✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

LP6

princesanji

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm one of them. I loved the concept album idea, and I admire them for trying it. I also loved that we could interpret the story our own way. I'm not sure I want 'the truth' to be revealed, but I'm curious.

It could be worse, when KISS had a comic, it's selling point was that the band member's blood was mixed with the printer's ink.:rolleyes:

I really don't think it was intended as an actual song. It has lyrics that specifically reference the event it was performed at. It really sounds like something Chris made up on the spur of the moment.

Waaaait. He just made that up? I thought I heard people laughing at some of the lyrics. I just thought people were being rude, but maybe it was Chris being funny?

Waaaait. He just made that up? I thought I heard people laughing at some of the lyrics. I just thought people were being rude, but maybe it was Chris being funny?

I don't know for a fact that he did, but it sounds that way, and fits with the spirit of the event. Plus the fact that people laughed and he seemed to stumble his way through the lyrics a lot.

I don't know for a fact that he did, but it sounds that way, and fits with the spirit of the event. Plus the fact that people laughed and he seemed to stumble his way through the lyrics a lot.

That does make a lot of sense.

Thanks, fakfak!

It could be worse, when KISS had a comic, it's selling point was that the band member's blood was mixed with the printer's ink.:rolleyes:

Haha, yeah. Well, that's sort of what this is making me think of. KISS were/are the kings of cheesey merch and I pray to God that Coldplay don't go too far down this road.

(Actually, I'd buy Coldplay dolls,lol.;))

4kd0uc.png

I really don't think it's the same thing, but it still makes me uncomfortable.

^ Wow, easy, for all we know they may haven't even started recording it yet :lol:

MX was released less than a year ago, and idk if you've noticed, but Coldplay albums are usually released about every 3 years.

So, sorry, I don't think anyone has any official information to give you about the release of their 6th album. We can speculate about the date, sure, but we don't have any info from reliable sources.

As for the title...well even speculation, guesses would be useless, especially since Mylo Xyloto :lol:

• 2 weeks later...
^^ They seem so vibrant and determined to make music now more than ever!

Sure Chris said that "bands shouldn't keep going past the age of 33" but he ate his words.

They can go on doing what they're doing at least until they're 40. Why not even 50? Look at U2 and Madonna...

Don't look at Madonna, for your own sake

If you have to mix all the styles coldplay has done, from P'chutes till MX. You get something like the Don't Panic version on the Blue Room EP?

So, my guess we can expect something like a Blue Room EP, but longer and more creative in the trend of VLV, MX, so we have a 2nd triology.

IMO

Releasedate: 2nd of February 2014

Personally, I would like to see more songs like Don Quixote mixed with synths. It probably won't happen but who said we can't dream. :rolleyes:

I mean, Imagine combining Don Quixote and Life in Technicolor ii plus the MX synths...ohh man that would be amazing.

March 10, 2011 - submitted by Sam, United Kingdom

Q. Hi Oracle,

Is the Don Quixote/Spanish Rain song still in reckoning for the new album?

All the best

Sam

The Oracle replies:

It never was Sam. Over a year ago I heard Chris say that it was going to end up as a b-side. I remember thinking "I bet it doesn't"... We shall see I guess but that all seems so long ago now.

Would have been a good b-side.

Well, if they wanna go a bit back to their roots as Phil mentioned, i would like to have an album which is intimate and refering to their beginnigs,where they coming from and so on...

I really,really miss a reference in their songs and albums(maybe COL) to their home,Great Britain.

Such an nostalgic record would work great i think,with a lot of Piano and Acoustic Guitar...But,thats just my guess ;)

I heard Chris say in an interview, maybe the Glastonbury 2011 interview I'm not sure, that he wants to go back to their roots and have it be smaller. Like how MX is so big tour-wise, have it be smaller than that.

I think this next album will be a bit more experimental than say, Parachutes was. Acoustic, yes. I'm sure there'll be a lot of tear jerkers in it too!

They've said that they don't want to redo what they've already done so it's hard to speculate about what their next albums will be since we can't really compare LP6 to any of their previous albums.

If that makes sense :3

I heard Chris say in an interview, maybe the Glastonbury 2011 interview I'm not sure, that he wants to go back to their roots and have it be smaller. Like how MX is so big tour-wise, have it be smaller than that.

I think this next album will be a bit more experimental than say, Parachutes was. Acoustic, yes. I'm sure there'll be a lot of tear jerkers in it too!

They've said that they don't want to redo what they've already done so it's hard to speculate about what their next albums will be since we can't really compare LP6 to any of their previous albums.

If that makes sense :3

It makes sense. :P I see what you mean. It will be hard to speculate, but until then the sky's the limit. Acoustic mixed with something new, that will end the second trilogy with a bang. :)