✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

LP6

princesanji

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i dont understand what that means! could someone explain it better please? thanks. XD

You don't understand Tracie's explanation on the previous page?

I think it was in response to someone asking about their tour. I inferred he said that they can't tour forever and want to make a record. Could be wrong, but it looks promising.:D

I would love to see a beautiful acoustic LP6, and then a magnificent and huge final album (LP7) to end it. Then maybe a few singles every now and then afterwards...

Why on earth do they need to end it?? As long as the band is happy together and still making good music, there is no reason for that, period!

I think they can finish on LP6, of course If they think they still have the magic for a 7th they should go fo it, it just seems that finishing on the next album would be the perfect end, still on the top of their game, a bit like The Police with Synchronicity and The Beatles with Abbey Road.

I think they can finish on LP6, of course If they think they still have the magic for a 7th they should go fo it, it just seems that finishing on the next album would be the perfect end, still on the top of their game, a bit like The Police with Synchronicity and The Beatles with Abbey Road.

One key difference between Coldplay and the other bands you mentioned: The Police and The Beatles (at least Lennon/McCartney) couldn't stand each other by the time they split up. Coldplay still love each other, so can probably continue to make great music together for a long time to come.

If they don't feel like they can keep it fresh, then they should do what REM did, but REM was a band for 30 years before they felt that way.

:confused: they dont need to finish it, queen did like 17 albums, green day (including uno, dos, tre) have done like 12, and U2 have done around 13 i think?! snow patrol and muse formed 2 years earlier and snow patrol have done 6, muse's 6th is out in october 1st. so......

go on coldplay, you can do it!!! we believe in you!!! LOL :P

artists usually leave around 2,3 or 4 years inbetween albums (unless they're the verve in which case their LP4 came out 10 years after LP5 - but thats because they broke up) so MX was released 24th october 2011, so maybe late 2013, or mid 2014?! what do you guys think?

BTW, HAPPY 10TH BIRTHDAY A RUSH OF BLOOD TO THE HEAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

One key difference between Coldplay and the other bands you mentioned: The Police and The Beatles (at least Lennon/McCartney) couldn't stand each other by the time they split up. Coldplay still love each other, so can probably continue to make great music together for a long time to come.

If they don't feel like they can keep it fresh, then they should do what REM did, but REM was a band for 30 years before they felt that way.

Exactly. I don't see Coldplay quitting for quite a while.

Why on earth do they need to end it?? As long as the band is happy together and still making good music, there is no reason for that, period!

But that is the question...Can they keep up the good standard of music and not slack off? They are getting old, and as you can tell by Mylo Xyloto they sort of give in to the electronic type music that is taking over this generation. Of course I still love Mylo Xyloto and all of their albums, and by all means, I would love for Coldplay to keep making albums, I just think it would be nice to have 1 or 2 more BIG and awesome ones to sort of finish it off.

"Old"?? Compared to U2 and RH, Coldplay are still very young. Age itself doesn't define ability to create good music.

But I do somewhat agree that if feels like they're trying to 'fit in' when they've never had to in order to be successful.

I think as long as a band enjoys making music together, and feels they can stay fresh, they should go on. Sales and opinions don't matter to musicians who simply love their craft.:)