our own way. I'm not sure I want 'the truth' to be revealed, but I'm curious.

Same for me, totally :nod: