✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Is the money and fame getting to Chris Martin's songwriting abilities??

para-para-parrotdies

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Being happy is a choice? Logically, it would proceed that being unhappy or unsatisfied with your life is also a choice, yes?

Yes, it would. What it means is that, say, you aren't as rich as you wish or you don't have the perfect car, or you don't have everything you think you want, so you're unhappy. I know SO many people who are unhappy with life because they don't have "everything they want". I don't have everything I want either, but I still enjoy life and am thankful for all that I do have. And wait--I'm not saying that you should EVER settle for anything but the best in life, but on your way to the best, instead of just longing for when you'll finally get there, if you are optimistic, and focus on all of the things you DO have to be thankful for right now then you'll certainly enjoy the ride there a lot more. Say, I grew up poor. Say, I was the laughed at, looked down on kid a lot of times because I didn't always have the "best" and I was often depressed and unsatisfied with my life. But then one day I chose to just be thankful for all I do have, and therefore, by choosing to do that, I have been immensely happier in all aspects of my life ever since? We all have trials, we all have aspects of our lives which may not be "ideal," but I'm sure that all of us have at least something to be thankful for, do we not? But I didn't post that to shove my beliefs down anyone's throat or say that my opinion is superior to anyone else's. We all have our own ways of finding happiness, and this is mine, as well as a lot of other people I know, and it works for us. I only posted to give my opinion on this thread, because I love CP's latest album and would like to show it. As I've said, I respect everyone's opinion, so you Cobalt, and anyone else, has every right in the world to disagree with me. But I'm comfortable with my life and with who I am and with my own opinions, and I'll stick by my opinions, just as everyone else will have their own opinions. And that is 100% okay.

Not only that, also saying that if you don't find it here (eg. in a house with very abusive boyfriend) you won’t find it anywhere (eg. get the fuck away from that abusive boyfriend). Does that mean that happiness is just a state of mind and you should happily smile when he beats again some teeth out of your mouth, because if you are unhappy with the situation it’s just because you are having the wrong state of mind?

Kind of like this:

9924603.jpg

14696042.jpg

I feel obligated to reply to this, too, just to make clear how 100% I DO NOT agree with this. I never, ever said (or would I ever even imagine saying) that you should stay with an abusive boyfriend!! By all means get the heck away from him! Of course I would never expect anyone to settle in life! I never said it's okay to be a submissive pushover! I mean, I find it unspeakably disgusting that Chris Brown still has fans and isn't BANNED from the Grammys after his incomprehensible abusiveness to Rihanna (and who knows how many other poor girls!!). He should be in prison! OF COURSE I did not mean that if you are in a circumstance of physical, mental, emotional, or any other kind of abuse there is, you should "be happy" and remain in that circumstance! How could you be happy?! I cannot even find words to say...to express how utterly ridiculous and disturbing it is that it would ever even cross anyone's mind that someone should remain in an abusive relationship with ANYONE (be it a boyfriend, a spouse, a parent, anyone) or just settle for anyone or anything that brings them down in any possible way. All that I meant by my post was just to describe what Paradise's (in my opinion AWESOME) lyrics mean to me, but my post is quite apparently being interpreted incredibly wrong by some people. All that I meant by it, was that Paradise's lyrics make me feel great because they remind me that true happiness cannot be found in superficiality or any material things. Temporary happiness can be found, sure, but true happiness can only be found through your outlook on life. Lyrics can be interpreted a million different ways to different people, but this is how I interpret these, and I love them.

The way I feel about people who hate Paradise's lyrics:

This is a concept album. If you don't like it, go shove your Parachutes CD in your mouth.

:laugh3::laugh3::laugh3:

On a serious note, yes it's a concept album, yes it's different from what they normally do. But would you rather them do something like this?

nickelback-1.jpg

Yes, it would. What it means is that, say, you aren't as rich as you wish or you don't have the perfect car, or you don't have everything you think you want, so you're unhappy. I know SO many people who are unhappy with life because they don't have "everything they want". I don't have everything I want either, but I still enjoy life and am thankful for all that I do have. And wait--I'm not saying that you should EVER settle for anything but the best in life, but on your way to the best, instead of just longing for when you'll finally get there, if you are optimistic, and focus on all of the things you DO have to thankful for right now then you'll certainly enjoy the ride there a lot more.

