LP6

princesanji

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sadly.

I'm really curious as to whether they think the only way to advance is to introduce themselves in a new style of music. I hope not. Not that I want them to bore me like Nickelback or The Fray with the tedious sameness of their sound, but I really hope they do consider trying something that resembles their old sound and style when they decide to start the creation of LP6.

I'm not sure it's so much about them wanting to grow as it is about them simply not liking their older music as much as some of their fans seem to. All four band members have been on record at various times over the years at saying (essentially) that they don't care all that much for many of the songs from Parachutes. I think they simply don't like that sound very much.

Hmmm, I haven't thought about that. Well, I hope they keep experimenting with the music, then, because where they are now isn't quite favourable with many fans. And I am really aware of how stubborn this might sound, but I hope they try to balance it out in the next album and not altogether forget how many fans they won with previous albums.

Hmmm, I haven't thought about that. Well, I hope they keep experimenting with the music, then, because where they are now isn't quite favourable with many fans. And I am really aware of how stubborn this might sound, but I hope they try to balance it out in the next album and not altogether forget how many fans they won with previous albums.

^ THIS

True, but as I've said a few times above, the band are also at a point in their career where they're both finacially secure, and have accomplished about as much as is possible for a band to accomplish. At this point, their only real incentive to make music is that they simply enjoy making music, and that being the case, it's entirely likely that their music will continue to reflect their personal desires and tastes as opposed to being structured to meet any outside expectations.

:embarrassed:

They could as well make an album with baroque pop with songs like Viva, X&Y, Daylight, Rainy Day and Paradise

X&Y, baroque? But I do like the idea of baroque songs again, Viva album as a whole is baroque inspired, Lost! organs, LiT's riff... kind like MX is eletro rock.

X&Y, baroque? But I do like the idea of baroque songs again, Viva album as a whole is baroque inspired, Lost! organs, LiT's riff... kind like MX is eletro rock.

IMHO, VLV is their only song I'd consider to be truly Baroque Pop. (though several other songs on VLVODAAHF come close in style.)

I find "Us Against the World" and "Up With the Birds" far more emotional than the above mentioned songs. Now, I'm not particularly fond of MX (I'm indifferent to most of the songs,sadly) but you're doing some part of it injustice by assessing such a statement.

I dont think you can compare the emotions of those songs.

The songs from X&Y are much more melancholic, much deeper, intensive and less 'feelgood' like the ending of Up with the birds, that just gives you this great feeling of happyness.

Today I listened to Twisted logic, what a intensive song.

MX is so not about that. That's why Moving to Mars just couldn't be on there, it didn't fit in there.

As much as I love Up with the birds, us against the world & Charlie Brown, I do hope they will show a bit of there more melancholic and deeper sound like Moving to Mars has.

^ I agree that LP6 should have more songs similar to Moving to Mars :nod:

I think Moving to Mars is an amazing song, and when I heard it I knew that I wanted to hear more songs like it. It reminds me of songs like 42, X&Y, Amsterdam and Swallowed in the Sea. There's something about those sorts of songs that I find both chillingly beautiful and awesomely epic at the same time, and none of the songs on MX really captured that feeling IMO. That's obviously why MtM had to be a b-side rather than on the actual album.

But I hope that MtM was a sign of things to come - I was thinking earlier about Chris having a scale model of the solar system built (back in 2010 I think), and how that must have been part of some other side of MX that we never saw. Perhaps Moving to Mars and U.F.O. were all that remained from that little project (and maybe Alien Radio, whatever that was). I hope that we get to hear more of that side of Coldplay on LP6.

^ I agree that LP6 should have more songs similar to Moving to Mars :nod:

I think Moving to Mars is an amazing song, and when I heard it I knew that I wanted to hear more songs like it. It reminds me of songs like 42, X&Y, Amsterdam and Swallowed in the Sea. There's something about those sorts of songs that I find both chillingly beautiful and awesomely epic at the same time, and none of the songs on MX really captured that feeling IMO. That's obviously why MtM had to be a b-side rather than on the actual album.

But I hope that MtM was a sign of things to come - I was thinking earlier about Chris having a scale model of the solar system built (back in 2010 I think), and how that must have been part of some other side of MX that we never saw. Perhaps Moving to Mars and U.F.O. were all that remained from that little project (and maybe Alien Radio, whatever that was). I hope that we get to hear more of that side of Coldplay on LP6.

I kind of get the feeling that if MTM represented where the band thought it wanted to go, they would've put it on the album as opposed to tucked away as a b-side. :\

Well Chris said lp6 is gonna be more intimate :thumbsup:

No, he didn't say that, he mentioned that that's the direction they're considering right now. People read way to much into every little comment the band makes, which only leads to disappointment when things that are "confirmed" don't come to pass.

No, he didn't say that, he mentioned that that's the direction they're considering right now. People read way to much into every little comment the band makes, which only leads to disappointment when things that are "confirmed" don't come to pass.

Um ok well he said they had an intimate project and an electric project and they were going with the intimate one first then he said they switched it and that they'll do the intimate one next