✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

LP6

princesanji

I think wanting to top the charts is a major impediment in creating good music. Music should come as a result of spontainety, not constraint. This thing about being the best band in the world really gets to me. I mean, I have nothing against it, I'd love to think about Coldplay that way, but it seems like they don't quite understand what it means to be the best and how to reach that point. It's just my humble opinion, anyway.

your opinion is pretty accurate. a part of me thinks now that they are THIS huge, they wouldn't want to stop growing even bigger. its like driving a supercar. once you hit 300 km all you think in your head is to go even faster. the desire and the feeling is addictive i think. and you cant fulfill both. they cant go back to their roots with LP6 AND try to fill bigger stadiums.

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

your opinion is pretty accurate. a part of me thinks now that they are THIS huge, they wouldn't want to stop growing even bigger. its like driving a supercar. once you hit 300 km all you think in your head is to go even faster. the desire and the feeling is addictive i think. and you cant fulfill both. they cant go back to their roots with LP6 AND try to fill bigger stadiums.

I agree with part of that, but they made it this far in the first place by making REALLY GOOD music and not worrying about making hits. I don't think they'll lose momentum even if they stop trying to increase their speed, as long as they make the music they love and believe in.

As long as they release something that's true to themselves then I think I'll be happy. MX felt a little like they were pandering to the crowd, although on the tour they seem to be really enjoying themselves so I could be wrong and it could be just what they wanted to do. Also, I think MX does have some tracks that I loved such as Charlie Brown, HLH, ETIAW, DLIBYH and UWTB. I personally just adored Viva (tracks like LIJ, LIT and Violet Hill are some of my favourites) It's difficult because I love certain tracks off all the albums and they all have their own appeal for me. I just want them to make an album they're happy with, and although I hate having to wait for so long, if it means it's a good album then I suppose that's what matters most.

I found this online, hope it's not true... (But it is from the daily Mail! :P)

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/moslive/article-2048220/Chris-Martin-Coldplay-Gwyneth-Paltrow-album.html

QUOTE:

'I’ve got to be honest, it brings you right down': Chris Martin on Coldplay-bashing, Gwyneth and why this could be their last album.

It's also on NME.com, so it may be TRUE!!!

http://www.nme.com/news/coldplay/59831

Chris talks about Adele and Justin Bieber being their main competition because they're young and new, but Coldplay are much better, they write their own music and play their own instruments, why don't they know how good they are?!

I found this online, hope it's not true... (But it is from the daily Mail! :P)

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/moslive/article-2048220/Chris-Martin-Coldplay-Gwyneth-Paltrow-album.html

QUOTE:

'I’ve got to be honest, it brings you right down': Chris Martin on Coldplay-bashing, Gwyneth and why this could be their last album.

It's also on NME.com, so it may be TRUE!!!

http://www.nme.com/news/coldplay/59831

Chris talks about Adele and Justin Bieber being their main competition because they're young and new, but Coldplay are much better, they write their own music and play their own instruments, why don't they know how good they are?!

"Speaking to the Mail On Sunday, the band's frontman Chris Martin said that he could not imagine recording another album at the moment as the band have put so much time and energy into the creation of 'Mylo Xyloto'. " Hmm, I think he said that too after Viva was released, didn't he?

Also, I found this: (It is from the Sun BTW, but its on Heat magazine too)

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/4508392/Chris-Martin-and-Gwyneth-Paltrow-leave-London-to-move-to-LA.html

The main quote concerning LP6 is this: "Chris's band won't be working on a new album for at least another year so he has some breathing space to kick back.” Gwyneth says. The date is 28th August 2012 so it can't be regarding Mylo Xyloto, and the picture of Chris is clearly MX era.

"Speaking to the Mail On Sunday, the band's frontman Chris Martin said that he could not imagine recording another album at the moment as the band have put so much time and energy into the creation of 'Mylo Xyloto'. " Hmm, I think he said that too after Viva was released, didn't he?

Yep, true, but may be after the discovery of Justin Bieber and Adele, it will be different?! (Hope not!! :worried:)

Most likely after they have finished touring MX they will take a break for 6 months when Chris records a solo-album to release some songs he has written which don't fit Coldplay.

Or grow some water melons ;)

I bet only a few people can remember that joke

I think they really are going to take a break, and they deserver it! But I don't think they will stop given they have so much fun lately. And we all know Chris, even if he takes a break he will still continue to write new songs. No worries, we'll get new songs/album even if it takes 3 years I don't care if it's what they want then so be it.

Guys, let's be honest.

When does Chris actually mean or stick with something he says? LP6 is a complete mystery to what will come forth.

I'm gonna be really anxious though. Because I remember during Viva, I missed them live in 2009, and the next two and a half years consisted of me constantly and obsessively checking the news on the production of MX and just WAITING to get the tour dates for MX as well. Coldplay is about 2/3 of the way through their entire Xylo tour. If they decide to take a break, that just means more waiting. I literally can't do it lol.

I saw them in DC last July, and after that, I've had constant dreams about it and thoughts. It is literally an essential in my life to see them again.

Chris may put all the silly collabs and repetitive wa wa para para nonsense on his solo album (if such is being planned) and then make a proper album together with Guy, Will and Jonny.

I don't think I would buy a Chris' solo album without listening to a any songs, I mean, It could turn out great, but the possiblity of having silly pop songs with Hip Hop colaborations like Jay-Z, Kanye West and singers like Rihanna is big, or country songs, or both.... :lol:

Chris may put all the silly collabs and repetitive wa wa para para nonsense on his solo album (if such is being planned) and then make a proper album together with Guy, Will and Jonny.

What is it with the "repetitive words" thing? Why does everyone hate it?

It literally appears in two Coldplay songs.

"Wa-a-a-a-a-aterfall" is used twice.

"Para, para, paradise" is an alright chorus.

Is it some big, bold new direction?

Is it the death and decay of good old fashioned songwriting?

Am I the only one missing something here?

:inquisitive:

What is it with the "repetitive words" thing? Why does everyone hate it?

It literally appears in two Coldplay songs.

"Wa-a-a-a-a-aterfall" is used twice.

"Para, para, paradise" is an alright chorus.

Is it some big, bold new direction?

Is it the death and decay of good old fashioned songwriting?

Am I the only one missing something here?

:inquisitive:

I agree :nod: Everyone's making a big deal out of nothing. And everybody seems to be forgetting: "You are you are you are" "A whisper a whisper a whisper a whisper" Simple repetitive choruses are hardly a new thing for Coldplay.

I agree :nod: Everyone's making a big deal out of nothing. And everybody seems to be forgetting: "You are you are you are" "A whisper a whisper a whisper a whisper" Simple repetitive choruses are hardly a new thing for Coldplay.

yeah true... and it works just as fine.

That's right...still don't think a Chris solo album is a good idea :lol: