✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

LP6

princesanji

^ I think they might use acoustic a bit like on Viva, it had lots of acoustics guitars, but they weren't the lead part of the song like on LiT, Cemeteries of London, (I think LiJ has too, but there's so much going on it's hard to tell), Yes and Strawberry Swing. That's a bit like Charlie Brown works too... and I like that

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's bizarre now looking back to even think of Parachutes as a Coldplay album, I mean, the albums are all different but that one is SO different, being mainly acoustic apart from High Speed anyway... gawd, High Speed is a COLDPLAY song... sure doesn't seem like it now... anyway, my point is that they already did an experimental-acoustic album in the form of their debut. LP6 I think will be smaller scale, but I'd like to see more of this unusual side of Coldplay; stuff like Lukas, the (possibly fake) Famous Old Painters instrumental, Rainy Day, Up With The Birds, actually, too.

Chris said in the MusiquePlus interview that they want LP6 to be more acoustic...

Wonder if it'll really happen or it's just as what he said for MX...

Ah, Chris :heart: :laugh3:

I really hope LP6 is more acoustic. The past few albums have been so intense and.. different. But I think an acoustic album would be an awesome change.

I was thinking about this today.

I'll do my best to describe this. I think LP6 will be similar to what MX was. MX wasn't all pop music. Look at Charlie Brown, UATW, UWTB, those songs aren't pop based. Somewhat.

LP6 I bet will have some acoustic tunes, but will have some half acoustic half something else. Kinda like the tunes from MX. Am I making sense? :P

• 2 weeks later...
An acoustic album would be interesting. It'd be interesting to see how they do the Parachutes sound after being the biggest band in the world for a decade or so.

Yeah, well I heard that before the idea of MX the fifth album was supposed to be an acoustic, can't remember where I heard it (been looking?) so it makes me wonder if they'll do the acoustic next? Or are they THAT big now that they can't risk going down the ladder?

Yeah, well I heard that before the idea of MX the fifth album was supposed to be an acoustic, can't remember where I heard it (been looking?) so it makes me wonder if they'll do the acoustic next? Or are they THAT big now that they can't risk going down the ladder?

I heard somewhere they were actually writing two albums. One with songs more similar to Paradise/Hurts Like Heaven, the other featuring stuff like Us Against the World/U.F.O., obviously they ended up mashing those two concepts into Mylo Xyloto.

Personally, if the quieter stuff from Mylo Xyloto is any indication, I'd rather they stay away from some Parachutes-esque music on the next album. It would be interesting for them to try and make an album where each song is entirely different. They almost did that on Viva la Vida, but it felt like there was a common theme or sound with each song. I'd like to see them try something really eclectic.

I don't know what they will try next but I'd like to see them step away from Eno. I'm not one of those long-time fans who have demonized the Eno era, as I love both Viva & MX. I just think if they are looking for something new, they should start with a clean slate.

I don't know what they will try next but I'd like to see them step away from Eno. I'm not one of those long-time fans who have demonized the Eno era, as I love both Viva & MX. I just think if they are looking for something new, they should start with a clean slate.

That's a pretty good question also. Will the keep Eno for the next album?

Yes. By now they should definitely be capable of creating an album by themselves, just the four (well, five) of them, no Eno. He's taught them everything they need to know about making an album, so now it's their turn to show what they can do without his guidance.

Yes. By now they should definitely be capable of creating an album by themselves, just the four (well, five) of them, no Eno. He's taught them everything they need to know about making an album, so now it's their turn to show what they can do without his guidance.

Exactly. I LOVE Eno, but part of his guidance is to keep things fresh, so he'd probably be the first to agree that a clean slate is the best thing for them at this point.

I disagree that they should make something by themselves.

I think Coldplay's best work is when they've been pushed. If you take any fantastic Coldplay song; Politik, Clocks, Violet Hill, Death and all His Friends, Hurts Like Heaven... they're all made with the pressure to do something new and untried. Most of that pressure in the studio comes from a producer.

They just need to pick the right producer who will push them into new territories. I would personally favour someone in the mould of Jamie XX, Nigel Godrich or Danger Mouse. Someone who knows their sonics, pushes boundaries, and questions what the artist should mean and represent.