✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Mylo Xyloto Listening Party in Austin

DavidB5

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This short review hardly comes from a reliable resource does it and the fact that there is now talk of hip-hop influences throughout worries me quite a lot.

Oh and for some reason the name of the poster suggests to me someone who puts an unnecessary positive slant on everything in life! Probably Coldplay are like her 25th favourite band or something as well... the bit that really makes me laugh is that she is claiming it is their best album to date having listened to it once?!

This short review hardly comes from a reliable resource does it and the fact that there is now talk of hip-hop influences throughout worries me quite a lot.

Oh and for some reason the name of the poster suggests to me someone who puts an unnecessary positive slant on everything in life! Probably Coldplay are like her 25th favourite band or something as well... the bit that really makes me laugh is that she is claiming it is their best album to date having listened to it once?!

With you: I COMPLETELY AGREE!!!

i was LMFAO at this short review (can we call it a review???)

Saying so fucking soon that it is there best album can only make it more worse if you listen to it yourself.Because the hopes you get become anormous.

if almost the whole are in the style of ETIAW,Paradise,MM, then it will be in my eyes an 'mwa album'

But knowing HLH,CB and UIF

i dont no what to expect.

the bit that really makes me laugh is that she is claiming it is their best album to date having listened to it once?!

It makes me laugh that others say that is their worst album when they haven't listened to it at least once...

(I agree with you that it's too early to say that, though)

Ha, not true. I was at the listening party yesterday and we did not have to sign waivers. :) We're allowed to talk about it.

So, yes, I've heard MX. It's a terrific album and I think despite all the negativity going on here, CP fans are going to love it. I don't have time to write a full review right now, but I will and I'll post it Monday.

I will say this....it's their best album to date. The hip-hop influences are present, but not distracting, and they add to the freshness of the sound. Rihanna's appearance on POC is handled very delicately. Her voice and Chris' go together shockingly well and it's still obviously a Coldplay song. The album is sequenced extremely well, so that 14 tracks goes by without feeling long at all.

As I said, I'll write a full review later (I have a music blog which I'll post it to) and then link it up here. I'm excited to share this info with you guys!

Thank you so much ! I appreciate your spoiler-free impressions and I must say it confirms everything I felt about MX. I am even more excited about this album now, if it´s even possible. And glad you agreed with the Oracle about PoC! :)

Thank you so much for your report and the promise of more later! I almost can't believe you didn't have to sign waivers or anything--for the Christmas Lights premiere, we had to sign our lives away, and that's one song! They sure are doing things differently this time. They're being so laissez-faire on purpose that whoever thinks this thing isn't going to leak is delusional (maybe :P). They might even be one of those artists to leak it by their own hand.

Ha, not true. I was at the listening party yesterday and we did not have to sign waivers. :) We're allowed to talk about it.

So, yes, I've heard MX. It's a terrific album and I think despite all the negativity going on here, CP fans are going to love it. I don't have time to write a full review right now, but I will and I'll post it Monday.

I will say this....it's their best album to date. The hip-hop influences are present, but not distracting, and they add to the freshness of the sound. Rihanna's appearance on POC is handled very delicately. Her voice and Chris' go together shockingly well and it's still obviously a Coldplay song. The album is sequenced extremely well, so that 14 tracks goes by without feeling long at all.

As I said, I'll write a full review later (I have a music blog which I'll post it to) and then link it up here. I'm excited to share this info with you guys!

Can't wait till Monday, the album sounds like it's going to live up to everything from your description. Just before Monday, could you give us a quick response on the length of the album? Thanks! :)

BAHAHAHA!! :laugh3: best album yet?? really? I bet everything I have that this is their WORST album to date, there wont be no review monday either, stupidity amazes me i swear -.-

Youre such an annoying person...Everything I read about you must be persistent complaints about the new album. Go and listen to Parachutes the whole day!

:thinking: ooh okay :inquisitive:

i didnt notice that.

Just an example: :confused:

BAHAHAHA!! :laugh3: best album yet?? really? I bet everything I have that this is their WORST album to date, there wont be no review monday either, stupidity amazes me i swear -.-

Thank you so much ! I appreciate your spoiler-free impressions and I must say it confirms everything I felt about MX. I am even more excited about this album now, if it´s even possible. And glad you agreed with the Oracle about PoC! :)

Agreed! Thanks for not spoiling it but giving us an exciting taste!:D

If you dont like what you hear from MX go away from the fucking forum instead of bitching. Nobody thinks your better because you don't like it :angry:

You can tell there not trolling because usually with trolls it'll be their first post. This person's been on here for four years. Still skeptical about Rihanna but my mood has been considerably lightened. Excited for Monday.

Ps- I'd be interested to know what this person's thoughts about the rihanna collaboration were before they heard the song.