Hm, certainly didn't sound like that in your original post, but mk then.

Hm, certainly didn't sound like that in your original post, but mk then.

Perhaps when I posted "if you don't find happiness in wherever you are now, you won't find happiness anywhere else" I should have put probably won't be happy anywhere else. What I meant was, you can't always choose your particular circumstances, no, but you can choose how to react to your circumstances, by either allowing them to bring you down, or refusing to let them. I'm sorry if it didn't sound like that in my original post, but this was what I meant. Do you sort of get my initial meaning now?? How you can either let life bring you down, or you can be determined to try to always make the best of it (which does NOT ever mean settling)? Sorry if I'm not so great with words, but my initial point was just to say that life is a gift in itself to be thankful for, and ultimately that's what Paradise's lyrics communicate to me.

I believe that lyrics are all based on the music that backs it. I also believe that lyrics are perceived differently depending on if the person is playing an instrument along with singing the lyrics. For me the lyrics for We Found Love had more meaning an depth when Coldplay did their cover of the song when Chris was playing the piano for it, it seemed a lot more meaningful then when rihanna just sings it (song still sucks either way). But lyrics are very hard to come up with and i respect anyone who can up with any especially a band that's written 5 albums worth and then some. I'm pretty sure Chris will be the first to admit he's not the best song writer but they are great with melodies and so the lyrics are secondary to everything else in the song. I can see where people have a problem with paradise because chris literally repeats para-para-paradise at least 12 times but again it's hard to write lyrics and repeating paradise just went with the bass and strings, it happens. In conclusion, if you just can't stand that Chris can't write any better then he has then you write something better and email it to him.

P.S. I'm really bored so just gonna post these lyrics that I love.

I can't remember when it was good

moments of happiness elude

maybe I just misunderstood

all of the love we left behind

watching the flash backs intertwine

memories I will never find

so I'll love whatever you become

and forget the reckless things we've done

I think our lives have just begun

I think our lives have just begun

and I'll feel my world crumbling

I'll feel my life crumbling

I'll feel my soul crumbling away

and falling away

falling away with you

staying awake to chase a dream

tasting the air you're breathing in

I know I won't forget a thing

promise to hold you close and pray

watching the fantasies decay

nothing will ever stay the same

all of the love we threw away

all of the hopes we cherished fade

making the same mistakes again

making the same mistakes again

I can feel my world crumbling

I can feel my life crumbling

I can feel my soul crumbling away

and falling away

falling away with you

all of the love we've left behind

watching the flash backs intertwine

I feel obligated to reply to this, too, just to make clear how 100% I DO NOT agree with this. I never, ever said (or would I ever even imagine saying) that you should stay with an abusive boyfriend!! By all means get the heck away from him! Of course I would never expect anyone to settle in life! I never said it's okay to be a submissive pushover! I mean, I find it unspeakably disgusting that Chris Brown still has fans and isn't BANNED from the Grammys after his incomprehensible abusiveness to Rihanna (and who knows how many other poor girls!!). He should be in prison! OF COURSE I did not mean that if you are in a circumstance of physical, mental, emotional, or any other kind of abuse there is, you should "be happy" and remain in that circumstance! How could you be happy?! I cannot even find words to say...to express how utterly ridiculous and disturbing it is that it would ever even cross anyone's mind that someone should remain in an abusive relationship with ANYONE (be it a boyfriend, a spouse, a parent, anyone) or just settle for anyone or anything that brings them down in any possible way. All that I meant by my post was just to describe what Paradise's (in my opinion AWESOME) lyrics mean to me, but my post is quite apparently being interpreted incredibly wrong by some people. All that I meant by it, was that Paradise's lyrics make me feel great because they remind me that true happiness cannot be found in superficiality or any material things. Temporary happiness can be found, sure, but true happiness can only be found through your outlook on life. Lyrics can be interpreted a million different ways to different people, but this is how I interpret these, and I love them.
I am glad you think the same way about it as I do. I guess I understood your interpretation wrong because you said “if you don’t find happiness in wherever you are right now, you won’t be happy anywhere else.” A 'wherever' I just interpretated as wherever, including bad situations such as an abusive relationship. I think you are allowed to feel unhappy in such a situation and that you can be happy in a situation where you have escaped such situation. You now said basically the same thing (I think) so I guess that with 'wherever' you didn’t mean 'wherever', but just particular situations such as being more poor than your surroundings. Can you see now how we could not get the right thing out of what you were trying to say?

