✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

LP6

princesanji

Surely it's more fun guessing from less clues, not a board full of titles, Chris in interviews saying "We're influenced by A, B and C" and nothing leaking whatsoever? I enjoy the speculation as much as the next man, but I think I'm enjoying it more right now, when we know nothing, than I did a month before MX came out, and we pretty much just had the tracklisting to form.

Yeah, I get what you're saying. Having a track list and knowing all that we did about the songs a month before MX came out is knowing too much. But I don't think it could hurt to have a few glimpses, like the big list of potential song titles in 2009, or maybe the occasional acoustic performance of something like Wedding Bells or Spanish Rain to get a vague idea of where they're headed. (not that those examples turned out to be any indication of where MX was headed)

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Coldplay shouldn't release to much info about the music, however, they should release some artwork and whatnot. I think it would be fun to try guess the mood and tone of the album by simply looking at album cover or other artwork.

At this point in their career I would absolutely NOT be fine with a long wait. They're in the prime of their career. Keep churning them out! That's what I say! How much thought have you really put into this? Think about it, a 5 year wait would suck!!

i don't think they're in the prime of their career at all. plus "churning" them out is a terrible idea. they're not nestlé!

I think no matter how long they wait, they shouldn't give us so much drip-fed info from the studio this time. I want it out of nowhere. No idea who worked on it. How long for. What the songs are called. No leaked titles. Just surprises and lots of them.

Because MX was built up way beyond anything any album could match.

my thoughts exactly. i don't wanna know anything until i get my hands on the album.

I think the notes from Prospekt (phil) before LP4 were very interesting. They included the song names & all but didn't spoil the album (at least for me).

Maybe the problem with MX was the band performing many of its songs on many concerts & festivals months before its release! Fans were already familiar with the tunes & deciphering the lyrics, so there were no surprises at the end.

I would love if Phil started writing similar notes again near the release of the next album. They were so much better than the random tweets & the R#42 teasing blogs.

I'd like surprises for the next album too, but I wouldn't necessarily want to know absolutely nothing until the album is released. I'd be more fine with little teases before the release to get everyone going crazy wondering what kind of stuff they're creating in the studio. Similar to how some movies are released, I remembered before all the batman films and the superman film about to be released, the studio gave people teases to tell you somewhat what the tone was but the story would never really be addressed. It'd be cool to use that method when releasing their next album.

They feel amazing and they're absolutely on top of their game as live performers. It would be crazy to say that they are not in their prime

as live performers yes they're incredible and on top of their game i agree with you. i meant musically they're not in their prime

^ That's debatable

no it isn't. if someone *likes* nicki minaj over florence and the machine it doesn't equate to nicki minaj being better than florence and the machine. if someone likes MX more than their previous work, especially their earlier work, or think its better then fair enough. but in no way will you legitimately make an argument that musically viva and MX are the peak of what they could or have achieved. so no they're not in their prime in that sense

^That doesn't make much sense, because from the moment you accept that a taste is a taste, then it's pretty difficult to argue that some music is better than the other from an objective point of view. I mean it's kind of hard to take into account the two approaches.

Also, many would beg to differ that Viva wasn't Coldplay being at the top of their game, as it was a commercial and critical success, i mean it's the ideal situation.

We've seen "Graffiti boys" for MX and "French revolutionaries" for VLVODAAHF; What should the next thing be?

I really don't think that the next album will have such a major 'theme' as the last two. I think it will be somewhat back to basics.

^ I think they'll go quite light and pastelly.

As for the thing about whether they're musically in their prime, "prime" in itself suggests that taste can be measured in quality. They're not in any prime, they've just changed since Parachutes.

Rock operas were great, but they have a time and a place and that's not now and coldplay.

As for the style, I think classiness is a trend right now so maybe they'll wear suits but in a cp way. But obviously the clothes reflect the music of the era so there is no way in determining what the outfits will be next go-a-round.

I think there definitely will be a theme nonetheless. I have a hard time believing that Chris and Will are just going to stop caring what they wear

Rock operas were great, but they have a time and a place and that's not now and coldplay.

As for the style, I think classiness is a trend right now so maybe they'll wear suits but in a cp way. But obviously the clothes reflect the music of the era so there is no way in determining what the outfits will be next go-a-round.

I think there definitely will be a theme nonetheless. I have a hard time believing that Chris and Will are just going to stop caring what they wear

Like The National style?