✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Female vocal? ** UPDATED - It's Rihanna **

Mimixxx

• Replies 493
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just find a lot of Coldplay fans to be hypocrites. Now let me tack on the disclaimer that I'm just as excited for this album as you are, if not more. Sure I might not voice it as much sometimes, but I do like to stay down to earth. Coldplay is a top 40 tier pop band and it's pretty obvious that they don't have the best reputation. You "fans" will literally suck logs out of Chris, Will, Guy, and Johnny's assholes and eat it up. In other words, you're devout. Sure ETIAW isn't the best song in the world, it lacks a sense of lyrical depth and interesting instrumentation. You will wank other that song to kingdom come, but the minute the band is associated with one of their top 40 peers outside Coldplay's genre of music, be it Jay-Z, Rihanna, etc. you will rule it out as a pile of shit. In my eyes, that is hypocrisy at its finest.

I'm not telling you to like Jay-Z or Rihanna, I'm telling you to open up your eyes and ears and view the music as it is. Whoever is featured on the track, whoever produces it, doesn't matter. Names are arbitrary. Look at the vocals as they are. It's not like you have their beats or their styles on the album. It's all the band, Eno, and Dravs in the end. Backing vocals aren't a bad thing. Duets aren't a bad thing.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/bizarre/3808583/Rihannas-amazing-on-our-new-album-but-it-took-me-ages-to-dare-ask-her.html

I'm not sure if someone already posted it.

The Sun interviewed Coldplay and this article says Coldplay asked Rihanna to be on Princess of China.

:thinking::thinking:

that's one freaking hell of a joke. i hate rihanna. why would they even think about having a hellish voice on their album. i thought great bands like coldplay would never do a duet. the song featuring kylie minogue is ok. but id rather they stay pure as a band:(

It's not that I am against pop artists. I mean I really like Lights. And Lights is very poppy. I like artists who write their own music and sing from the heart. I do not respect Rhianna. All she is in my eyes is an over produced "pretty" face who sings about materialistic things.

That being said, Coldplay wrote the song. And I'm sure the part that she sings will be very different from her usual fluffy pop music.

...i like any music, if its GOOD. ...beyonce... ...lil wayne... their good. riahna, regardless of genre, sucks. she just auto tune

No they ain't. No she ain't.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=617c2lvwkgU]Rihanna - Russian Roulette ( ACOUSTIC VERSION ) - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kGUuwvNK_Ss]Rihanna - Take A Bow [Acoustic] Official - YouTube[/ame]

oh wait, you meant RIAHNA. idk who that is, lol.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I mean to give credit to Chris I think she is one of the better female vocalists of today. But I don't want that SLUT SEX POP GARBAGE on my Coldplay album!! : F-ing ridiculous. X( I'm beyond disappointed. It makes me wanna badly change my favorite band to Radiohead. :'(

Edit: although they had Jay-Z on lost so. i guess I can't really say much. He's really talented though and Chris is good friends with him so it's different for me. i guess it could be worse. I just hope there is a version without her like the one without Jay of Lost! Maybe it'll be really good and surprise us. I kind doubt it though.

Nope. The only thing that I'm sad about is I've been listening to the live version Coldplay performed in Rock Am fully expecting that's how it was going to be... and honestly I liked that one. A lot.

Who knows though? I have no qualms with Rihanna. She isn't bad. Something magical could happen. I just am ready to accept it might not be my favorite of the new songs anymore because I haven't heard it in its full glory (with Rihanna). Does that make sense?