✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Mylo Xyloto: Will you have a listening party?

heelsrule1988

When Viva la Vida or Death and All His Friends came out in 2008, my friend Jonathan (who is just as big a Coldplay fan as I am and was with me when we went to what was our first Coldplay concert) came over to my house that night and we listened to it for the first time. It was pretty much an amazing experience... and I expect more of the same in October. Even though I live over an hour away from him now, you'd better believe he'll still be up here when Mylo Xyloto comes out next month. My girlfriend will probably be over for all the fun and excitement, too. So I'm wondering... will any of you guys do this? Hopefully you all have some friends that like Coldplay to share this with. It is quite the experience... I'll probably record us on video or something. :lol:

Naw, no listening party. I have had one with my friend when MTM came out, and after the song has finished she cracked up saying 'That was so weird' while for me the song was such a relief after hearing EtIAW and initial LP5 era's disappointment. I like thinking about the song for some time after I hear it and not having to explain myself to someone else how was it. There.

My 700th post. Hooray!

I'll listen alone, because when I can I want to hear new Coldplay studio material with earphones, lying in bed, eyes closed. That's how I discovered Viva (:awesome:), that's how I discovered ETIAW (:awesome::awesome:) and that's how I want to "discover" Mylo Xyloto. Plus, I wouldn't like to comment it with other people, I want to be "in" the music!

And I just have 1 friend that really likes Coldplay, but he's not the biggest fan ever, you know.

I will hear it alone - definitely. Don't want to talk to anyone. If there is someone besides me I would explain him after every song what is beautiful and what is bad...

I just want to hear it and think about it and I want to cry alone (if I have to cry while hearing Up in Flames... :P)

I will hear it alone - definitely. Don't want to talk to anyone. If there is someone besides me I would explain him after every song what is beautiful and what is bad...

I just want to hear it and think about it and I want to cry alone (if I have to cry while hearing Up in Flames... :P)

Did you actually ever cry while listening Coldplay stuff? I have to admit I never did... not even close!

I really want to have a listening party, with more than just listening to the album but maybe snacks, Coldplay wardrobe, etc. But it's incredibly hard to get friends to do that since not many of my friends are crazy Coldplay fans. I can get a few who like the band enough to listen to the album, but that's pretty much it. Sadface.