Btw, I am glad you responded and tried to make things more clear. The original post just didn’t sound like this, but now I can go along with your way of seeing the lyrics and I even like to think of them in that way too.

^I'm glad we're getting to be a little more on the same page now. :) And yeah, you're right--I could have worded it much better, and I can see how you could interpret it wrong, because my intentions may not have been entirely understandable in "wherever". Once again, I just basically meant your outlook on life is going to determine your happiness during whatever life might throw your way. I know that it might sound like a corny, over-used adage, but I've found it to be true. Once again, I'm sorry I wasn't clear, and that my post sparked all of this controversy. I meant well by it, but I'll be very careful from now on to try and be as clear as possible, because I certainly did not mean to be so unclear in my post that it could be interpreted as anything so far from my original point. I hope I've made it all clear now what I meant all along, but if not I'd be happy to make positively sure.

And I'm glad you say you can go along with my way of seeing the lyrics now, and even like to think of them in that way, too. :) Hopefully things are worked out now...?

Hahaha, sure. Don't be afraid of not being too careful, if people don't get it, they will ask 'how so' (hopefully) and we'd get the idea after some elaboration. And if people are just assuming ... well, that's their loss.

btw, We always like a bit of controversy :sneaky:

:nod:

Shocking that people still continue to miss the point of this thread.

:nod:

Clearly the point is that this is outworldly & spectacular: :dazzled:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHrwkVoTcHc]Nicola Roberts - Yo-yo - YouTube[/ame]

And this sucksss: :sick:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1G4isv_Fylg]Coldplay - Paradise - YouTube[/ame]

The new single "Paradise" only confirms what we have long suspected: the Hollywood lifestyle is bringing the demise of this once great band. As many members have questioned, how is it that a band once capable of writing great songs like "Amsterdam" and "Politik" resort to releasing material like "Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall" and "Paradise"?

The reason is that Chris Martin cannot handle the money nor the fame... he has been desensitized by the Hollywood lifestyle. When your life is pretty much perfect and you're hanging out with celebrities like Jay-Z + Beyonce on a regular basis, how can you continue writing songs dealing with unrequited love like "Sparks" or "A Warning Sign"? How can you write about the troubles of everyday life like "Spies" or "A Rush of Blood to the Head"?

Consequently, there's no substance to the new songs and this is reflected in the lyrics. "Wa-wa-wa-wa-waterfall"? "Para-para-paradise"? Really guys? My biggest fear is that Coldplay secretly knows their new songs lack substance and they try to hide it by overproducing every single track, almost as if to distract us from the fact that their new songs essentially don't mean anything. Same with their live shows: instead of just playing music and letting that speak for itself, they're pulling out all the tricks with fireworks and lights...

And note: this isn't a post saying I want Clocks v2 or Yellow v2. I welcome change - For example, I love Radiohead's new direction after OK Computer or U2's decision to release Achtung Baby after Rattle and Hum. However, this doesn't mean all change is good. Coldplay's new songs hint that they would rather be the biggest band in the world, rather than the best. Coldplay should be challenging themselves musically and further developing their sound rather than regressing by producing Top-40 songs and trying to get widespread radioplay. It's a massive waste of their talent and that's the most disappointing thing of all.

Oh you know the Italians are very famous fame super Hollywood .

I saw that the mozzarella on the pizza goes, of course I'm still waiting just for a dinner.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Y48L5yRD9k&feature=related]Coldplay da Fiorello - YouTube[/ame]