✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

LP6

princesanji

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

guys theres nothing wrong with taking a hiatus or a year or two off. if anything it should be cherished and i hope it IS true!

Yeh come back in 2015 refreshed. MX did sound tired and uninspired in parts and is by far my least favourite.

I wouldn't be surprised if they take a longer break and I don't think it would be a bad thing. If fact, at this stage of their careers, I think it would be a healthy, smart thing to do. However, I don't think they will sit around growing fat & counting their money. I see them exploring things outside of Coldplay, getting involved in different artistic endeavors & pursuing different interests. I think this will be good for them and when they come back together, they will be refreshed & ready for more Coldplay.

do you think chris martin will ever release a solo album. maybe, but look on wikipedia and he has only written, produced or been featured vocals, none all by himself.

If he can be believed, that's what he'll continue to do.

If Mylo Xyloto sounds tired or uninspired, it's not because of the band needing a break, it's because they were left to feel comfortable within themselves. Eno had a "catflap" role, so I'm betting he wasn't pushing them as hard as he was on Viva La Vida.

When they made X&Y, they sat back and wrote Coldplay songs. It wasn't a good album.

A Rush of Blood and Viva La Vida were both albums in which the band were striving to be different, push themselves.

LP6 either needs Eno or someone else to push them into being something entirely new again. That's all the band will ever need to be successful; a horizon.

I don't mind if they take a big break before kicking off with something new as long as it is worth it. Aside from a couple of songs on it, MX was not worth my waiting since 2008. I want something timeless again, not songs that I'll grow tired of in less than a week. And that is owing to the fact that MX lacks some serious effort, effort which Coldplay have already proved to be able to make and will hopefully show some in the next era.

Viva la Vida was a fantastic album with a brilliant art style which I wish could have carried on even longer. I must say I think MX as an album and with its accompanying artwork is needlessly garish. It's a good album with a few great tracks, but it's almost as if they designed it to appeal to kids and that disappoints me.

I hope for LP6 they have a good break and move in a different direction, dropping the graffiti-style artworks.

Guest howyousawtheworld

I would love to see Coldplay continue working with Brian Eno. In fact I would love to see Eno back as a full blown/hands on producer as he was with Viva La Vida. He and Jon Hopkins together with no one others but Coldplay would work wonders. I'd also like to see them move away from their environment of the Beehive/Bakery. I'd love it if they relocated themselves to a part of the world which could really inspire them.

I think it would be interesting if they changed their whole approach to writing songs. They've said that they had Glastonbury in mind while writing MX. I think that's what formed the songs, why they wound up so BIG (a lot of them anyway). The way the songs would play live helped shape them. How about if they just write songs that move them and let the live show take care of itself. I believe that if they have emotionally honest songs, they can trust them to play well live.

If Mylo Xyloto sounds tired or uninspired, it's not because of the band needing a break, it's because they were left to feel comfortable within themselves. Eno had a "catflap" role, so I'm betting he wasn't pushing them as hard as he was on Viva La Vida.

When they made X&Y, they sat back and wrote Coldplay songs. It wasn't a good album.

A Rush of Blood and Viva La Vida were both albums in which the band were striving to be different, push themselves.

LP6 either needs Eno or someone else to push them into being something entirely new again. That's all the band will ever need to be successful; a horizon.

I fucking love X&Y. Coldplay dared to make an album with a personal touch they hadn't done before, and still haven't beaten. It's their best, if you ask me.

I like MX on some tracks.

In case I missed something, MX indeed IS a new sound for Coldplay; they were forced to do something different from what they have done before. Was it the right place to push? Most people think not.

Some tracks I simply disliked and feel that if they were to wipe from the face of the earth spontaneously, I wouldn't notice for a long time. Such "Up With the Birds", "Princess of China", "Hopeful Transmission", and "Up in Flames."

All of those tracks sounded tired and generic. Except for Princess of China of course which had Rihanna; which was just a bad decision in my opinion. Rihanna x Coldplay seriously just do not mix in my opinion; actually, I almost felt myself getting upset when I went to the concert last month in Toronto and saw them play Princess of China WITHOUT Rihanna there. It just felt weird to play a feat song without the feat being present. I was not impressed with that one bit (but the seven encores? Impressive as all hell! Still loved the show otherwise!)

Major Minus? No. I do not like it. It is a good song, but it feels like it was placed in the wrong album. Perhaps if it were in the VLV album it would fit better (I'm being serious here).

I like what they did with Moving to Mars by placing it on it's own EP. It kind of reminded me of 42 how it was lifeless (ish) for the first half, then inspired and perked up by the second half. Me likey like.

In all honesty, I wouldn't mind at all if Coldplay took a year break; as long as they don't churn out anymore of this MX stuff I'm happy.

MX wasn't all bad though; I did like "Charlie Brown", "Mylo Xyloto/Hurts Like Heaven", "Every Teardrop is a Waterfall", "UFO", and "Us Against the World."

"Paradise" I have mixed feelings on. Sounds great but it doesn't have that Coldplay attribute where you can listen to the song on repeat 10000 times and not get tired of it. It was good... For the first few times...

I'd like to see more of X&Y Coldplay and VLV Coldplay. Those were my favourite albums, but I personally don't see Coldplay going back into those styles of music. I mean realistically, Coldplay changes every single Album. Parachutes was a very sombre and "jazzy" album if you will (and I will.) AROBTTH as another sombre album, but had some really stand-out tracks like "In My Place" and "A Rush of Blood to the Head", it was more acoustic and "souly" in my opinion. X&Y was full of mystery and powerful sounds; tracks like "Twisted Logic", "White Shadows" and "Talk" showcase the ambiguity of the tracks, while at the same time, showcasing very powerful music techniques used by Coldplay. VLV was balls out rustic swashbuckling fun; to this day the absolute most climatic Coldplay song to me is "Cemeteries of London", and the entire album just has this "old style" feel to it, espiecally with the fiddles in "Yes"! Prospekts March, while an EP, definitely deserves it's own spot as an album as it was extremely colourful and energetic for the most part; "Glass of Water" and "Life in Technicolour II" was full of life and energy, and "Prospekt's March" was there to bridge.

Then MX... Well... The part with Rihanna was... Interesting... It's just weird in my opinion; energetic while being lifeless, verbal while being passive... Meh, it isn't their best work in my opinion. Not without it's good tracks, but... It needs work.

I don't want another LP like MX; I want an LP showcasing the new Coldplay sound for us to expect, so that I can stay up all night listening to the new LP saying "This is what the new album is gonna sound like? Sweet! :shocked2:"