✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Mylo Xyloto Listening Party in Austin

DavidB5

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ETIAW really was the introduction of the whole sound of the album.

Just like VLV was for example.

Clocks was the introduction of AROBTTH.

Clocks was the 3rd single though... Although they did stream it before the release.

Anyone else remember when they streamed a song a day before AROBTTH came out?

Oh they were exciting times...

Ha, not true. I was at the listening party yesterday and we did not have to sign waivers. :) We're allowed to talk about it.

So, yes, I've heard MX. It's a terrific album and I think despite all the negativity going on here, CP fans are going to love it. I don't have time to write a full review right now, but I will and I'll post it Monday.

I will say this....it's their best album to date. The hip-hop influences are present, but not distracting, and they add to the freshness of the sound. Rihanna's appearance on POC is handled very delicately. Her voice and Chris' go together shockingly well and it's still obviously a Coldplay song. The album is sequenced extremely well, so that 14 tracks goes by without feeling long at all.

As I said, I'll write a full review later (I have a music blog which I'll post it to) and then link it up here. I'm excited to share this info with you guys!

ok now how much did they pay you to say its their best album? Or maybe you are the retarded Oracle? Oh and one more thing is MX a full sing or just some 20 seconds long song? THanks !

Something ive written in a german Coldplay-Forum,would like to share it in here too. It was concerning their new style of music...

---Well, anyway, the song is already recorded and will be represented at Mylo Xyloto. The collaboration was also established since January 2011. Basically, I was at first a little surprised, I must admit.

However, "Princess of China" ([ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fg6Kbku7yZg]Coldplay - Princess Of China (New song 2011 HQ) - YouTube[/ame]) a very special song, almost hip-hop-like and very different than anything that Coldplay have been delivered. And why should such a song can not be upgraded with something special (Rihanna)? I find this idea to be quite consistent and hope for a great studio version! And I can not imagine the best of intentions, they make a song on the album they're working for three years. For the rest, "Princess of China" is also one of the very first title, written by Chris Martin after the Viva-Era.

And briefly on the topic "what makes Coldplay Rihanna with":

The message they would find not only friends, was in sight and would have known the band. Now, it is a new musical section, the tread of the guys (whether it be good or will not) and I see the whole quite positive. I would have presented no new or ARoBttH parachutes as a new album but new ideas and development, for me anyway, is Coldplay for much creativity. So I can understand the whole not to critics at the time, because a lot of old elements, and sounds are represented in the new songs. For example:

Us Against The World

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KmuVxphsj20]Us against the world - Coldplay - Rock am Ring 2011 - YouTube[/ame]

Up in Flames

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZLwFvcA8eS4]Up In Flames - Coldplay ACL Live 9/15/11 - World Debut - YouTube[/ame]

Charlie Brown

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ViO3qGpB8hM]Coldplay Performs "Charlie Brown" - YouTube[/ame]

So it will be something for everyone, even for fans of the first albums.

And songs like "Every Teardrop ..." and "Paradise" simply better (because catchy) is advertising for a new album, no one can blame them anyway. Coldplay was anyway never been a band with great success in the singles, they have always been an album band, so I'm convinced is the Mylo Xyloto seen as a whole, have a good work upon which we have a lot of fun to be .

Sorry for the long answer but I wanted to tell all my thoughts just once! :-)

ok now how much did they pay you to say its their best album? Or maybe you are the retarded Oracle? Oh and one more thing is MX a full sing or just some 20 seconds long song? THanks !

You call someone retarded and make stupid assumptions about them and then ask something and say thanks. Now that's funny.

Can you post a spoiler free version too? I don't want to know the intimate details, like what songs are instrumentals etc & lyrics. I just want to know what they thought about each song :laugh3:

If no spoiler-free version is forthcoming, I am going to read the whole thing and will edit all spoilers out for you

Is everyone who wears "coldplay" in any form in their name a Retard?

Quite bizarr.

I know its not the place or my place to tell you this but don't call The Oracle retarded! First its just rude to call someone a retard, secondly she is a member here, thirdly she works for them, she can't really go around and write that they their stuff is awful! And maybe the person who was at the listening party really likes the new album, how can you judge if you haven't heard it.

And you really expect them to answer your last question when you called them a retard!

I must say, coming back to this thread today made me laugh! I am very real, I really did listen to the album, you can like my opinions or not, and I'm definitely NOT the Oracle! :laugh3:

I'm waiting until Monday because I'm attending the ACL fest all weekend and for those of you worried that I'll forget everything, I took notes and will write everything up tomorrow as promised. I did only listen to the album once and I normally wouldn't write a review of something until I had a chance to listen to it more, but I'm making an exception as a favor to the fans who are dying to know. I'll be giving all the info I have, m'kay? ;)

Just tell us a rough time length of the album! PLEASE!!!

I must say, coming back to this thread today made me laugh! I am very real, I really did listen to the album, you can like my opinions or not, and I'm definitely NOT the Oracle! :laugh3:

I'm waiting until Monday because I'm attending the ACL fest all weekend and for those of you worried that I'll forget everything, I took notes and will write everything up tomorrow as promised. I did only listen to the album once and I normally wouldn't write a review of something until I had a chance to listen to it more, but I'm making an exception as a favor to the fans who are dying to know. I'll be giving all the info I have, m'kay? ;)

Thank you very much! We appreciate it :)

Appreciate it so much! But if possible keep it spoiler-free (as little detail as possible) :) Thanks again!

Could you maybe do two reviews if possible, one with spoilers and one without them?:)

You could start a "Spoiler free" thread or whatever to post the spoiler free review in, i really want to avoid intimate details, but want to know what you thought :laugh3:

Could you maybe do two reviews if possible, one with spoilers and one without them?:)

You could start a "Spoiler free" thread or whatever to post the spoiler free review in, i really want to avoid intimate details, but want to know what you thought :laugh3:

I think she/he could use the spoiler feature available for posts, so those who want to know can click on the spoiler buttons! :) (I have no idea how to do it though I must admit)

I don't know exactly how much detail people might be looking to avoid, but having listened only once, my comments are going to be pretty general. I'll post the review here, and I won't be upset if someone else wants to trim it down for a non-spoiler version if need be.

About the length of the album, I didn't check a clock or anything, but I would guess it was around an hour long, maybe less. As I said, the 14 tracks went by quickly.