✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Will Mylo Xyloto leak? ** EFFECTIVE 16-10 LINKS NOT PERMITTED ** (PART I)

bearcat1229

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I want to hold off too. My point of the post is if there is already a legit looking site claiming to have a leak, I don't know if I can hold out for 2 months.

Come on.. We'll waited for more then two years for it.. Of cause you can wait til October for it.

I don't think it will leak. As far as I can remember none of the Coldplay albums have leaked so far. A few demos were leaked from Viva but only one of the them was actually on the album in the end anyway and they're doing everything possible to prevent a leak. I remember R42 saying that even the band itself doesn't have access to the master tracks.

^^ Yeah, but at this point it's just the guys and a couple of EMI associates that have access to the tracks (actually . . . the guys don't have access to the tracks, do they? :thinking:) so it's a lot easier for them to prevent a leak. Once the copies are shipped, however, the chance of having a leak skyrockets because who-knows how many people are going to have access to the album.

The album will leak but in October when they start shipping it to retailers.

The only album that did not leak in the past 5 years is the new Kanye West and Jay-Z because they started selling in online BEFORE actually sending it to retailers.

But I think Coldplay will stream the whole album on their website once MX leaks.

I think if the whole album leaks, I will listen to it. Just because I'm impatient and that the end of October will be the busiest time of the year. I will need Coldplay to keep me going.

However, I will still go out on October 24th and buy 2 copies of MX.

My money for a potential concert has already been saved up. Now all I need to do is to find someone willing to go with me (my friends dont like Coldplay; I need new ones)

1 to listen, share, enjoy

1 for my Coldplay collection

Yup. THat's what I usually do.

Except now with the special edition I'm going to get that to enjoy, plus a copy of the CD for my collection.

Yeah, call me stupid, a corporate sheep or redundant, but I love my sealed Coldplay collection :D

Some of which has been said before:

• It will not leak ANY earlier than September 9, I'd put big money on it--we know they work to the wire and that's hand-in, so don't believe anything that says it leaks before mid to late September at the earliest
  • Most albums leak via CD plants, with people nicking CDs off conveyor belts and during shipment
  • Most people that get to hear digital versions of the album before release, like journalists and audio workers, have no incentive whatsoever to leak the album and could ruin their careers by doing so (some still have though)
  • Kanye and Jay-Z took INSANE precautions during the recording of their album, and also had a graduated release scheme with special deals with special retailers that discouraged leaks
  • Most albums leak 2-4 weeks before release, when CDs are actually being manufactured
  • It WILL leak unless they're taking pages out of Kanye and Jay-Z's book, which they might
  • Leaks can actually help artists these days, and many have claimed to leak their own albums
  • The only reason we're seeing "links" now is because after the announcement, people now know to look for it and don't understand the schedule of how these things usually work

I think if the whole album leaks, I will listen to it. Just because I'm impatient and that the end of October will be the busiest time of the year. I will need Coldplay to keep me going.

However, I will still go out on October 24th and buy 2 copies of MX.

My money for a potential concert has already been saved up. Now all I need to do is to find someone willing to go with me (my friends dont like Coldplay; I need new ones)

I totally agree with you about needing Coldplay to keep ourselves going... if not I'll end like this: :veryangry2:

Also, if you are looking for new friends who like Coldplay and would enjoy going to their concert with you, Coldplero can be your solution :P

Some of which has been said before:

• It will not leak ANY earlier than September 9, I'd put big money on it--we know they work to the wire and that's hand-in, so don't believe anything that says it leaks before mid to late September at the earliest
  • Most albums leak via CD plants, with people nicking CDs off conveyor belts and during shipment
  • Most people that get to hear digital versions of the album before release, like journalists and audio workers, have no incentive whatsoever to leak the album and could ruin their careers by doing so (some still have though)
  • Kanye and Jay-Z took INSANE precautions during the recording of their album, and also had a graduated release scheme with special deals with special retailers that discouraged leaks
  • Most albums leak 2-4 weeks before release, when CDs are actually being manufactured
  • It WILL leak unless they're taking pages out of Kanye and Jay-Z's book, which they might
  • Leaks can actually help artists these days, and many have claimed to leak their own albums
  • The only reason we're seeing "links" now is because after the announcement, people now know to look for it and don't understand the schedule of how these things usually work

I love when Albert played on Glass of Water live.

I love when Albert played on Glass of Water live.

If this is in response to my avatar, please don't get me started or otherwise I'll take over this whole thread with offtopic Albert-fangirling :P

That's one of the top musical moments I would go back to if I had a time machine :disappointed:

[/offtopic]

THE ALBUM WILL LEAK, I SAY, 2-3 WEEKS BEFORE!

I didn't become a Coldplay fan until late 2006, so the only album release I have been around for is Viva La Vida. And I listened to it when it leaked 3 weeks before, and I skipped between songs and it was not worth it. This time I will wait until I buy it and I am going to listen to every track in order. It will be better :D