✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Female vocal? ** UPDATED - It's Rihanna **

Mimixxx

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/bizarre/3808583/Rihannas-amazing-on-our-new-album-but-it-took-me-ages-to-dare-ask-her.html

I'm not sure if someone already posted it.

The Sun interviewed Coldplay and this article says Coldplay asked Rihanna to be on Princess of China.

:thinking::thinking:

let's hope she said no.

• Replies 493
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i am pretty excited for this! collaborations can be such a great thing (take Gorillaz for example), plus Rihanna's not a bad singer at all.

Plus, to everyone complaining that Coldplay have gone too mainstream or pop: Coldplay have always been a POP band. ALWAYS. They were mainstream all the time, don't pretend else. Only now they're incorporating more synths instead of acoustic guitars, what's the problem? I mean listen to FUCKING YELLOW or SCIENTIST - it's all C O M M E R C I A L.

Rihanna in Mylo Xyloto

Hey guys it seems that Rihanna is featured on Coldplay's new album...

SHOUT OUT AND VOICE YOUR VIEWS SO THAT WE CAN REACH COLDPLAY

What do you think about it?

JOIN THE MOVEMENT

Mr.busybeeburns if you see this please post this or a similar poll on the main page...please

BTW...am strongly against it as I feel that great bands should not have any "feats" or anything in their albums like in U2 :)

Is there some sort of petition we can start to send to them PLEADING that we freaking hate Rihanna, and dont want her to be associated with the band we love whatsoever? Im so frustrated at this cookie cutter maroon 5 bull.

Too late. They've finished the album, and it's officially past the point where they can make changes.

Well, we'll see how this turns out. Personally I can't say I'm optimistic (as you can probably guess by my previous posts) but...we'll see.

I am sorry to say this but today , officially... Coldplay = sellouts.

LOL.

Coldplay can't sell out. They started out as sellouts.

(I'm not bashing Coldplay, I love them, but you can't really call them underground now can you?)

I put my faith in Will. If he authorized the duet, I think it could be good. I mean, he's one tough son of a b*tch, he didn't even like Clocks :)

All thanks to the biggest perpetrator of Coldplay destruction: Gwyneth Paltrow. It all goes back to her. Yoko herself.

Don't go there. She's his wife, the woman he loves and mother of his children. It's reported frequently that she has no say on the music they make and doesn't go to the studio and tell them what to do, so this isn't an adequate or justified comparison.

. . . I really don't know what to think anymore. What's happened to our guys? Our beautiful, talented guys that created Clocks, Yellow, Fix You, A Rush Of Blood To The Head, Death And All His Friends, The Scientist, Violet Hill, Shiver, Amsterdam, Talk, Don't Panic?

I'm still going to support Coldplay through thick and thin, but . . . this is the first time I've ever said this:

I'm worried about Mylo Xyloto. I will buy it, I will listen to it, I will drive my friends nuts about it . . . but what if, for the first time, it's my friends that are blasting them in their cars on the way home from school? These are friends who fill their iPods with Lady Gaga and Bruno Mars, what does that say about Coldplay then? To be lumped in with them?

I'm sorry, maybe I'm overreacting . . . but Rihanna would be at the very bottom of my list of collaborators for the guys to choose from (along with the likes of Britanny Spears and Ke$ha).

YOU ARE SO FUCKING WRONG WITH YOUR DUMB AVATAR.

No seriously, he's right. Coldplay started out as Radiohead imitators, they say so themselves.

A sort of diet-radiohead, made for the mainstream folk.

And I guarantee you all-caps is a lot more irratating than Rihanna's voice. If they put some effort into it, I'm sure it can turn out ok. Who knows, maybe Rihanna only sings the Lalalalalas in PoC.

LOL.

Coldplay can't sell out. They started out as sellouts.

(I'm not bashing Coldplay, I love them, but you can't really call them underground now can you?)

I put my faith in Will. If he authorized the duet, I think it could be good. I mean, he's one tough son of a b*tch, he didn't even like Clocks :)

yeah but when they started they were more themselves than now... now they are just what ppl want them to be it seems...

Don't go there. She's his wife, the woman he loves and mother of his children. It's reported frequently that she has no say on the music they make and doesn't go to the studio and tell them what to do, so this isn't an adequate or justified comparison.

I agree. That was below the belt. Let us remember Coldplay are FOUR people, not just Chris and we all know they democratically and brutally vote on each song, so this is the direction they all chose to take. Like it or not, but don´t start blaming it on others...:rolleyes:

no its pretty fucking bad, her voice is sooo annoying, it sounds like a down syndrome jamacian
DUDE. Someone's really prejudiced I see.

SHE IS GOING TO BE ON THE SONG. WTF.

OKAY JUST TO MAKE IT CLEAR, I DON'T HATE RIHANNA.

It's just that, chances are, the song with Rihanna on it is going to sound extremely pop, and no longer the Coldplay sound I used to love. I'm not saying I'm completely true because Coldplay might just surprise me (heck, they did it with wa wa wa waterfall), but it just sounds like Coldplay is abandoning their old style and heading to pop.

If they insist that this is who they are and they're not doing it for fame, then I'm sorry, this is not the Coldplay I loved.

I'm disappointed. I loved Coldplay so much, and it's like bidding a lover goodbye.

Yeah, all of this, basically.

And I agree with the one who said the song will feel incomplete when played live. It might sound good and fun it'll be missing a big part of it, I think.

We don´t know yet how big or small Rhianna´s part in the song is, so we don´t know whether it´s gonna sound worse live. I think she just has a cameo in the song. And Coldplay being pop? Well I always thought Yellow was PRETTY pop all in all and definitely mainstream, so I might be wrong here but the new stuff does not shock me much: it´s just an evolution of their sound

. . . I really don't know what to think anymore. What's happened to our guys? Our beautiful, talented guys that created Clocks, Yellow, Fix You, A Rush Of Blood To The Head, Death And All His Friends, The Scientist, Violet Hill, Shiver, Amsterdam, Talk, Don't Panic?

I'm still going to support Coldplay through thick and thin, but . . . this is the first time I've ever said this:

I'm worried about Mylo Xyloto. I will buy it, I will listen to it, I will drive my friends nuts about it . . . but what if, for the first time, it's my friends that are blasting them in their cars on the way home from school? These are friends who fill their iPods with Lady Gaga and Bruno Mars, what does that say about Coldplay then? To be lumped in with them?

I'm sorry, maybe I'm overreacting . . . but Rihanna would be at the very bottom of my list of collaborators for the guys to choose from (along with the likes of Britanny Spears and Ke$ha).

I was thinking the fucking same of the first line you've written...